THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:51 am 
Discuss your pre-match build-up and the match itself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:15 am 

I have a suspicion that Wycombe will be on the decline now that Ainsworth isn't with them. They lost 3-0 at home to Exeter at the weekend which was a poor start to the season.

I'd quite like to see us go for this one. I think we have a good chance of beating them if we can start on the front foot like we did against Wrexham. We will off course need to rotate the team but its a good opportunity for Anker/Tripp/Devoy to stake a claim for the next league game.

COYDs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:19 am 

Ormeau wrote:
I have a suspicion that Wycombe will be on the decline now that Ainsworth isn't with them. They lost 3-0 at home to Exeter at the weekend which was a poor start to the season.

I'd quite like to see us go for this one. I think we have a good chance of beating them if we can start on the front foot like we did against Wrexham. We will off course need to rotate the team but its a good opportunity for Anker/Tripp/Devoy to stake a claim for the next league game.

COYDs

With the depth of our squad, play the youngsters and concentrate on the league.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 12:37 pm 

I reckon we’ll make 10/11 changes and I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:25 pm 

Have ordered my ticket for this but no option to download it or print at home....anyone else managed to do this?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 3:36 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
I reckon we’ll make 10/11 changes and I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest

Same.

I feel that if we manage to progress from the Pizza Cup group we might take that a little seriously, but the EFL Cup is really a crap competition and I don't care if we lose too much.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:34 pm 

Ormeau wrote:

COYDs

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see them relegated. Their team is looking pretty poor this season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:58 pm 

I could never imagine a world in which throwing any game against Wycombe would be fine by me. I no longer ger need to imagine it. Bollocks to this game - if we win, fantastic but I won't lose sleep over it.

Also, I'm not going. Because I am not paying for the parking. Good luck dealing with the embarrassment of the pictures that go around of the 1k (at a push) at the game for a Bucks Derby, Winkelbot.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:20 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
I could never imagine a world in which throwing any game against Wycombe would be fine by me. I no longer ger need to imagine it. Bollocks to this game - if we win, fantastic but I won't lose sleep over it.

Also, I'm not going. Because I am not paying for the parking. Good luck dealing with the embarrassment of the pictures that go around of the 1k (at a push) at the game for a Bucks Derby, Winkelbot.

Hasn’t there always been a cost to park in the stadium? Thought it was like £10 a game?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:03 pm 

Not for blue badge holders.

In honesty it's not the sole reason I'm not going but it is a
contributing reason.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next