THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:49 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:00 pm 

Quote:
After the curry you can go concrete spotting , the town was built at the same time using the currently crumbling aero concrete. Notice how they are keeping this all very hush hush. Harlow another and Stevenage. Enjoy the game because the rest of the time you will be bored to bloody tears. God awful , soulless places.

Quote:
Too close to call in my book, but i hope i am wrong and we smash them. Never liked the way they came into existence , when other clubs have to earn their way through the football system.

Quote:
Is this the EFL Cup? Shocking support from the home lot

Quote:
It looks awful from the ifollow footage. A couple of hundred in the home end?

Quote:
MK Dons. Embarrassing club.

Quote:
Fu@king hell.
What are we doing.
That was 3 against 1 in the 10th minute.

Quote:
If the lad wasn't trash in front of the goal, this would be 2-0. Embarrassing start

Quote:
Wow! This is awful!

Quote:
Quality from MK is night and day to us… chasing shadows

Quote:
FFS we could be 3 down here

Quote:
This is a wake up call.

Hate to say it, but it's Fantasy Land sacking your experienced manager, not replacing him, and expecting a extended run of results.

Should be 3-0

Quote:
Getting battered here.This lot look like a proper footballing side as opposed to long ball direct like Saturday. Our weaknesses exposed at the moment.

Quote:
5 at the back working wonders for them with pace out wide and up too. This is what Hughes wanted, just recruited terribly.

Quote:
The home commentators are laughing at us. Splitting their sides. This is shocking.

Quote:
That’ll do Gilly!

Quote:
They'll be laughing a lot less now.

Quote:
Is it just me or does the pitch look absolutely massive?

Quote:
Osadebe and Wilson are clueless with the MK Dons wing backs. Not even sure if Wilson has touched the ball yet?

Quote:
Here's another.. 2 - 1 down

Quote:
Against Man City sorry MK bongs

Quote:
Feels like we might nick a draw.

Definitely getting a lot of luck here

Quote:
Jack Payne completely running the show in midfield.

Quote:
Apparently their fans are making lots of noise.

Quote:
That was woeful. A proper footballing lesson for our lot there who were chasing shadows. Only positive is we're still in it because MK Dons should be out of sight.

Quote:
Should be 5 or 6 down, they’re playing how possession football should be done and why it’s better than hoofing it long despite what some on here think. I’d have liked Williamson and said so weeks ago, shame really feel like we may have missed another Ian Evatt.

Hard to tear any individual apart it’s been shocking all round. Need a much improved performance second half and that’s just to avoid a hammering.

Quote:
What formation are MK playing?

Quote:
Looks like 10 up front at times.

Quote:
Kev having a nightmare here as a player and a manager! Make a change before its game over FFS man

Quote:
Could be 5-1 now.....dont know how were still in this

Quote:
This is a right battering. Luckily the scoreline doesn’t reflect it yet.

Quote:
For God's Sake McDonald. SORT IT OUT! Either manage or play the game. Everyone in the world can see we are getting battered here except you!

Quote:
3 - 1 hahahaha

Embarrassing

Quote:
To be fair we should be 6-1 down

Quote:
Fully deserved, in fact it’s not it should be 7 or 8 comfortably. They’re a joy to watch tbf, unfortunately it’s against us.

Quote:
This has been a huge wake-up call. We've a big squad, but thin on quality again.

Ironically, it feels like MK Dons are playing how MH envisaged us playing.

Quote:
Playing Taylor against a direct team like Wrexham, yes.
Against a decent footballing side is a big mistake.
We are all over the shop at the back.

Quote:
This would have been 3 points under Hughes

Quote:
MK Dons to Alexander: omg we're not passing it enough

City fans to Hughes: omg stop passing it

Think the MK fans are getting proved right tonight.

Quote:
I think Williamson will do very well here. He could take them up this season playing football we can only dream of.

Quote:
They’ve hit the woodwork more times than I ever remember in a game.

Quote:
Woodwork hit 4 times, few saves by lewis...this could easily be 8-1 now

Quote:
Their Coms having a a chuckle about Okigoke, seems they’d didn’t rate him either

Quote:
Best League Two side I have seen so far

Quote:
We've had awful performances under some experienced managers but I don't recall a game where we nearly conceded double figures. This, for me, is one of the worst performances I've ever seen as a collective group

Quote:
Even ref feeling sorry for our joke performance by not red carding Taylor

Quote:
Absolutely creamed out there… our backside has been put in a blender and its been turned on full power..

Quote:
9-1 would be fair. How theyve only got three.

i think this result will have a significant bearing on our next managerial apt :-(

Quote:
This has been tragic. Oygeoke, WTF? Taylor should have had a red. Could have been 7 or 8 with no complaints. Gulf in ability on show tonight.

Quote:
Does anyone know what raffle Ogeyoke entered to win a season as a pro footballer?
Might enter myself next Summer

Quote:
Completely embarrassed tonight. We look like a bunch of blokes pulled off the local park. MK have toyed with us.

If anyone needed it to be reiterated, this once again highlights the complete and utter dogs dinner the club made of recruitment in the summer. Our squad is filled with absolute bobbins. Oduor, Tulloch, Taylor, Ridehalgh, Oyegoke, Afoka - none of these should be with the club. I like the Smith signing, but so far he's shown nowt so could be linked with the above.

And sadly some of them are on three years deals. Horrific.

Quote:
It’s worrying for me, people will say it’s one game etc. but I’ve counted 11 clear opportunities that they should have scored, no ifs or buts. I can’t remember a battering this bad, it makes the Bristol City game look competitive. Fair enough MK Dons have looked great, but we’ve looked like Scunthorpe when they were relegated tonight. We’ve made them look like Man City.

Quote:
It’s not often we are happy to settle for a 4-1 defeat.

Quote:
Absolute disgrace tonight that's not what anyone wants to see from a Bradford side.
Thumped well an truly, cricket score avoided by the heroics from and overworked Harry Lewis.

Quote:
I'd have to go back to the Bristol City game to remember such a one sided game. Could and really should have been 7 or 8. Brought back down to earth after this. To be fair to MK Dons they have been fantastic and it looks like they've picked up a very good manager in Williamson. Plays a style of football very effective yet pleasing on the eye.

Quote:
Thank fu@k that’s over.

Quote:
4-1 actually flatters us, not sure I've ever said that after 4-1 defeat. Our limitations as a team skill wise cruelly exposed by the best performance I've seen from any team this season.

Quote:
We were poor but sometimes you’ve got to give credit to the opposition too. MK Dons played some lovely stuff.

Quote:
Would you believe, and I kid you not, there were posts on The Concrete Roundabout after Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Accy questioning Williamson's appointment. "Appoint non-league and you get non-league" was one. Such patience do football fans 2023 possess!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:35 pm 

The Frannie bashers shut up pretty damn quickly. Sweet.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:39 pm 

Fair assessment, on another day that could have been 8 - 1 quite easily, we were exceptional, they were piss poor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:14 am 

The irony of a Bradford fan calling MK a "God awful, soulless place" :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:25 am 

4-1 was kind to them. I expect they will appoint a manager very quickly; they were so thin on the ground and so naive on Tuesday. We won't come across many teams less prepared than that, or many teams that play so narrow. As good as we were, we were lucky to have caught them in a bad spot like we did with Wrexham. It's maintaining the momentum and positive feeling that matters now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2023 5:44 pm 

midland don wrote:
The irony of a Bradford fan calling MK a "God awful, soulless place" :lol:

You beat me to it.
As I walked through the park this afternoon in the clear autumn air looking at the lake and the wildlife and the trees turning golden I noticed how peaceful it was. Getting into the car I popped up to the City Centre and was there in 6 minutes. Got what I wanted and drove home on almost traffic free roads (ok it was only 4.00) and I thought how lucky I was to live here. (No....I've only had one wine - so far).
I last visited Bradford about 8 years ago. It was akin to Luton. Horrible horrible place. I doubt if it has improved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 9:35 am 

Does anyone know what raffle Ogeyoke entered to win a season as a pro footballer? probably the same one he entered last season when he was playing for us. This did make me LOL a lot