THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 2:08 pm 

From One Vale Fan forum

Quote:
MK Dons probably the most important game left because if we win, as I reasonably expect, relegation is definitely not on the cards, lose and all kinds of what ifs will remain.

Quote:
Hope posters aren't expecting a easy win on Saturday.

That last minute equaliser tonight will have given them a big lift and they know they have already been too good for us once this season.

They have good players and tonight they had 67% possession and more shots on goal.

A defeat on Saturday is not inconceivable on present form.

Quote:
They were battered first half by sounds of it. We should win if we perform but crucial that we don’t underestimate them.

In the game at theirs they were arguably the worst side we’ve faced so far but we wasted a lot of chances that night and as usual switched off for a long ranger and a free kick.

Quote:
Aslong as they only shoot inside the box, we'll be fine.

Quote:
I went to MK Dons away. As usual the keeper let one in that should be saved from outside the box. The rest of the team were outplayed for most of the game making them look like Brazil. But we did manage goals against them and so it is possible to get at them even when we play rubbish.

Quote:
Christ this has been a tough watch so far. If we don’t beat these today I’ll really start to worry.

Quote:
Should have been a booking for Johnson, led with his arm straight in to Ellis’s face.

Quote:
We have been dominant all game, need to be ruthless now and bag another one or two. At the moment we are winning every 50-50 and second ball, keep that going.

Quote:
These are absolutely shocking.

We need 1 more to kill them off, however, we need to shoot to do that. SHOOOOOOOT.

Quote:
This is a poor game. These are easily the worst side we’ve played this season. You’ve got to think they’ll conjure up something at some point though, so need another whilst we’re on top.

Quote:
Worst side i have seen this season but you can only beat what’s in front of you. Completely dominant throughout the half, only negative for me is that it’s only 1-0. For all our good play we need to create more and shoot more. Still if that first half is anything to go by I expect us to win this comfortably

Quote:
get the next goal and then can start thinking about maybe running it up and reducing that negative GD. Won’t get a better chance than today.

Quote:
Yet in the reverse fixture they were very good. Playing without confidence. We need to keep at them and not let them get any rhythm.

Quote:
A lot of possession but we’ve created nowt as has been said already these are sh-te

Quote:
This club looks like it's in financial trouble and they've got a low wage side out to rebalance. We must beat them.

Quote:
You’ve got to say, their keeper has made two world class saves.

Quote:
Get in Vale. 3 points will do nicely.

Score line could have been more, but their goalie made some great saves.

Well done Vale.

Quote:
Good win, they were absolutely abysmal cant see them staying up on that showing

Quote:
Worst team at VP by a mile. Their captain was an embarrassment....rolling round all the time.

Ojo lucky not to be sent off... committed several fouls after being booked.

Quote:
While they weren't as bad as Accrington, we won't play a worse team all season.

Quote:
Atrocious game of football, they were one of the worst I’ve seen all season, offered absolutely nothing. We were also dreadful. If a team deserved to win it it was definitely us though. Take the 3 points and move on.

Quote:
We didn't play well but the opposition was so poor that we didn't really need to

Quote:
Just hoping we see the last of Franchise Utd and FGR, two artificial clubs if ever I saw two.

Quote:
Well that was an absolute <ovf censored>-fest of a game, they were comfortably the worst side I’ve seen for a good while. For a team with some decent names in there (Grigg, Maghoma, Eisa etc) they offered absolutely zip, although with it being Vale you could never feel entirely comfortable as we’re always likely to concede off a sloppy set-play or a 25+ yarder…Well that was an absolute <ovf censored>-fest of a game, they were comfortably the worst side I’ve seen for a good while. For a team with some decent names in there (Grigg, Maghoma, Eisa etc) they offered absolutely zip, although with it being Vale you could never feel entirely comfortable as we’re always likely to concede off a sloppy set-play or a 25+ yarder…

Nonetheless, the 3 points was an absolute must today, however they came about.

I don’t think the game was helped by another utterly bewildering refereeing performance. He let a blatant body check escape a yellow a couple of minutes in and the started dishing out some really soft ones, and did nothing about all the argy-bargy going on in the box on every corner/free kick near the box. I’m amazed that we finished with 11 to be honest.

Their goalie played very well, two unbelievable stops 2nd half off the only real chances we created plus quick off his line and good on crosses. I suppose that’s what you expect when you get one on loan from Chelsea rather than Oxford or Mansfield reserves, no disrespect.

Quote:
They should have been down to 10 men. Smith was assaulted.

Did enough to win. Wasn't pretty but 3 points is what matters.

Be nice to see them go down.

Quote:
Indeed he was, I've seen the Sky footage. The liner also got the wrong player when he spoke to the ref because the culprit was Zak Joules who had already been booked. He could get a retrospective ban for that.

Quote:
Just seen the still in social media. Stone wall red, imagine that will be retrospective ban as it wasn’t seen. Clear elbow to the face.

Overall decent win, dire opponent and expecting more from MK, they usually dominate possession but again we manage the surface better, and again we’ve won 1-0 in a game where the opponent has barely laid a glove, similar to Exeter, Lincoln, Charlton and Morecambe for example so it’s working for us at least.

Quote:
Originally I thought Smithy was elbowed in the face and that that may have been accidental. But no, that was a deliberate upper cut. We all know Smithy is a right wind up merchant. Good. That's allowed. Punching someone in the face is not.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:22 pm 

Thanks for this, again very telling we are described as the worst team they have seen this season.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:44 pm 

Cheers oakee

Yet another damming report of our efforts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:45 am 

Quote:
They should have been down to 10 men. Smith was assaulted.

Quote:
the culprit was Zak Joules who had already been booked.

I don't know, it didn't look like there was much force in it to me...