THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:48 pm 

from their Predictions thread:
Quote:
Plastic club,Plastic fans....8-0....I wish.
Probably be a draw though.

Quote:
Crawley 1 the real Wimbledon 1

Quote:
The Internet's Club 3 Former FA Cup Winners 0

Quote:
We often have entertaining games against Wimbledon... I mean MK Dons 2-2 with Telford and Tsaroulla scoring.

...and from the matchday thread:
Quote:
2 1 to us. Another cracker. Who are these guys and what have they done with Crawley?

Quote:
Going up as Champions!!

Quote:
I'm always a bit concerned when I see Crawley knocking it around like that, but these guys seemed to cope with it very well - the exception being a misplaced pass in midfield that led to MK's goal. Can't complain though because playing that way led to one, possibly both, of ours. For a large chunk of the game we played MK off the park. However, when you play pressing football like that, it is more tiring and did drop off a lot after we went ahead. Scott Lindsey will know if that was by accident or design.

Quote:
That MK scorer got a bit feisty with some of the South Stand. I think his name was Wanga or something similar judging by the chanting.

Quote:
Enjoyed that game. Good goals, good crowd, good action and good teams. Its so much more satisfying to beat a good team than a crap team.
Hit the bar, good save by their keeper, a couple whizzing by the post. Honestly could have won by more.

Quote:
What a game! There are 2 types of passing the ball around the back; one like the first half of last season, where there seemed to be no purpose to it other than just keeping possession, and one like this season, when the players are always looking for quick incisive balls forward. I know which one I prefer.

Quote:
I’ve been watching Crawley since 82/83 season.
We’ve had highs we’ve had lows.
But man for man, as a team, that’s possibly the best all round team/squad (call it what you like) I’ve seen.
Unbelievable, and I will add to this.
This squad could do things.

Quote:
I don’t think it should be overlooked how well we played this evening. As someone on the MK forum has said ‘Crawley were everything you want from a footballing side’
We had so much energy which was paired with quality, good first touches and movement off the ball, this allowed us to create spaces and we ran rings around their midfield at times.

Quote:
Uncle Bulgaria , Orinoco , Madame Cholet , Tobermory .......... your boys took one helluva beating !!!!!!!!

Quote:
Good performance, two great goals, and some of the best football I've seen Crawley play for a couple of years. As Scott said in his interview can't get carried away but a great start. Whoever is doing the recruitment this year, looks like they have found some good ones.

Quote:
That was one of the best performances I've seen from us in ages. Obviously there was the Fulham game last season but otherwise I'm talking possibly years ago. Brilliant football, well-drilled, well-executed and with extra bite and fight that was missing for large chunks of last season. Thought we outplayed them for pretty much the entire game, and they're a very good team who will almost certainly finish top seven.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 8:41 pm 

Funny set of comments, They rate our team much higher than we do. Must be something to do with reputation - if you have been at all of our games this season you see huge issues, but we still seem a strong side to those that haven’t seen it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:04 pm 

Thanks Oakee - I loved this one

Quote:
Uncle Bulgaria , Orinoco , Madame Cholet , Tobermory .......... your boys took one helluva beating !!!!!!!!

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:40 pm 

Their general dislike of AFCW is quite apparent. Common sense at last.
Sometimes I wish we had a ground of similar capacity to them, I'm envious.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2023 1:31 pm 

Didn't realise they hated AFC so much, fair play. Let's do a banner for them when they come to our place haha.