THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Live - Notts County
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:11 pm 

I thought second half was actually a pretty good performance. They had their 10-15 minutes when they scored otherwise a close contest. Both could have won it - glorious chance for Harrison, shame. Great 60 mins Max Dean.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:12 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Yay, we hung on to draw against a recently promoted team. 26% second half possession, time wasting in the 82nd minute when drawing at home. The future is bright.

Top of the league newly promoted team with one of the best squads. Give county more credit

My comment was more about the state of us. Notts County have done well to get where they are, a progressive young coach with clear tactics and confident players. We have an expensively assembled experienced team, featuring many players who have significant experience from the leagues above. To have 30% possession at home against anyone but a Premier League side is concerning. We've ridden our luck so far, I'm concerned if it can continue.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:15 pm 

Very respectable result that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:19 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Yay, we hung on to draw against a recently promoted team. 26% second half possession, time wasting in the 82nd minute when drawing at home. The future is bright.

Top of the league newly promoted team with one of the best squads. Give county more credit

My comment was more about the state of us. Notts County have done well to get where they are, a progressive young coach with clear tactics and confident players. We have an expensively assembled experienced team, featuring many players who have significant experience from the leagues above. To have 30% possession at home against anyone but a Premier League side is concerning. We've ridden our luck so far, I'm concerned if it can continue.

It may, it may not but at the end of the day we have to see what the deadline day guys can bring in. Considering they were on the bench I would like to think Harrison would start in place of leko. Not to say I don't like leko it's just not his favoured position. They may bring a bit more to the table in terms of what Alexander wants to achieve. Squadwise I am more happy than I was 10 days ago we just got to see how it goes. I will say this league isn't great imo we just had to be top three in a pool of mediocrity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:26 pm 

I thought Dean and Tucker impressed today. Tucker being continuously good at the moment.

Found O'Hora and Leko a bit disappointing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:33 pm 

RedOnRed wrote:
I thought Dean and Tucker impressed today. Tucker being continuously good at the moment.

Found O'Hora and Leko a bit disappointing.

Agree about Tucker. Wrong centre back hot MOM.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:55 pm 

Thought we looked ok today.

Played some good stuff at times.

Point a fair result.

Just dropped too deep last 15 minutes.

Am I the only ones that thought Eisa looked injured still?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:56 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Take that point. Harrison looks promising. Shame he didn't score but it was fired in . Dean did really well. Harvies goal was really good. We kept it on the deck more than usual which is what I want to see and MCG made an amazing stop towards the end. We are never going to dominate possession but when we do have the ball we have to make it count. Happy with that all things considered

Dean did very well in the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:02 pm 

Dad_Of_A_Don wrote:
Very respectable result that.

Well we didn't lose and repeating the oft made claim 'last year we'd have lost that' so I suppose, yes, it's a respectable result - although I thought we were wretched in the second half, just went to pieces....again.

Club made loads of money from the virtually silent until they scored) away lot. :D

afc lost :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:09 pm 

A better performance today, albeit with very little possession.

Whilst I don’t think Devoy is a world better, he is the only one that can play the CDM role with MJ out. We looked worse off when he went off and Robson barely saw the ball.

Payne looked very tidy, Harrison not so much but early days.

Massive shout out to Dean. Thought he has moments of class today and I wasn’t at all surprised to see Leko subbed off first.

One thing I did notice is that Norman played was like a RB today. Barely ventured forward at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next