THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:22 pm 

Better late than never......
from DCFC fans forum:

Quote:
This should be an absolute rout. MK not interested. We could have been 4 up already.

Quote:
This first half has been a couple of good final passes away from an absolute battering.

Quote:
We need to put this to bed or we're going to be very, very, very annoyed come 17.00.

Quote:
Must have had 20 shots. Everyone seems to have been 18 yards out or more. We need some level headed clinical play in final third and this game would have been over by now.

Quote:
Winning every second ball. Such a nice change

Quote:
Only Derby make you feel this nervous when you’ve dominated a game to this degree. All I can see is a tactical change by MK Dons followed by us finding a way to throw this away.

Quote:
Really wish Knight would cut out the diving. Should be booked.

Quote:
So there it is, the sucker punch

Quote:
Poor defending here we go again throwing a win away to a piss poor side.

Quote:
MK Dons showing us what being clinical is.

Quote:
Yet another game where we played well in the first half and lost it in the second. Very disappointing. Even if we were lucky enough to get into the playoffs I doubt we could get any further. We should have won this one based on our domination in the first half. I want to believe we could still be in contention but it's becoming increasingly difficult. What a time to lose form. It's the Derby way, I guess. We should have won this at half time. Well done guys anyway. They seem to have put everything into it. What a shame.

Quote:
Could of killed the season that, so predictable that it was going to end 1-1 when we should of been 3/4-0 up, let Warne build and go again next season

Quote:
The set up was fine, we dominated the game and created chances, not really Warne's fault that our attack was so wastefully poor.

Quote:
Today was the right way for us to play with one key element missing, if we can keep replicating that in the remaining matches and find our shooting boots and a bit of guile there’s still a chance of the play offs, I do share the sentiment of others that even if we do make the play offs it may be too soon for this squad.

Quote:
I'm pissed off beyond measure. Unless a miracle happens, that's our season over. Especially as I see the same happening to other teams in the remaining games, we aren't clinical and love to let teams back into games, we've done it all season. Teams must LOVE it when we go 1 nil up because it means they're guaranteed a draw or even a win off the back of it.

I know it's not our fault because financially it's against us. I don't blame Warne, I just blame it on being a derby fan. Cursed for misery forever.

Quote:
we played well missed chances conceded a terrible goal all i need now is the mk dons manager to come on and say they deserved a point happy friggin easter

Quote:
Another masterclass in how not to hold onto a lead. Decisions go against you to go 2-0 up? Maybe regroup, keep your heads, make sure you don't slip up defensively and build up a head of steam again.

...or get angry, keep it open, lose your heads, defensive discipline, let in a s*** goal and then spend the match banging your head against a brick wall whilst the opposition defend for their lives / time waste.

Quote:
Blame the manager, tactics, the lineup, referee, time wasting, atmosphere and no chips in the East Stand, when you have 28 shots and score just 1 goal, either you have not been good enough or the keeper has had a worldy of a game.

The keeper didn't.

2 points thrown away.

Quote:
Utterly frustrated and disappointed. We had enough to be 3 or 4 nil up at half time. Frustrations about them rolling about like they had been shot, and poor officials are irrelevant if you can’t take your chances.

Quote:
What was worst today ?

1. Our finishing

2. Their play acting

3. The ref

Should have won it in the first half and been out of sight. Grumble about a 1000 things yet we made chances and didn’t bury them. Down to us on the pitch

Quote:
We can point at the ref if it makes people feel better but we were poor today, our shooting was appalling, crosses either hit the first man or sailed harmlessly over everyone's head and our passing at times was sloppy. For a portion of the game either side of half-time we were mundane, lacking in any buzz, happy to see the game pass by.

So who should we apportion the blame to for the dropping of two points today? The players, the management, a bit of both? while I like every other Derby fan wants to see us return to the Championship has quickly as possible. Do we need to be realistic and accept that while on paper we have a number of good players, we are what we are, an average league one team that has over achieved.

Quote:
I am still muttering to myself about their no 33 feigning injury for third time and rolling onto the pitch to do so and ref and linesman just let him. So disappointed we let 2 points go yesterday but all of the "gamesmanship" and decisions leave such a nasty taste after the game.

Quote:
We shouldn't have been at the stage where they wanted to time waste. If we'd kept a clean sheet - how dangerous were they, or if the cow's arse had been banjo-ed, then they'd have been in a hurry.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:09 pm 

Not one mention of Franchise, being unworthy, or the worst side they had played in 100 years, tin pot club, see you next season.
Your not famous anymore :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:14 pm 

:lol: Dry your eyes Derby boys, enjoy another season in league 1 :lol: