THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:36 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Stockport, Grimsby, Shewsbury and Portsmouth all failed to beat your so called kids teams. So why not give our lads credit for doing what a load of other blokes couldn't, instead of constantly trying to pretend that they had no worthwhile opponent ?

Because they shouldn't be playing against kids in the first place is my answer to that.

Not even our kids. You sre harsh

That's where the youth leagues come in. Forcing our first team to play against an U21 team in a league sanctioned competition is wrong.

I enjoyed it as did the thousand plus there. It was good to see our players like Tripp, Scholtz, Llunga, Waller, Anker and not forgetting Dean, as well as the Chelsea U21s. I think your just a sourpuss.

There’s a reason there’s a competition wide boycott and that this tournament has three vast majority of record low crowds for clubs, including our own if I’m not mistaken.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:39 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Think the majority of lower league fans are sourpusses then, attendances speak for themselves.

You will need to ask them. Good that the start time is 7 pm, attracts younger fans than the later times.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:41 pm 

epdon wrote:
I always found the kids the hardest to play against, nippy little things always trying to run rings around you, like those nasty little yappy dogs some people have.

Philip Larkin once memorably said 'Your parents f- you up'. Well maybe, ok but it works the other way round too. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:44 pm 

DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
DippyDon wrote:
donmentor wrote:
Stockport, Grimsby, Shewsbury and Portsmouth all failed to beat your so called kids teams. So why not give our lads credit for doing what a load of other blokes couldn't, instead of constantly trying to pretend that they had no worthwhile opponent ?

Because they shouldn't be playing against kids in the first place is my answer to that.

Not even our kids. You sre harsh

That's where the youth leagues come in. Forcing our first team to play against an U21 team in a league sanctioned competition is wrong.

I enjoyed it as did the thousand plus there. It was good to see our players like Tripp, Scholtz, Llunga, Waller, Anker and not forgetting Dean, as well as the Chelsea U21s. I think your just a sourpuss.

There’s a reason there’s a competition wide boycott and that this tournament has three vast majority of record low crowds for clubs, including our own if I’m not mistaken.

It hasn't got the glamour granted, however it gives our younger players experience of playing in front of a crowd.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:27 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
Think the majority of lower league fans are sourpusses then, attendances speak for themselves.

You will need to ask them. Good that the start time is 7 pm, attracts younger fans than the later times.

And bad that it makes it more awkward for older fans

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:37 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Seems a lot don't want to go anyway. It seems to be beneath them. Young people are less cynical. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:29 am 

Alby39 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Or anyone that doesn’t live in MK, which the club forget very often.

We were the only club to move it to 7pm. Almost all games were still at 7:45 or the odd one at 7:30.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:02 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

We were the only club to move it to 7pm. Almost all games were still at 7:45 or the odd one at 7:30.

There are League and League cup games at 7.45, plus any FA cup replays. Think of the young ones. I for one would let them in for free .

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:34 am 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
East Wing Don wrote:
Alby39 wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

There are League and League cup games at 7.45, plus any FA cup replays. Think of the young ones. I for one would let them in for free .

I'd agree in regards to letting kids in for free. However there's probably some FA rule regarding that. I'm not interested in this competition any longer. It was pretty good as the format used to be. Since the introduction of U21's I couldn't care less. They fixed something that wasn't broken. However I'm pretty sure that clubs make more money in prizes than they used to before it was changed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9