THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:44 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:15 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Look at how far up the pitch Harvie was playing, that is ridiculous if he isn't getting the cover from a CDM or CB.

The trouble is Smith did cover, but left a gaping hole on his inside. The team isn't balanced.

Yeah, Smith appears to be way too far over there. I'm not analyst, but shouldn't it also be Robson's job to cover/help Harvie?

I don't think Harvie, Robson or Smith are getting their roles correct. Whereas we look marginally strong on our right with Norman, Gilbey and O'Hora

Of course the game is fluid and I can't break it down to parts of the ame, but considering Crewe had more possession and attacked down the right, I would say that both Robson and Devoy were too far right and not providing defensive cover.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2023 4:24 pm 

Not great, but not bad. We certainly can’t continue to play like that if we want to go up though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10