THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:44 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:50 pm 

Quote:
Their forum doesn't seem to care if they win or lose but at the same time they think we are there for the taking post-Ainsworth. They are more annoyed at having to pay £10 for parking.

Quote:
Looking forward to the bucks Derby tonight. I think we can’t look past their relegation last season, they’ve made some astute signings in the summer and I for one would love to see them bounce straight back, as we as a fan base will be missing a great derby.

Quote:
4/10 You'd have been better off going with "It's been 19 years since they were founded so it's about time we accepted they're here to stay. Some people need to grow up and look forwards not backwards" Something like that. Bit more subtle though the lower case 'bucks' and upper case 'Derby'was quite good.

Quote:
Only two steps from "I loved our cup game against Wimbledon, let's keep the friendship up" Vomit inducing.

Quote:
Ah - Stadium:MK…

The only place where I can do the weekly Asda shop, have a quick bite to eat from Nando’s, catch a film, top up on last minute necessities from Superdrug and then finally enjoy 90 minutes of football, all without moving the car. Pure bliss.

Quote:
Well this is a vast improvement, some lovely football on show. Low looks decent.

Quote:
Lovely, Feck the franchise.

Quote:
Dong's : One step nearer bankruptcy

Quote:
Why is Eisa playing for those non club twats. He's far too good for them

Quote:
What a waste of a stadium this is. Empty stands.

Quote:
Pitiful

Quote:
I've seen plenty of clubs huddle the away fans together in a small section of the away end, rarely see clubs do it with their own fans.

Quote:
A good solid win against a bit of a softer looking MK side than we’re used to seeing.

Quote:
Better. Not perfect by any means but better.

Although at half-time i have to admit i was wondering how on earth this team will score any goals. Our attacking play was so pedestrian, some nice touches but no sign of us getting in amongst or behind MK’s massed ranks.

However, the second half was very different. And bringing on Hanlan and De Barr proved to be the spark that delivered actual chances and goals. Well done both.

Elsewhere Joe Low was excellent in the middle of a physically huge back three. Good from Scowen and Potts in the engine room too.

Quote:
All in all it was still a far from perfect performance and they had plenty of chances. Improvements came towards the end and things began to click a bit more. That bodes well going forward.

Just to add that their soulless bowl was at an all time low tonight. You could have heard a pin drop. Which was nice.

Quote:
Seemed even more daft chucking us up high.

Although a good view in fairness.

But it's a stark reminder of what we might have ended up with if the Wasps Booker thing had happened.

Quote:
Even less reason for this shower to exist now as I notice that there was another MK team playing in the FA Cup on Saturday: Milton Keynes Irish.

Hopefully this other team will soon be the only football club in the town as oblivion awaits the franchise.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 6:11 am 

That's more like it! Bile, bitterness and hatred! :D

We rarely get that anymore in VFTOS.