THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:21 pm 

47 pages later on the Owltalk matchday thread and this is all there is to show for it......

Quote:
I know the lad who posts on here comes across as a thoroughly sound lad… but I can’t stand Franchise FC, hope we absolutely batter them and they eventually go out of business

Quote:
They employ these things called Humans who have family's to support. Let's not see them go out of business.

Quote:
There was probably a time c 150 years ago when Sheffield cricket fans felt the same about a certain new football club in town being given their name and eventually eclipsing them.

Not condoning it but it's 20 years ago now and why should a whole generation of new fans suffer for the actions of a rogue owner?

Quote:
Just doesn’t sit right with me, never has done. Comparing our beginnings to what happened to Wimbledon is a false equivalence… we didn’t get moved 50 miles out of Sheffield back in the 1860s, we just played a different sport during the winter which became more popular. A football club is a huge part of a local community and our culture, it’s not just a business which a millionaire owner can pick up and move somewhere else because it’ll be more profitable for them. It never should’ve been allowed to happen and I hope it never happens again. As you say, it’s 20 years ago now and there’s nowt anyone can do about it, but I do enjoy it when we beat them and the only time I’ll ever want them to win a game is if they’re playing the pigs

Quote:
Blimey, you wouldn’t have wanted to arrive late for this one would you..

Quote:
Great response from the lads. We will win this comfortably

Quote:
Who are these north stand dickheads who are throwing objects?

Going to get us in serious trouble soon

Quote:
Stop chuckin stuff on the pitch ya fukkin idiots

Quote:
MK Dons defence are absolutely dismal.

Quote:
Should never have made those changes Moore. That defending was embarrassing

Quote:
Pacey strikers, although we can t complain overall it’s just what were missing as an option

Quote:
Defence getting bossed by one of the worst teams in the league.

Quote:
Ridiculous. Mk look like 11 people doing community service. How are we losing to them

Quote:
Keep calm. We'll hammer this lot.

Quote:
Everyone (Commentators, podcasters, journalists etc) acting like we had won this before we played it this week. Looks like Moore and the team were thinking the same.

Need a big rethink at half time. The defence needs to changed big time.

Quote:
We'll be lucky to win this one 6-2 today.

Quote:
They will just shut up shop if they are leading at half time. Need to get back in to this.

Quote:
If Moore has any decency and self respect he'll resign at half time.

Quote:
playing well tbf, one awful piece of defending the difference at the moment but we're massively on top

Quote:
MK Dons have come with a plan....to defend and counterattack with the 2 pacy forwards. Fair play to them it has worked.

Quote:
Weird half. Genuinely struggling to comprehend that we're actually behind as we've been that much better than them. Soft as shít defensively... they haven't had to work hard for the goals at all.

Quote:
MKs shîthousing worse than Wycombe at the moment. Hope it bites them in the arris.

Quote:
These Dons are a horrible set of flappers

Quote:
can't tell if Leko's a genuinely good player or the only non-plop in a plop side

Quote:
MK losing their shît about the goal. Can’t see what they are beefing about

Quote:
For a team that is objectively crap, they can't half pass it about - or is that just against us?

Quote:
tbf I think it's just their defence that's useless, up top they're a threat all game

Quote:
Just for an extra laugh we are now 39 pts clear of this lot

Quote:
Superb. Didn't panic and ran out comfortable and well deserved winners.

Good game all in all and credit to the referee. Nice to see a competent official who put in a good performance, using common sense today.

Top of the league, fantastic day.

Quote:
Even when one nil down and two one down, I never felt we would not score more and win. A few seasons back that wouldn't have happened. I felt quite relaxed. And this was a game that we had to win, considering the teams around us were playing poorer teams too.

Quote:
What an afternoon!

Never concerned at half time, we were so much better. A great shot and a moment of weak defending gave them a lead that was never going to stick.

The 'house of B Lane' stuff started as soon as the 2nd half got underway. They dropped liked league one flies again all over the pitch. After 3-2 they were all miraculously healed and all MK players could stand and run for the remainder of the match. Seemed an almost biblical physical recovery.

I loved how at 5-2 the players were still looking for more, like they were really enjoying being out there playing football. It's great to see.

Fantastic job Darren Moore and all the lads!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:54 pm 

Early in the game: "If Moore has any decency and self respect he'll resign at half time"

Post match: "Fantastic job Darren Moore"

Other observations:
1. Good to see some Old-Time Franchise hatred. We don't get enough of that any more.
2. Some decent human beings amongst the fanbase too. Who'd have thunk it?
3. Well founded confidence that they would come back from being behind. The Champeenship beckons them...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:08 pm 

Thanks Oakee- loved this one:
Quote:
MKs shîthousing worse than Wycombe at the moment. Hope it bites them in the arris.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:35 pm 

Cheers oakee, bit of a mixed bag there, don’t know why someone was calling for Moore to resign, they’re top of the bloody league :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:33 pm 

"11 people doing community service" is a great line - I assume the community service is gardening or something with our shitty dirty kits this season.