THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:45 pm 

I am questioning our style. We have gone long and direct down the middle didn't work. Can't cross well either. We need to pick a way and work on it. We do need players obviously we were gassed from 20 mins in. Even eisas shot was limp. We can't moan. All clubs in league two have the same amount of games but we look devoid of creativity. Its a sad state when you motm is the keeper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:47 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Genuinely think this is worse than most game last season, its been that bad.

Yes. 100%. Just said that to a Junior Ramone.
F- dreadful.
I repeat what I posted earlier...WTF are they being coached to do? I mean even if we got in say 3 :o 'decent loan players' would it make any difference playing like this? No it f- wouldn't.
Thank gawd there's no home games for a while (not counting - losing to - whoever Under 12s) for me to suffer.

Last edited by Aliramone on Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:48 pm 

The players are not the only problem. Yes we need squad additions but the tactics at Tranmere and tonight were dreadful.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:50 pm 

Can’t name many games last season worse than that. Absolutely dreadful all over the pitch.

MJ Williams absolutely wank, did nothing right all game. Eisa and Leko selfish and dreadful finishing. Defence is a shambles. Extremely lucky not to concede at least 2 goals on Saturday. That luck wasn’t there to bail them out tonight.

Devoy finally given a chance and does well.

Gilbey and MJ Williams play yet another 100 minutes of football. Way to burn out your midfield 3 league games into the season.

Honestly, that performance has completely wiped out the positives from Wrexham and Tranmere.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:57 pm 

I might be wrong but I'm certain I'm not, the last goalkeeper to make a save against us was Craog MacGillivary back in May for Burton

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:57 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
AB4 wrote:
Maybe there are some positives that can come out of this dreadful performance. If it means Winkie finally realises that we need to spend some money to get players to get out of the division, it'll be worth it.

Hahaha good one

Yeah. Got to agree. Good luck with that.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:58 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I might be wrong but I'm certain I'm not, the last goalkeeper to make a save against us was Craog MacGillivary back in May for Burton

We had shots on target saved tonight though?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:58 pm 

Perhaps they can use the carpark money, the greedy bastards.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:00 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

Not quite true based on Fotmob stats, but it looks like he is the last keeper to make 2 saves against us in a game I believe. 2 on target today and vs Tranmere, 6 on target vs Wrexham.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:26 pm 

Crawley demonstrated everything I want to see from a footballing side. Pressed well off the ball and played nice quick passing football in possession. Their second goal was lovely. Their team is made up of players from the national league and cast aways from other league 2 clubs. Fair play to them, they looked like the best side we’ve seen so far this season.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next