THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:11 pm 

No chance keyser, we are getting promoted

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:58 pm 

That second half was absolute dogshit. It was a humbling reminder of L2. Lots of hoofball and miles off L1. I'm sure there are better teams to come but my god we get let off the hook today. I guess we can take the positives in that we can scrape a 1 nil win.

I am hoping both Leko and Eisa came off unscathed, as they both went down at different times of the game. GA didn't fancy Dean and we ended up with no striker's on the pitch for the last 10/15 mins. Once we took Leko off, we had no outlet and we clearly didn't want to keep the ball. It really was as no nonsense as gets during that second half.

Sound really nelly negative as I thought we looked good in parts during that first half and I thought Tranmere were there for the taking. I thought Smith was excellent in particular. A decent L1 outfit would have scored 2/3 of those chances in the second half. I would imagine a very pissed off manager.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:47 pm 
So essentially what we're saying is...we're on thin ice and chancing our luck that nobody gets injured and stronger teams won't do better than Tranmere.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:32 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Jesus, you're more delusional than me! :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:57 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Beardhidesboy64 wrote:

Jesus, you're more delusional than me! :shock:

- the guy who thought we'd stay up with a P.E teacher in charge, winless in 8

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:56 am 

I certainly didnt, i werent on the forum then. I wanted a neil warnock type ti come in and get the points required at all costs. I cannot emphasise how much i do not give a shit about style or buzz words any more, i just want to ein at sll costs. Whatever it takes to consistently bting home 3 points with a manager you can trust that has a wealth of experience.

Same with players, im a gooty manager guy, very good at it and used to host network games etc and that kind of programmed an obsession in me for young players and wonderkids but now i just want proven players again that you can trust at their prime age. Its nice having the odd young prospect to watch develop but i want to look at that team sheet and see 16 players you can trust to go out there and do a job and bring home 3 points. Players you can look at and say theres 10 goals, theres 15 goals, theres 20 goals, theres 5 goals etc and with certainty start to foresee where those winning stats will come from!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:54 pm 

Filth wrote:
So essentially what we're saying is...we're on thin ice and chancing our luck that nobody gets injured and stronger teams won't do better than Tranmere.

It's not even thin ice; it's merely 'very cold' water :(

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:27 pm 

Filth wrote:

Don't threaten us with a good time.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 6:05 am 
Gotta laugh haven't you. We're top of the league with the highest goal difference and still finding reasons to complain.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:31 pm 

Beardhidesboy64 wrote:
I certainly didnt, i werent on the forum then. I wanted a neil warnock type ti come in and get the points required at all costs. I cannot emphasise how much i do not give a shit about style or buzz words any more, i just want to ein at sll costs. Whatever it takes to consistently bting home 3 points with a manager you can trust that has a wealth of experience.

Same with players, im a gooty manager guy, very good at it and used to host network games etc and that kind of programmed an obsession in me for young players and wonderkids but now i just want proven players again that you can trust at their prime age. Its nice having the odd young prospect to watch develop but i want to look at that team sheet and see 16 players you can trust to go out there and do a job and bring home 3 points. Players you can look at and say theres 10 goals, theres 15 goals, theres 20 goals, theres 5 goals etc and with certainty start to foresee where those winning stats will come from!

Was replying to Keyser

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit