THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:07 pm 

From Into the Valley forum...

Quote:
Milton Keynes is a soulless town full of roundabouts, concrete cows and that that accommodating young lady that I had holiday relations with in Ibiza in early 2000s.

The ground is actually quite good, but the football is not likely to be up to much especially as after Saturday our play off chances are over.

We could either destroy them 3-0 or carry on making everyone think we are a basket case club that won't be up to much next season.

Quote:
Well played Payne with that goal. A good three points but not really worth anything.

Quote:
Poor quality first half from both teams, but we were much improved in the second and deserved all three points.

Surprised that Mk Dons seemed so lethargic and didn't show any passion/effort to get out of the position they find themselves in.

Quote:
Anyone yarhooing that result needs to watch the game , we could have been 3-4 down !!

..and from Charlton Life...

Quote:
I hate watching us against MK Dons. But I’ll be watching us against MK Dons.

I have an absolute irrational hatred towards Dean Lewington.

Quote:
Isn’t it because he’s ginger though? I wouldn’t say it’s that irrational.

Quote:
looking at MK team there overloading the mid agsinst our 3 and are using wing backs .. which we seen before will put extra pressure on our full backs ..

Quote:
Nailed on tonight Leko will get the winning goal...

Quote:
At least we're in the lower tier tonight, and not the farcical situation of being in the upper tier above 5000 empty seats

Quote:
The players are out... Charlton in black and blue today in tribute to the beating they took on Saturday

Quote:
I wonder who thought having Karl Robinson on as a co-commentator was a good idea?

Quote:
I know he’s a bit shy, and lost for words sometimes…

Quote:
MK playing like they would be happy with a point, and we need to get a nice early goal to impose ourselves

Quote:
LOL!!... MK Commentators saying that it shouldnt be a free kick against Lewington on Clare - The ginger twat bloody ignores the ball, and just barges Sean into Bletchley

Quote:
21' Play is paused here - as was agreed pre-match - to allow MK Dons' Mo Eisa to break his fast.

Quote:
Is feasting on our defensive frailties not enough?

Quote:
Robbo saying like the challenge at Charlton of trying to motivate lazy and highly paid players…. Little’s changed Karl!

Quote:
Has the sound just cut out?

Quote:
Robbo pausing for breath to see him through to half time.

Quote:
Fuck me - I thought The Valley looked poor on TV for lots of empty seats - MK gets the Gold medal - terrible !!!

Quote:
The Valley is empty, because of the performances

Stadium:MK is empty, because its always empty - Absolute joke of a place, probably the worst supported League team in England, ignoring their history

Quote:
HT 0-0, should be ahead on chances created, but not happening, just need to wake up second half...MK are dire and need beating

Quote:
MK starting the second half better, we need to stay focused or this could end up not good..

Quote:
Wow! A Charlton goal!

Scored by the midget who I thought was lucky to get his place back in the First XI after his stupid red card the other week.

Quote:
Fraser cupping both ears to the away fans

Quote:
The attendance looks appalling. Place is basically empty.

Quote:
Another season like this one and that’s what the Valley will be like.

Quote:
MK gone to pieces here - they're exhausted and still 20 minutes to play.

Quote:
Jesus. What’s happened to MK Dons. They are making us look like Ipswich.

Quote:
MK are all over the place, and the crowd are revolting, we should kill this game off 3 or 4 on this so far, but we know we won't don't ya

Quote:
Blimey, with defending like this from the home side I hope the travelling contingent are singing "Are you Charlton in disguise?"

Bloody awful stuff from MK. A half-decent team would have put these clowns to bed by now.

Quote:
MK really should have hoofed it rather than trying to play it out during that last passage of play, as they kept putting themselves under all sorts of pressure.

Quote:
We should be at least 2 up. So many chances wasted in the last 10 minutes

Quote:
MK unbeaten in the last half a dozen games, can't see how on this evidence, they are terrible

Quote:
We are hanging on a bit now when we should be 3 or 4 up, why do we always do this...

Quote:
Good game that. And good character to bounce back from that pasting we shall never talk about again.

Quote:
Fairly turgid game, with one bit of quality for the goal.

God, what a soulless place to watch football every week if you’re an MK fan.

Quote:
Pretty dull affair. Played ok. MK Dons were appalling. Please never subject us to Robinson on the commentary ever again. Good finish from Payne. One good and one very good save from AMB. No one particularly stood out. Will never change my opinion of Stadium MK. Souless dump. Looked like there was about 3/4k in the ground max.

Quote:
We conceded 6 goals 3 days ago and have spent the last few weeks looking like we could concede from any attack. One clean sheet against a relegation threatened side later and suddenly we've got a good defence again. This fanbase is insane.

Quote:
Poor first half, the highlight being the finger tip save by AMB from Leko who was MK's only real bright spark. Dons came out pushing for a goal for 10 mins of the second half and then just melted away. It was weird, as if something had been put in their half time tea and it suddenly kicked in. Charlton played keep ball for a couple of minutes and then started carving out chances whilst MK just kept giving us the ball back to have another go. Then a couple of their players collapsed on the ground looking exhausted.

Quote:
MKD were our idealish opponents last night. A big wide pitch giving us loads of room to play football and didn't close us down. If they had stuck 11 men behind the ball and roughed us up, they may have nicked it.

Quote:
Scored one goal and desperately held on, again, at the end. All against a side that's been in the bottom 5 all season.

Poor touches, over hit passes, not a single decent set piece. The 3 points has really clouded some people's judgement

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:07 pm 

Can’t really argue with much of that, we were abysmal and looked knackered

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:14 pm 

Quote:
God, what a soulless place to watch football every week if you’re an MK fan

Yeah but you wouldn't believe how comfortable it is!!!!!

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 9:15 pm 

Alby39 wrote:

There's still a puncture hazard outside Charlton railway station after you dropped that four pack of Coronas after the game last season and legged it. Broken glass everywhere.

<seanbean>You stupid bastard.</seanbean>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:57 pm 

I'd rather have our stadium however (allegedly) 'souless' than most of the decrepit sh*tholes across the Leagues - uncomfortable, crumbling, difficult to get in and out of and living off minor past glories of matches that never amounted to anything significant.
Still you've got a real stadium eh lads.....? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:12 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

There's still a puncture hazard outside Charlton railway station after you dropped that four pack of Coronas after the game last season and legged it. Broken glass everywhere.

Don't complain. My state that night provided you with some of the best train pictures ever seen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:33 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Alby39 wrote:

Don't complain. My state that night provided you with some of the best train pictures ever seen.

For one ghastly moment I thought that was 'the best STRAIN pictures ever seen'; I thought....what anatomical sights might be on show? (shudder)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:57 pm 

Quote:

Pick of the quotes that. Football thrives on irrational hatred like that. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:04 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Quote:

Pick of the quotes that. Football thrives on irrational hatred like that. :lol:

Dean Lewington has represented two football clubs in his career. One of them is Charlton Athletic.