THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:13 am 

Its always the clubs that are so vocal about boycotting that end up taking one of their largest away followings of the season.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:57 pm 

Usual sh*t about stolen club....
Yawn.
Also.....It always puzzles me where the ideal location for a ground 'should be'.

In the middle of beautiful open countryside with ample parking - but still lots of food and drink outlets etc? Yes there's plenty like that isn't there?
Now I don't go to many away games but....
Sixfields - If you don't like SMK then you'd hardly like it there
Adam's park - a proper ground (if you like a lengthy delay in getting in and out down the mule track)
Luton's ground - ah yes a proper.....sh*hole
On the one occasion I went to Stamford Bridge I found it hideously expensive, ghastly to get in and out of, trains rammed full of drunken tw*ts, really uncomfortable seating.

What do these people realistically expect?
F- 'em. You lost mate.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:24 pm 

In fairness, Ali, every ground has its quirks, upsides and downsides.

Wycombe - great ground in the lower leagues. Good away end, lovely part of the world, nice setup... shit parking and getting in&out.

Stamford Bridge - expensive, like all Prem clubs (and most clubs in London in general tbh) but easy to get to especially for us, old modern ground, tight squeeze for a better atmosphere and feels more like a proper ground with a modern twist than all newbuilds... but an arsehole to get in, and getting away from it especially midweek is a task.

Kenilworth Road - shithole... but they know it. Full of character, always a good atmosphere and iconic in its own right. Hostile, and grungy. But as many who'd argue watching football in stadium:MK is comfortable would argue that Kenny is for them, more comfortable.

Sixfields - Bit shit but not the worst. Plenty around the ground, good food venues, good bars, solid enough away end for a small club to take a sizeable number, and even if not, make a good noise. As a home fan a good view from the West Stand... but a mission to get to and from the station.

I can do one of these for our ground.

Stadium MK - Great view. Comfortable seats. Good facilities like toilets and bars. Easy transport links for anyone, direct from London, Birmingham, Manchester, Scotland even... Loads of parking. Restaurants around if thats your thing pre game... but fuck all else to do. Nowhere to drink so youve got an arsehole of a journey to navigate getting to a boozer, an absolute mission from the station despite the easy transport links, in a shithole of an area, takes ages to get out of and frankly, a soulless bowl that struggles to generate an atmosphere/banter from home fans to away fans. It's expensive and the away stewards are heavy handed.

If sitting in a soulless bowl in comfort where you're not interested in making noise, and want to watch a game is suited to you then stadium MK is your place. But for everything else, it absolutely isn't. I, as a football fan who likes a drink and a "day out" and isn't overly fussed about the state of x ground as long as the day is fun, Kenilworth Road, Sixfields, Wycombe, Stamford Bridge etc are way up my street. If I were an away fan coming to stadium MK I'd frankly be saying everything that every away fan seems to come here and say:
It's a shit away day experience.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit