THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 12:38 pm 

Quote:
Regarding MK Dons, I've only seen Notts play them away once in the old National Hockey Stadium. I had a couple of hours to spare walking around Milton Keynes before the game, and it was an awful experience. Geometric roads, buildings all the same age and no character at all. It seems the club is the same, no individual identity and no history. We have fans with a history of family support going back over a century, it will take decades for them to get to that point. If they had done the right thing and started at the bottom and worked their way up the pyramid they would have my respect, but I have zero respect for a club that stole the identity of another club.

Quote:
Lovely stadium, but with their attendances, it’s ridiculous. Good support from us lot though.
I’m surprised they don’t have large sections closed. Home fans can sit where they like. Even the halfway line seats are available for home fans.

Quote:
I watched Crewe vs Fake Dons and it was educational. There was so much room down the wings for Crewe and the Fakes did nothing to stem the flow. Their left back was awful. Crewe pressed them around midfield and forced mistakes. The Fakes are a decent side but they don't do well under sustained pressure. It will be a tough game but LW will have seen what I saw. Opportunities will present themselves.

Quote:
As for MK Dons, they’re a team I want Notts to win against. It would be nice if we could do AFC Wimbledon a favour.

Quote:
I have read that they have three players on international duty. I cannot confirm if this is true as I do not know much about them, but if it is, then fair play to them for not requesting for the game to be rearranged. This demonstrates a level of commitment to the league, their fans, and their desire to perform well. I would imagine that their decision may have been different if their form was poorer or if they had more players out. Nevertheless, their decision still deserves recognition.

Quote:
t is still unknown if their absence is due to international commitments or if it's purely due to injuries. Despite this setback, MK Dons are still considered to be a talented team. The majority of their players are established and experienced in the League One, meaning that they possess a significant level of quality.

Considering the circumstances, it would be reasonable to accept a draw in the upcoming game. However, Luke Williams and the team will undoubtedly be aiming for all three points. Securing a victory at Stadium MK would require a stroke of genius and sheer determination. With the quality that MK Dons possess, it's not going to be an easy task for Notts.

Quote:
Mk dons are a really good team, who like to play fast attacking football. Which could fall into notts advantage as we have the quality of players to play through their high press.

Quote:
I notice on an MK Forum they’re already doubting Alexander’s appointment;

Quote:
We went 1-0 up and it all looked good, and I have to confess I was confident we would go onto win, but we just stopped playing and Crewe grew ever more confident. Gone was the confident passing and the high press and in came a lost shape and no apparent game plan and panic-stricken players just booting it long to nobody, but we shouldn’t be shocked we’ve seen it several times this season already, and according to Salford and Motherwell fans this is so the Alexander way.

You genuinely wouldn’t think they’re second in the league, most of their fans think they’re lucky to be there. They seem to think they start fast and play well for the first 30 minutes. So if we survive that we could well be on our way to anther 3 points. If one of or even all three of Mo Eisa, Jonathan Leko and Matthew Dennis are out that will undoubtedly help us.

Quote:
I think MK Dons fans tend to be negative as it is. If they are not winning games, then they seem wary of everything. Most didn’t come from when Wimbledon collapsed, no matter what they say. I wouldn’t read too much into what their fans think. It’s like someone judging Twitter as the majority of Notts fans’ opinions back before we got promoted.

Quote:
Whether by luck or merit, MK Dons currently occupy second place and enjoy the home advantage. It is hoped that Notts can exert pressure on their opponents and incite dissatisfaction among their fans. While it is understandable that the MK Dons supporters may not be in high spirits following their relegation, they are known for their fickleness and propensity to criticize their club, even as they continue to support it. A win for Notts would demonstrate our strength as a team and give the MK Dons fans something to complain about.

Quote:
If we turn on our best football, I think they would struggle because we are the real deal when it comes to passing football. The issue is, they may revert to hoofing the ball, and I’m not sure if we’ll be able to settle it down and play the way we prefer.

Quote:
1-1

MK Dons are doing everything in their power to slow the game down, including violent conduct where for no reason - I believe it was Aden Baldwin who was grabbed. Just their way of trying to regroup but from what I saw and in the reply, he should have been sent off (or at least a yellow).

It looked like he hit out.

Quote:
Win, lose or draw..70% possession away from home at 2nd place is amazing

Quote:
The Pies deserved at least a draw. The response to going a goal down was fantastic. The Pies deserved all 3 points I reckon but we'll take a point against a decent side.

Quote:
I enjoyed the match and thought we should have won. Their goal was very sloppy defending, you don’t very often see attacking players given free rein to run at goal without any closing down or a challenge.

However on the positive side Notts reacted to the set back really well and they were putting crosses into the box and really pressurising the MK defence it was no surprise when we went level and what a goal from Cameron of all people.

Then we really could have won from the Langstaff header had the goalie not stuck a leg out, in fairness it was a brilliant save and Macca must have been gutted it didn’t go in, he did everything right.

Quote:
i felt frustrated by the amount of challenges the referee ignored.

there was times when even they had a clear free kick and playing on made no sense, it happened more to us but i felt it spoilt the game. as did mk dons time wasting antics. they wanted the game to be slower so they could reorganise and just took to clear wasting time. some of the fouls also, how they went unpunished i do not know. i thought notts were class in the second half, we certainly had them on the rope after we scored but we could not find a way through their defence.

i am very happy with the point, i do feel we could have won but mk dons are awful with wasting time.

Quote:
MK Dons looked vulnerable in the second half, and Notts did plenty to win the game. They had a few chances that could have turned the tables on us, but overall, I don’t think anyone can complain about the draw without acknowledging that it was a fair result.

Quote:
In the second half, Notts were exceptional and MK Dons were simply trying to hold on. I agree that the cynical challenges they made should have resulted in cards being issued. Their game quickly became about disrupting our play, and if Macaulay Langstaff had found the back of the net, it would have been even sweeter. However, a draw seems like a fair result to me.

Quote:
It was a decent match, especially if you weren’t rooting for either side. I reckon both sets of supporters will be left wondering why they didn’t clinch the victory. After the 66th minute, MK Dons seemed a bit timid.

Quote:
MK Dons - First time I’ve been there. Wonderful stadium and setup. Liked all the restaurants and stuff outside….but what a soulless club and set of fans

Quote:
That's a great point. Only Swindon (who scored 5 for the 3rd time already this season) and Stags looking arguably more likely to finish top 3 at this stage.

Quote:
Good performance from Notts and deserved the win - they were scared of us and played 5 across the back some compliment when they are at home

Quote:
Happy with a point. Just about fair. They had good chances too. But we performed really well and went to the home of our highest-ranked rival and looked better than them. That has to bode well.

Quote:
Been convinced all week that it would be a defeat so not losing is a bonus but it shows how average this league is that MK Dons are meant to be one of the best teams in it.

Quote:
60 odd % of possession and only 3 shots on target.

Quote:
Great support from our lot.

Absolutely cracking stadium though. What a setup. Shops everywhere, Ikea, big Asda, food and drink all within walking distance and tonnes of car parking next to the stadium.

I said to the bloke next to me that if we suddenly have billionaire owners who want to move from ML, then that would be the blueprint imo. Excellent setup.

Too bloody hot for watching football though, never mind playing in it!

Quote:
Only 8k there & nearly 3k from Notts. Their gates are in decline

Quote:
Without doubt the hottest game I’ve ever been at and it’s heartening to see fancied teams timewasting at home against us, obviously being more than happy with a point. Happy days.

Quote:
This particular quote, from an eloquent chap called ‘Beardhidesboy64, was my favourite

Quote:
Felt more like a ‘were net good enough’ point than a good point.

Why oh why are we playing like the underdogs in this **** league?

I look at that notts county squad, wrexham squad, gillingham squad they are all ****ing bang average and its an embarrassment this is the level we find ourselves at playing as ****ing underdogs, giving up possession and control.

Big turnaround in mentality and approach needed. The **** in this league we should be walking it by 2 or 3 week in week out. There isnt a single quality team in this league.

Quote:
Yet it's the league they find themselves in! By his own admission they aren't a quality team.

Quote:
It's an embarrassment to the whole of football that MKD were ever allowed to play at any level of the Football League.

Quote:
I thought we made MKD look ordinary, without being that threatening ourselves. I think there will be stronger challengers at the top. We are going to need to take a higher %age of our chances this season.

Great ground, great facilities, but awful atmosphere among the home fans.

Quote:
The sour note was the brawl that kicked off outside the ground right in front of us.
Not what I wanted my daughter to witness at her second ever away game.
No idea who started it but the MKD lads certainly didn’t look like they wanted to fight.

Quote:
That's a shame. One of the joys of supporting Notts is the minimal number of hooligan episodes.
Of course sadly, larger away numbers increase the chances of a few idiots attending and spoiling the atmosphere.

Quote:
I walked past a group of knuckle draggers on the way out. The one who I assumed was the lead chimp was shouting out “I’m going down that way to have a fight”….sounds like he got one. Imbaressing.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:51 pm 

What these 'real football men' don't seem to realise is that they're basically a non-league team. They were fucking shit, especially their No'11. He was appalling. This is a real throwback to years ago, the soulless bowl crap we used to get. It's kinda' good to see it again to be honest. That aside, what pisses me off about morons like those quoted is the history aspect. Who gives a fuck whether your club formed 100 years ago, or 10 minutes ago? No one. Get over yourselves you bunch of non-league cloggers.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 2:18 pm 

Travelled in great numbers bollocks, they were fucking silent until they scored :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 5:24 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Travelled in great numbers bollocks, they were fucking silent until they scored :lol:

Hear hear.
The stuff about the set up of the city. Of course the hideous traffic system in Nottingham is so much better - ensuring a steady dribble of traffic at all times around clogged streets so that one can admire the run down dirty housing.

Isn't there a serious hard drug problem there?

Yes they have more history. We don't. That's why we are pathetic. Oh hang on...they are older! And so have more history. Sh*t I never thought of that.

Oh and the fans, who are real fans mark you, not us 'fakes'....
https://fanbanter.co.uk/group-of-notts- ... d-stadium/

Christ, a 1-1 draw away from home and you'd think they'd won The F- Champions League.......

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 7:53 pm 

Why do fans of other clubs assume that it's our objective to gain their respect?

Time and time again, shit like, "They stole a club, they dont have any respect from me" or, "If they started from the bottom of the pyramid like everyone else..." or the classic "I won't acknowledge them until they drop the Dons". Like honestly, how fucking thick and egotistical do you have to be to assume that any of us gives two shits what you think? To any oppo fans who read this, do YOU care what some random Notts County/Oxford/Plymouth/Exeter/Morcambe fan thinks about your club? What about anyone else? No? Neither do we...

I think I hate the other 91 FL clubs more than I love the Dons at this point.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:38 pm 

Another fanbase that loves to moan about franchise football, but then falls over themselves to bring a massive away following and support franchise football financially. The club probably made the best part of £100k off Notts County this weekend.

They can safely be filed with the rest: Coventry, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, AFC Wimbledon, and so on.

As has been established many times, most football fans are so fucking stupid that their supposedly heartfelt principles are worth less than £26.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:40 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Another fanbase that loves to moan about franchise football, but then falls over themselves to bring a massive away following and support franchise football financially. The club probably made the best part of £100k off Notts County this weekend.

They can safely be filed with the rest: Coventry, Wolves, Sheffield Utd, AFC Wimbledon, and so on.

As has been established many times, most football fans are so fucking stupid that their supposedly heartfelt principles are worth less than £26.

Jesus are we charging them £26 to watch us? Hahaha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:02 am 

paul4040 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Jesus are we charging them £26 to watch us? Hahaha.

Yeah that makes it even funnier. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 8:28 am 

Quote:
Good performance from Notts and deserved the win - they were scared of us and played 5 across the back some compliment when they are at home

This is the funniest one for me. We've played 5 at the back all season mate it's got nothing to do with you lot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 9:09 am 

Also, we didn't time waste at all, what are they talking about? I can only assume it was McGillivary having to get the ball for their offside, but that's because it hadn't gone out of play so a ball boy couldn't assist.

It look them longer to take their freekick from Smith's foul than it did ours.