THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:19 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
We have got so lucky, we really don’t deserve to be winning. Im quite disappointed that GA hasn’t changed shape/made more subs. We’ve not been in this game at all second half after they changed to a back 3.

To be fair to him who else do we bring on? They were defending excellently (with a couple of nervy moments granted)

Last edited by DippyDon on Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:36 pm 

First half we were OK. Second half was god awful. We should not have got the 3 points today with them missing 3 very, very close opportunities.
Seemed to play a 5-1-3-1 at times when we should have been the team attacking them more. But a win is a win and maybe we'd have pushed more if behind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:39 pm 

AB4 wrote:
First half we were OK. Second half was god awful. We should not have got the 3 points today with them missing 3 very, very close opportunities.
Seemed to play a 5-1-3-1 at times when we should have been the team attacking them more. But a win is a win and maybe we'd have pushed more if behind

5-1-3-1 - the Mike Bassett Kerplunk Set?!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:42 pm 

We were so so far off it second half.

Thought first half we were very good, lot of energy and showed a lot of desire. Was happy at HT. Second half, I seriously think Rovers will be disappointed they didn't win let alone get a point.

We defended well in fairness but more so last ditch, they should've put 2/3 away when they did get in behind.

Three points are three points. I will not complain.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:50 pm 

Need to practice passing to a teammate. Our ball retention was appalling in the second half.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:51 pm 

I thought we took our foot off the gas after just 20 minutes. It allowed them back into the game. We looked knackered.

How did they not win? League 2 quality I guess.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:54 pm 

Absolute game of three thirds

Great first third, then eye off the ball, then tin hat time

I'm very pleased to have got out of this afternoon with the win, how we didn't concede I don't know

Anyway, points on the board

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:04 pm 

It'a usually the away side that gets away with daylight robbery. We managed to do it as the home side.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:08 pm 

A good first 15 minutes but after that we got slowly and progressively worse. And GA couldn't reshape things because the bench is more threadbare than a tramp's undercrackers.

The only good thing is that, last season, we would have lost that. But unless we have some decent players coming in soon, we'll be lower bottom half at best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:09 pm 

Overall really pleased with the defence so far and for the first time in ages we're managing without Lewie. Which is just as well.

It sounds like the manager has identified the issues, as he should do and it's great to see a boss so animated and not passive.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next