THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:02 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:36 pm 

From Vital Lincoln forum- 100% Imps

Quote:
Could this be the match where we lose our unbeaten home record?
M Keynes have a decent away record having won six times. Only four teams in our league have bettered it.

Quote:
Just noticed that MK have conceded 10 in their last two away games. 0-0, then.

Quote:
Good to see the pitch being watered

Quote:
Pick that one out! Fantastic effort. GET IN.

Quote:
Another sideways and backwards team at Sincil Bank, tough for the paying fans to watch.

Quote:
Yet another game where we have a had a team with fragile confidence on the ropes and not put them to the sword, get a second before half time and that's the job 90% done

Quote:
That was a strange half. I don’t think I’ve seen a team have so much possession without mounting a serious attack. I guess we’re happy to let them have the ball but doesn’t make for an entertaining watch

Quote:
MK Dons: possession 71%, Shots 0, on target 0.
Basically us last season

Quote:
MK have worn out the pitch near the centre circle

Quote:
They don't look much like a team out of gas in the last 10 either

Quote:
There we are - the inevitable

Quote:
Lincoln dickheads

Quote:
Imps leaving in droves

Quote:
How many FFFFFin times are we going to give away a winning position to a single goal!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Bolton
Ipswich
Derby
FGR
MK

All drawn from winning positions. Just the ten points dropped. And I only went back to the 30th December.

Lack of experience in the side preventing us from holding on to leads?

Quote:
How predictable. How have we not figured out how to beat these teams yet? Quite a few boos.

Quote:
They have been better for 85 minutes

Quote:
We all new what was coming lads our inability to get that 2nd goal is proving incredibly costly at least that is 8 games unbeaten we should be lumping on the draw every home game.

Quote:
Never going to win by sitting back and letting the other team have 70% possession, when will they learn. Still ive no doubt Mark Kennedy will be happy with the result.....still unbeaten at home.

Quote:
What on earth were Lincoln doing, allowing the side third from bottom to have the ball for most of the game? They were terrible in the first half, the worst side I have seen this season, yet we still couldn't beat them. Even the worst sides will eventually create an opportunity if they have the ball for long enough. The game was played at walking pace and we did nothing to change it. Against a side notorious for running out of steam after an hour, that is ridiculous.

Quote:
617 v 288 passes in their favour.

Quote:
That is two really poor performances in a row against teams near the bottom. We have only picked up two draws because of two excellent goals. Otherwise it would have been two defeats.

Apart from those two goals, the opposition keepers in both games did not have a shot to save.

Its only because we have some excellent central defenders on our books backed by a superb goalkeeper that we are not in the bottom four by now.

Quote:
Why do we do this to ourselves? We go one ahead against a bloody awful side for the second match in a row and just disappear from the match. Another unacceptable result.

Quote:
Christ that was nearly as bad as the away game at their place a month or so ago. We really are a boring negative team to watch with entertainment limited to say the least. MK will put a positive spin on that yet again but he’s getting more bleeding annoying with every bullsh*t interview he gives. Stop being so back foot negative and defensive you boring, predictable snowflake.

Quote:
The possession stats are absolute bullshit.
They may have had the ball that amount of time but at least 90% of it was in their own third and around the halfway line. They never troubled our 18 yard box never mind our keeper in the fist half.

Second half they were better and had some decent technical players but my god we should have put the game to bed way before their equaliser.
In summary, great start and brilliant goal.
Not a lot more happened first half apart from seeing if MK could break the world record for most sideways and backwards passes in 45 minutes of football of which I'm sure they were pretty dam close.

Second half they had a bit more intent and we had enough attacks that should of seen them off.

Quote:
We have an excellent goalkeeper and some excellent defenders. But I don't care how good they are. If you allow the opposition ,even one as poor as MK Don's, nearly 70% of the possession they will eventually create some chances. It was obvious about ten mins into the second half that we had decided to sit back and hold the one nil. These tactics baffle me against poor teams like this. Every one in the ground was expecting them to equalise. I fully realise we have a pathetically physically weak forward line that kept giving possession back to MK Don's and this doesn't help.

Quote:
They were awful. One of the worst this season in the away end. Small in numbers and barely even supporting their team. Plastic club with crap fans. Is there anything worse than this ...

Quote:
They only brought 333 when challenging for the play-offs. Say no more.

Quote:
The first half was the epitome of tedium where we were out bored by the opposition. No idea why they played like that when they desperately need wins, they were losing and they proved in the second half with the help of the substitutes they had some threat.

Quote:
we let MK play around with the ball for the majority of the rest of the game believing that their tactics of getting a 75% possession award when 95% of that is within 30 yards of their own goal wouldn't get them anything. Well that idea leaves you wide open to the kind of sucker punch late equaliser that we saw tonight where a looped hook from a leg can end up going in. Frustrating just doesn't cover it.

Quote:
I wouldn't say it's true that they never looked like scoring. They had one cleared off the line, Rushworth made a great reaction save and they had a free kick which went about an inch over the bar.

Quote:
I agree second half it could have been 3:3

Quote:
we have the Geoffrey Boycott style of football at the moment.

the only thing i would say is that MK Dons are worse - BBC Lincs summed it up well from an attacking freekick they have managed to work it back to their goalkeeper.

It was like watching two boxes trying to avoid punching each other for 12 rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:22 pm 

Thanks Oakee - great stuff as always

:lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:56 am 

Disagree with the comments regarding their defense. I thought their back-line was appauling, somewhat akin to the rest of their team, rubbish.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:47 am 

What's happened to Lincoln? Barely any Hating on the Franchise stuff! Christ, if even they stop hating us, we really will have lost our USP!

Time to steal another club!! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 pm 

It seems I have been made redundant.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:35 pm 

Scum. wrote:

There's a lot of it about.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:39 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Scum. wrote:

The goal.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:52 pm 

Scum. wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Scum. wrote:

The goal.

Welcome home

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:57 pm 

Quote:
They were awful. One of the worst this season in the away end. Small in numbers and barely even supporting their team. Plastic club with crap fans. Is there anything worse than this ...

Supporting Lincoln?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:27 pm 

Scum. wrote:

The thread that never died. It just moved 50 miles up the road.