THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:12 pm 

Quote:
Can’t see beyond us getting eaten live by Mo Eisa, Eleko. They have some quality forward players with lots of flair. And jury is still out on us. Hope I’m wrong. A draw would be great.

Quote:
Yes the 2 lads are a handful but other than that they are nothing special. It’s a small quite youthful squad they have hardly nothing on the bench, particularly strikers. I’m confident we can get something out of this, either a draw or sneaky win.

Quote:
We're being given a footballing lesson here.

Quote:
Some decent stuff here at last. And Dons seem to have lost their mojo.

Quote:
WTF!!!!!!!!!!! Norris misses an open goal!!

Quote:
Rovers doing everything right this second half apart from scoring!

Quote:
I thought it was a good performance and we ultimately deserved to win the game, let alone draw it. However, we have ultimately paid for an awful goal given away from a set play where we have tried to play offside, something that must have come from the coaching staff.

The front three caused problems all game and Hendry was excellent. We lost our way midway through the first half, but after the change of shape to the diamond we completely dominated, with Norris and Jennings both missing chances they should have scored.

Quote:
Complete waste of a half, it was pretty laboured in the first 45 but absolutely battered them in the second. Norris and Jennings should have scored, it goes down as one of those days where the ball just wouldn't go in. There were promising signs though but as we said last season many times, we need to play for 90 mins, not 45!

Quote:
I didn't think we could have done much more. Dons went deep so it was difficult at times to break them down but we still did on a few occasions. We could actually have won that game had we been able to convert those two chances. Hopefully it will click a bit more on Tues.

Quote:
That was definitely a game of two halves. Abject first half and desperately unlucky not to score second half. Dawes needs to change the starting lineup.

Quote:
For the second consecutive league match we get nothing from a game we should have at least drawn. Dreadful in the first half but dominated the second creating several half chances and 2 sitters wasted by Jennings and Norris.

Quote:
Leaving Mo Eisa to have a free header in the 7th minute wasn't a great start and, as expected, we struggled to handle him and Eleko in the first half (even though both were a bit leggy fortunately). Mk Dons dominant in first half and then they were happy to sit back and absorb the pressure in the second half.

Quote:
Terrible and disappointing start.Looking for vast improvement otherwise the future looks bleak Life is tough when you are skint.

Quote:
For a team like MK Dons to be bossed out of the chances at home and not killed off, shows they are

A: A bit fortunate to be top.

B: Not a certainty to be able to keep up a promotion push.

Quote:
We should have won that game, we were by far the better team. As it is MK Dons lie top and we lie 2nd bottom. Same old same old.... finishing!

Quote:
Certainly a game of 2 half’s. First half was as bad as I have seen us, the early goal killed a sense of optimism and the voice of the SWA. From there, MK were dominant because we lacked urgency and didn’t compete.
Second half, as pointed out was much better. But I feel this was MK sitting back, trying to get a clean sheet and hoping to hit us on the counter rather than us bossing it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:52 pm 

Eleko?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:54 pm 

They’re referring to us as “Dons” what the fuck is going on :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:40 am 

Cheers for taking the time to do that Oakee.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:49 am 

This is always a highlight thread for me. Thanks Oakee.