THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:25 pm 

From The Gasroom

Quote:
Franchise logo looks like one of those end of season trophies young players get just for showing up. Shame their fans and players haven't really shown up for them.

Quote:
Just saw MK’s army of teens walking past the Hour Glass. Seems fitting that their club must have a large sway towards fans born after 1998.

I wonder how many watched Green Street last night in preparation for their big day.

Quote:
Really poor start so far - outnumbered up front and second to every ball at the moment.

Quote:
Dreadful start, poor defending by the whole team, silly soft goal for franchise.

Their wide players are giving us a really hard time at the moment

Quote:
The way we are defending we are going to need to score at least 3 to win this.

Quote:
Don’t look like we can score one , let alone 2 to win the game. Certainly don’t look anything like playoff contenders.

Quote:
For me booing of Stewart is grim. Must be an age thing. He'll be up for every corner.

Quote:
Yep it seems strange. Aside from it being thoroughly lacking in class, all we’re doing is fuelling the fire for him.

Quote:
booing Stewart of all people, who was exceptional for us…jesus wept.

Quote:
Decent 45 after a very poor start. Passing it around nicely and winning plenty in the air.

The booing of Stewart is cringeworthy, but thankfully very half hearted from a few dozen (for the moment anyway)

Quote:
Without my glasses on the MK keeper looks naked.

Quote:
Whoever is chanting ‘Stewart, you’re a c**t’ is an absolute disgrace.

he doesn’t deserve that after his service.

Quote:
Every club has that vocal yet insignificant minority of idiots that go to games purely to pour grief on others.

Quote:
Only one team looking likely to win from 85 mins. Really poor end to the game, you could see the fresh legs of MK vs 10 knackered legs for us.

Two points dropped, ultimately an individual error that cost us today.

Quote:
It takes some talent to make MK look decent.

Quote:
Not the greatest of results or games. Hard to be too critical as without Vokes and McCleary we just don't have the experience and nous to look that effective going forwards.

Having said that, in between the two MK goals I though we were pretty much in total command (before the first we were scarily shambolic and after their second we were just dreadful).

Quote:
Not happy with the booing of AS I can’t see what he has done to deserve it . Having said that the franchise idiot’s repeated the Akinfenwa chant.

Quote:
We are missing Vokes and McCleary massively. Tjay not really taking his chance, and Hanlan not covering himself in glory. In my opinion, If Voke's played today we win

Quote:
Booing is one thing but abuse is another. Stewart, Stewart you're a c*** was a frequent and persistent chant from significant numbers on the terrace. I was not the only person that was upset/angry that someone that has been such an important part of our club was treated in such a disgraceful way.

Quote:
That’s very disappointing to hear. A bloke behind me keep bellowing “Judas” at Tools. I mean, how on earth can Anthony Stewart be labelled that.

Some of our supporters really are as thick as mince sometimes.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:30 pm 

Thanks for posting.

Didn't really hear any of the Wycombe fans yesterday, so couldn't comment on the Stewart chanting.

Football fans are fickle. We'd have probably done the same, not that I condone it or anything. Its not nice considering his achievements there, but I am sure he's not going to lose sleep over it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:02 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Thanks for posting.

Didn't really hear any of the Wycombe fans yesterday, so couldn't comment on the Stewart chanting.

Football fans are fickle. We'd have probably done the same, not that I condone it or anything. Its not nice considering his achievements there, but I am sure he's not going to lose sleep over it.

Not sure about that. Well ok SOME of us might but my recent recollection of past players playing against us is that they usually get a clap and a cheer (usually when substituted) -it may not be 'mega' but it's there. There must I suppose have been other times but the only def time I recall repeated booing was that one that got injured, got treated at our expense then b*ggered off to (was it?) Oxford.

Anyway, I'm pleased with a point and pleased it upset them. Playoffs? Ha! They are not the fantastic footballing beacon/example they delude themselves with being. Never will be.
See ya next year lads. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:43 pm 

BuckDon wrote:
Thanks for posting.

Some of our fans booed Sam Baldock of all people when he came on for Oxford against us in Feb. Braindead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:41 pm 

paul4040 wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Thanks for posting.

Some of our fans booed Sam Baldock of all people when he came on for Oxford against us in Feb. Braindead.

That was the one that sprung to mind.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:53 pm 

Talk about Sam Baldock did I hear right on 3cr after the game Saturday luke Ashmead said Sam was in the crowd at Wycombe, has he left Oxford.= free Agent?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:41 pm 

Mk Ron wrote:
Talk about Sam Baldock did I hear right on 3cr after the game Saturday luke Ashmead said Sam was in the crowd at Wycombe, has he left Oxford.= free Agent?

They said he was there acting as a scout.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:43 pm 

The Baldock one was braindead but its the exception that proves the rule. The only ex player over the years that has got absolute pelters has been Rob Hall for obvious reasons.

I don't think we even gave Wheeler a bad reception on previous encounters before Saturday despite scoring and celebrating (which for some reason bothers people) goals...

Keanu Marsh-Brown, at a push? Again for obvious reasons? We've had Drewe Broughton back on a few occasions who represented "them lot"....

I must say for a side who thoroughly claim not to give a shit about us, I can recall Easter and McCracken getting pelters when they beat us 3-2 in 2010... must be something in the water there

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 9:18 am 

Broughton deserves the world after getting us to Wembley

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 12:08 pm 

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Broughton deserves the world after getting us to Wembley

Nice guy. Still a donkey though. :lol: