THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:46 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:39 pm 

Stockport, Grimsby, Shewsbury and Portsmouth all failed to beat your so called kids teams. So why not give our lads credit for doing what a load of other blokes couldn't, instead of constantly trying to pretend that they had no worthwhile opponent ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:40 pm 

donmentor wrote:
Stockport, Grimsby, Shewsbury and Portsmouth all failed to beat your so called kids teams. So why not give our lads credit for doing what a load of other blokes couldn't, instead of constantly trying to pretend that they had no worthwhile opponent ?

Because they shouldn't be playing against kids in the first place is my answer to that.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:51 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

Because they shouldn't be playing against kids in the first place is my answer to that.

Not even our kids. You sre harsh

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:04 pm 

donmentor wrote:

I haven't got the time, effort or care to search how many changes those teams made against their respective opponents. But I know the likes of Leko, Tucker, Lewington, O'Hora, Hunter should be comfortable against inexperienced footballers.

Where I do take comfort and pride is the young ones who played well so good for them. And as Dips said, we shouldn't be playing under 21's on a Tuesday night. It's a waste of everyone's time. Baring in mind my Chelsea connections I had absolutely zero knowledge of any single player except their goalkeeper.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:11 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

That's where the youth leagues come in. Forcing our first team to play against an U21 team in a league sanctioned competition is wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:21 pm 

Very hard to gauge any L1/2 men's team against U21s.

U21s from the Prem can be technically gifted but naive or lacking physicality. Those games can really go either way.

However, it's always good to win - even in the Pointless Trophy - and it was good to see Max Dean take his opportunity.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 2:22 pm 

I always found the kids the hardest to play against, nippy little things always trying to run rings around you, like those nasty little yappy dogs some people have.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:55 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

That's where the youth leagues come in. Forcing our first team to play against an U21 team in a league sanctioned competition is wrong.

Totally agree.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:16 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:

I enjoyed it as did the thousand plus there. It was good to see our players like Tripp, Scholtz, Llunga, Waller, Anker and not forgetting Dean, as well as the Chelsea U21s. I think your just a sourpuss.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:35 pm 

Think the majority of lower league fans are sourpusses then, attendances speak for themselves.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next