THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2023 8:06 pm 

a selection of comments from The Barnsley FC BBS fans forum

Quote:
It looks no different to many games this season, neat and tidy with absolutely no threat on the opposition goal

Quote:
How empty is that stadium!?

Quote:
This is what happens when you change a side and lose momentum…

Quote:
Lucky to be winning our final ball yet again is shocking with Kitching being the worse culprit we look bang average

Quote:
Imho...looks like a training game.
We have possession but don't really want to get shots off.
They look good until they get to the edge of the box. I actually think they have probably shaded that....certainly in terms of shots.

Quote:
When are we going to get a break re penalties at both ends

Quote:
First half when Williams pulled their forward to the floor when the cross went across the face of goal?

We'll stop giving penalties away when we stop fouling the opposition in our own penalty area.

Quote:
What is happening?

Quote:
They were unlucky to go in 1-0 down. We're getting a bit of a football lesson now. Should tell us something about the players in how we react.

Quote:
Fantastic stuff. We seemingly can't ever come from behind to win a game, yet relegation threatened MK Dons are well on the way to managing it against us.

Quote:
Embarrassing we look like frauds

Quote:
I get we've rested players but this is terrible.

Quote:
Let's see if I'm wrong and they can come from behind.

Quote:
I expected a drab draw today. It won’t be drab whatever the result but you’d hardly say a draw is beyond possibility. (Edit, maybe now, as it goes 3-1).

Quote:
Looks like we're finally going to get that monkey off our back of not losing a game when we've gone ahead. It's been a real weight.

Quote:
Embarrassing. Absolutely awful.

Quote:
This attitude is offensive to the fans that have made the effort to spend their hard earned money and travel down.

I’m not feeling confident for the play offs whatsoever!

Quote:
What the absolute **** are these lads on the pitch doing today? Like they're trying to play their way out of contention for the play offs

Quote:
They are walking through our midfield and defense…..

Quote:
They should be absolutely embarrassed at that. They've just let a kid run 100 yards unchallenged. Awful performance second half.

Quote:
400 miles round trip and 7hrs wasted for this. Well in reds.

Quote:
Annoyed we're helping MK in the league, they shouldn't be there in the first place!

Quote:
These have lost 12, TWELVE home games this season. And we're just letting them have this. We've had a great season but this is just disrespectful to the fans that have travelled tbh

Quote:
That third was a fantastic goal tbf....what a strike! and started from winning a tackle on his own box.

Quote:
Stood watching this garbage. Fuming. Dog **** from the first whistle. Don't tell me this is a dead rubber you gonks. Unacceptable to come all this way and be subjected to this. Shameful.

Quote:
Expected us to at least try. They are professional footballers; it’s not a friendly. It’s not fair on other bottom teams either,

Quote:
We're going into the play-offs with all the form of soft playdough. Getting absolutely spanked.

Quote:
The come back is on

Quote:
Kin el.

No way can we get this level surely...

Quote:
They are going to start cacking themselves now.

Quote:
Bloody hell 4-4

Quote:
This game's nuts!

Quote:
Massive minute at the bottom. We equalise, Morecambe complete their comeback against Lincoln. MK Dons now well and truly back in the ****

Quote:
I hammered them at 4-1, and they deserve massive praise now. Brilliant character to get that back.

Quote:
I’m not worried about fake Dons. Feel bad about Forest Green, being a vegan..

Quote:
Great comeback, but worth just reminding ourselves how poor we were up to 70 minutes. If we play like that in the play-offs, we're knackered.

Quote:
We've got high scoring history with this team. Remember a few years ago we lost 5-3 at home to them? I think we were 5-0 down as well but clawed back three goals.

Like everyone else though I was disappointed with how we played the first hour or so of this game but what a finale, and it could easily have been a 5-4 win. It was a frantic finish and another away win would not have been unjust, given the way we came back at them. I wonder how many went out cursing the team at 1-4 and then missed the fight back?

Quote:
Think in hindsight it was MK dons making subs and slowing the game down that came back to haunt them. Honestly the weirdest game I’ve seen. We didn’t get out of our half for the 25 mins of the 2nd half. Then it looked like it was dead and buried for us then looked like we might go and win it and then they had one more big chance to win it too.
Weird football stadium too. Felt like they had no fans there and great to see our fans all in fancy dress.

Quote:
We already scored 2 in the comeback to make it 4-3 before they made any subs. I'd say the reason they made the subs is because we started getting back into the game because we switched it up. I berated the players at 4-1, so I'm definitely giving them credit - and Duff credit - for making tactical changes & pulling a point out of nowhere, because as you say for that first 20/25 minutes of the second half they hammered us.

Quote:
To the two guys who were sitting next to me and then left at 4-1 all I have to say is HAHAHAHA!!!

Quote:
For large parts of that second half Barnsley were the second most hated club in football, allowing the most hated club in football three easy points when there is a possibility of relegating them. Luckily Barnsley rallied to avoid that stigma.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 10:35 am 

Thanks Oakee - some great content! - love this one in particular:

Quote:
For large parts of that second half Barnsley were the second most hated club in football, allowing the most hated club in football three easy points when there is a possibility of relegating them. Luckily Barnsley rallied to avoid that stigma.

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:05 pm 

thank you for the hard work you do in compiling this.Its great when when we win or draw against the odds, like Derby. But going through it when we have been denied the three points, it must be a chore. Fingers crossed we can drink the tears of the bottom four.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 3:06 pm 

Good stuff. Thanks Oakee.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:22 pm 

You are all welcome, and yes it can get a bit tedious especially reading through the better supported clubs forums. I guess that won't be so much of a problem next season though :roll:

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:04 pm 

I wonder what other clubs think of the view from our side. Do you ever come across their version of this topic whist you are trawling their sites?

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:18 am 

epdon wrote:
I wonder what other clubs think of the view from our side. Do you ever come across their version of this topic whist you are trawling their sites?

Only the once, but I can't remember which club's forum it was. There is the odd comment here and there referring to something they have read on our forum, but in general no-one else gives a damn what we think tbh! :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 4:24 pm 

epdon wrote:

As the founder of VFTOS, I can say without doubt I was a creative genius with the idea and it does not exist elsewhere.