The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:57 pm 

From CUFC Unofficial Forum

Quote:
I couldn't justify giving them a penny.

Quote:
Very good prices and a nice modern stadium. Nice and local too. Always look forward to this one.

Quote:
Is there a dislike button? Awful stadium with no atmosphere or charm, in a retail park in the middle of nowhere (the stadium was built and the club was stolen from its fans and moved 60 miles to enable the retail park rather than the other way around) and possibly the most “corporate” stadium in the country: lots of cheesy branding videos, entrance music, goal music
I’m still going though as it’s local to me and tickets are cheap

Quote:
Thought as far as larger modern stadiums go it was pretty decent myself. Horrible excuse for a club of course, but that's not the stadium's fault.

Quote:
I am not going to MK fucking hate the place soul less ground soul less city and we always get spanked there.

Quote:
It doesn’t matter how many you take to MK. The atmosphere is always shite as there are no home fans. Like a youth game.

Quote:
Stadium may look impressive from the outside (and from the seats) but they’ve certainly cheap skated elsewhere.

Quote:
This looks like a pre season game

Quote:
Not bad. Having most of the ball but it's quite a flat tempo. Mk are sitting surprisingly deep and happy for us to have it at the moment.

Both defences looking a little like they have an error in them.

Quote:
Lankester scores but Smith is given offside. Not convinced that he was interfering.

Quote:
Think that's a fair decision, blame on Smith there for me.

Quote:
Must have been given against Smith but that's a terrible decision.

Was only given after they complained.

Quote:
Took about 10 seconds to raise that flag. Beautiful bit of football ruined.

And now they've scored that, typical ffs.

Quote:
Great goal but never a FK

Quote:
Balls.

Up to the players now. They can sulk at the perceived injustice of it all and fade to a whimper, or they can use it to fuel a furious f*cking fire.

Get on with it, don't feel sorry for yourselves.

Quote:
By the laws of the game that wasn't offside. He didn't play the ball, prevent an opponent from playing the ball, or obstruct the view of the goalkeeper.

Between that and the numerous offsides MK are getting away with, repeated corners incorrectly given to them etc, it's hardly a surprise they're winning.

Don't know what you can do when the ref know's who he wants to win.

Quote:
Damn annoying that. The goal was never offside, not convinced that their player was fouled for the free kick they scored from either. Two of their players have blatantly dived in the box and the ref hasn't even talked to them.

If Smith stopped throwing himself to the floor, actually won a header every now and then and got into a position where he might get a shot away, maybe even scoring, he would be having a blinder.

Quote:
Bit of a drab first half but we have been well and truly robbed.

Ref and Lino are piss poor and no way should we be 1-0 down.

So frustrating but lack of quality from both sides so can see why we are both down the bottom.

Oh and their fans are crap too.

Quote:
This is the most biased piece of officiating I've seen in years. On top of everything already mentioned, the stopped a dangerous attack by us to give us a free kick, and gave a throw to mk when one of our players got wiped out.

Quote:
I don't think the keeper knows he's there until the shot is reaching him and at that point he seems startled, so just lets the ball go past him. It's a goal. And, alas, apparently not a goal.

Quote:
Can't even be annoyed at the referee being this much of the homer as he could give us 10 penalties and we would still conspire to lose.

Quote:
MK Dons the worst team I’ve seen this season, and we’re still losing… FFS

Quote:
Previously I thought we might be down...today I know we're down. Playing and looking like a relegated team. I'd love to say I'm looking forward to the squad rebuild and belief renewal next season but it all seems so far away.

Quote:
We may been robbed first half, but we’ve not been bothered second half and deserve nothing. Pathetic.

Quote:
No way we are staying up when we keep being beaten by crap teams.

Quote:
Sorry but what a crap performance in a game so big no real effort no passion players obviously not that bothered and obviously Bonner not getting anything out of them and his in game play is poor but because he is nice and is a Cambridge person we carrying on with him sorry but I expect nothing next season either.

Quote:
I hope he goes before it gets too toxic and he can be remembered for the massive accomplishments he achieved and the 2 superb seasons he was responsible for. Being nice is irrelevant.

Quote:
What an absolute disaster class of in game management.

We started well, their goal absolutely knocked us however Bonner failed the players massively with his decision making in the second half.

Taking off our most creative player (Lankester), quickest player (Tracey) and energetic/mobile midfielder (Mcgrandles) all in one go. Not even a change in shape!

Only for 10 mins later to take our best attacking outlet in recent games (Bennett) off but finally changing formation.

Quote:
If we do go down, I do hope MK come down with us. Nice stadium, plenty of parking and dining choices. And nice and local too. One day we might actually get a result there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:18 pm 

Thanks for this, glad someone managed to squeeze in, MK are the worst team we have played this season …how many is that now ?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:44 pm 

Chummy here ain't happy.
Nads to him.
Charge your glasses please and view -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI28F_QxDZY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:50 pm 

With that as my only data source, I conclude that 50% of their fans are decent, nice people. And 50% are bitter no-count knobheads. The tears of the latter 50% taste so sweet. 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:51 pm 

Thanks Oakee - lots of saltiness, very amusing

Particularly their view on the disallowed goal - from the other end of the ground - it was right in front of me and I still couldn't tell!

Love that the stadium seems the victim in all of this

Quote:
Thought as far as larger modern stadiums go it was pretty decent myself. Horrible excuse for a club of course, but that's not the stadium's fault.

Top work

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:14 pm 

Always makes me laugh when fans convince themselves that referees actively want a team to win. IE, MK Dons, yknow, the bastard darlings of football :lol:

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:45 pm 

I have to say, having watched their disallowed goal several times I've come to the conclusion they were hard done by.
However, the ref doesn't have the luxury of replays and I suspect the instant reaction of Cumming played a large part in his decision.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:24 pm 

Oakeedokee wrote:
I have to say, having watched their disallowed goal several times I've come to the conclusion they were hard done by.
However, the ref doesn't have the luxury of replays and I suspect the instant reaction of Cumming played a large part in his decision.

Interesting! I can see it from both points of view (like ya good self having watched it several times) but my view is it WAS a correct decision. WTF... We deserve some 'ROTG'.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:11 pm 

Quote:
Is there a dislike button? Awful stadium with no atmosphere or charm, in a retail park in the middle of nowhere (the stadium was built and the club was stolen from its fans and moved 60 miles to enable the retail park rather than the other way around) and possibly the most “corporate” stadium in the country: lots of cheesy branding videos, entrance music, goal music
I’m still going though as it’s local to me and tickets are cheap

Didn’t like anything, but still bought a ticket :lol: Thanks for your money

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:44 pm 

Quote:
Oh and their fans are crap too.

:lol: