THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:55 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:06 pm 

Another odd game, well in control of the first half, without actually looking very good, then not in control of the second half, still not looking very good, but never mind we’re top of the league.

Their goal tbh was very well taken, don’t think many keepers would have stopped that.

Looking ahead, we have to be better than we are now, we’ve rode our luck in every game so far and I’m baffled as to how we are league leaders at this point, we’ve been dogshit in every game, yet here we are winning 4 out of 5 league matches

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 7:15 pm 

On another day, we'd have been 4-0 up at half time. However, we missed a couple of chances and let them back in. Harvie was poor for their goal but made up for it with a great header to stop a certain 2nd.
Only being good in 1 half is quite normal for a team with a new manager though. Hopefully we can start to string 2 good halves together and actually look good for our position in the league.
It's nice to be winning for a change. I almost forgot what that was like

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:03 pm 

Last season we took 15 games to amass 12 points ( 13 actually ). The season we were promoted from L2 in 2008 it took 9 games. That looks like an improvement to me in that we are getting the best out of what we have. Long may it continue.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 3:36 am 

Alby39 wrote:
Who's whinging about a win then?

I won't whinge about winning but I'll share concerns about the sustainability in the manner we are winning and the impact it may have on recruitment

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:31 am 

AB4 wrote:
On another day, we'd have been 4-0 up at half time. However, we missed a couple of chances and let them back in........

Did you arrive late then and not see the very convertible chances they created and missed before we scored?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:28 am 

Pseudonym wrote:
paul4040 wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:
Anyone see our penalty shouts well?

The one against Eisa looked iffy. Their defender didn’t touch the ball but Mo was clearly injured by the connection (stamp on foot?).

The Dennis was nailed on and possibly a red too. Yet the ref didn’t even judge it - he pretended nothing had happened.

Dennis fouled the bloke in the first place from where I was sitting.

Thought it was shoulder to shoulder and Dennis was stronger.

Having watched the incidents back several times, looks to me like both were penalties. The ref can be excused for the first against Eisa as hard to spot (but can be inferred).

The second was a clear penalty and a red card. Dennis with a robust shoulder to shoulder (ref did not give a foul against him and let several of those go) and their defender grabbed Dennis’s ankle. Ref didn’t even rule it out as a penalty.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:07 am 

Sting wrote:
AB4 wrote:
On another day, we'd have been 4-0 up at half time. However, we missed a couple of chances and let them back in........

Did you arrive late then and not see the very convertible chances they created and missed before we scored?[/quote]
I wish I had. That was a horrible opening 10 or so minutes. :x

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:11 am 

They really only had one clear chance in the first half, the one that Faal cocked up from 10 yards with a gaping goal (hello hello our old friend, ball across the box again!). The rest was all half chances and worked angles, nothing they "ought to have scored from".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:07 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
They really only had one clear chance in the first half, the one that Faal cocked up from 10 yards with a gaping goal (hello hello our old friend, ball across the box again!). The rest was all half chances and worked angles, nothing they "ought to have scored from".

Hmmm. I still had to change my trousers when I got home. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:10 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
paul4040 wrote:

Hmmm. I still had to change my trousers when I got home. ;)

Normal event for you. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next