THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:51 pm 

Over on Yellows Forum there are 9 pages of pre match build-up comments and 33 pages of match day thread comments :shock:
Compare that to the paltry 3 pages of matchday comments on TCR.....

Quote:
We get an 8000 attendance v MK Dons at home the place will be silent whatever the result...
We take 1500 - 1600 to MK Dons on Saturday and get the win as our performance merited v Shrewsbury we will be rocking.
Believe me, I am in the KR must leave camp however the players on the pitch need our support.....
We will win at Stadium MK, we just need as many yellows there as we can to lift the team and get us over the line....

Quote:
It’s February the Robinson good run isn’t coming, we have been shite for 40 games now, the sooner the last remaining fans who have some bizarre belief in the man in charge realise how badly he has fucked yo the sooner we can move on from a man who has built a team/squad that is useless in both boxes.

Quote:
One of the easiest games for me to get to all season.

Not going, I'm not implying any support for the regime or the manager at this circus of a football club at the moment.

Hope anyone that goes voices their discontent. Win lose or draw, always #robboout.

Quote:
But if we're going to end up losing, I reckon strategically it would be better to be 3-0 down at halftime. Then the away fans can have a 45 minute sing song for KR's head - invoke the spirit of Orient 2001. Because it's starting to look like it's going to require something like that to wake the Board up and force their hand. The terrible results and shoddy transfer windows, in isolation, don't seem to be doing it.......

Quote:
Their manager has only been in the job since Christmas. They clearly didn’t want him back when they had the chance.

Shame.

Quote:
It’s like they know that his drama isn’t worth dealing with… KR will be lucky to get another decent job in football. People talk & his name won’t be thought of so highly once he leaves us. That’s why he’s clinging in with everything he’s got & comes out with utter waffle every week that the two stooges seem to lap up.

Quote:
Sad that we need at least another loss for the club to move forward, isn’t it?

Quote:
MK have the worst home record in the league:

P15 W2 D3 L10 F10 A23 Pts9

1-0 home win then.

Quote:
Splitting up the away section again, franchise bastards.

Quote:
MK Dons away?
I would rather defecate
In my hands and clap

Quote:
Why limit yourself?
Enjoy both at the same time.
Dirty 'Karl Out' protest.

Quote:
Come Saturday evening I‘ll be delighted that we’ve secured 3 precious points towards our league 1 survival, despite knowing that it means Robinson is here for a little while longer.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

Quote:
Judgement day for KR - if he loses this then he will definitely be here next week

This is the most winnable fixture in the entire league right now - I think MK have only won twice at home this entire season and have lost 10.

Even a draw isn't good enough so if we can't win this lot then we are in deep trouble for the remainder under this manager.

Quote:
5 loanees in that team!

All out attack, last chance saloon.

Quote:
It's a very attacking team. Goodness knows how many we concede. We'll definitely have to remember how to score.

Quote:
Bloody hell! s**t or bust for KR this afternoon - I wonder if he’s been told it’s win or else?!

Quote:
Bloody hell that's attacking! If we can't score today we'll never score

Guaranteed to either be 3-3 or 0-0, nothing in between.

Quote:
Wow this a s**t or bust side, hope MK are crap coming forward or that’s a huge risk. Looks like 11 players selected without much of a game plan. With all MK’s injuries and the fact they aren’t much good it might just work, but if not, then surely that’s it for KR?

Quote:
Fancy dress day in MK by the look of it, lots of fans have come dressed as plastic seats.

Quote:
We are a liability at the back. Jeez.

Quote:
If the ball starts running for them in the final third we could be in for a shoeing here.

Quote:
Absolutely nobody making their mark in midfield, MK one pass, turn unchecked and attack every time.

Quote:
They look far more dangerous. Our usual possession football but nothing really threatening!

Quote:
f**k me. We are shite.

Quote:
KR out. Crap defence, poor midfield and an ineffective attack. Apart from that, we are OK.

Quote:
Shameful performance.
KR
OUT
NOW

Quote:
Our fans very quiet

Quote:
KR’s career in the football is on the line here, not just his role as manager for us.

MK won’t need anything other than that goal, I feel.

Quote:
This is a shambles. How can anyone watch this first 30 minutes and conclude Robinson is still the man to lead this bunch of unfit, one-paced misfits.

Quote:
This is truly awful - hope our CEO is there.

Quote:
Looking forward to hearing from the manager - all about how we dominated them, xG says we won 38-0 and we’ve got plenty of clarity now…

Quote:
What a poor goal to concede, and could have conceded others yet for MK’s poor finishing/final pass.

Quote:
The players on the pitch for us are simply not as bad as the level they’re playing at. It’s not even just a question of tactics and set up, I don’t know how you can look at that and say they’re playing for the manager. We should be three or four down against a side that has lost 10 of their 15 games at home this year. It’s terrible.

Quote:
Horrendous, it’s comical how tactically inept we have been set up. Is this guy seriously paid to ‘manage’ a team? I wouldn’t trust him to run an under 6 team on a Sunday.

I haven’t for a few weeks now and will not be returning to my season ticket seat until he’s gone. Zero interest, makes me very sad.

Quote:
And for those that wanted 3 at the back, this is what we’re like, f*****g shite. We’re being opened up so easily on our left it’s a joke. Get back to 4

Quote:
But the 3 at the back should all have been defenders, not one defender and 2 wingback.

Quote:
Honestly he HAS to go. so so bad.

Quote:
I think you could say they’ve played for him in recent games, but they don’t seem to be today. MK are really poor, and they’re making us look worse.

Quote:
The only good thing you can say is that MK’s profligacy keeps it at 1-0 and we have a chance to nick something completely undeserved in the second half. Dons should’ve been out of sight.

Quote:
We have supreme ability to make any dog shite team look quality at the moment. Another side at the bottom end made to look quality. Robinson out - now - I don’t want to see him in the that f*****g rabbit hutch on Tuesday. Plymouth will rip us a new one

Quote:
Murphy off at half time. So that's money well spent then. See you for a cameo next month Josh?

Quote:
How many times is Leko going to diddle our players with that outside flick and turn? It's so telegraphed it's embarrassing.

Quote:
After three subs, we're probably almost where we should have been with the starting line-up.

Quote:
We'll equalise here and everything will be brushed under the carpet, feel free to bookmark.

Quote:
Who will KR blame this time?
A) Ref
B) Luck
C) Conditions
D) Injuries

Quote:
4 sided ground not used to it

Quote:
Starring to think this 1 MK goal is enough to see us off... How depressingly predictable

Quote:
If we get something out of this it's through sheer luck. They should be out of sight, absolutely pathetic performance.

Quote:
Goall

1-1 wow

Quote:
Thank God we have Bate!
Keeper will be disappointed there I feel.

Quote:
Not sheer luck after all, a sublime piece of brilliance from Bate! And a superb tackle from Goodhram just before that. They're wobbling now, time to show up lads.

Quote:
Robinson's January signings have really changed us for the better. Ahem.

Quote:
MK Dons are pish.

Finish them.

Quote:
A terrible performance, but thanks to a superb goal from Bate we’ve got ourselves a point.

Quote:
Still can't believe people are so down on Murphy. I mean he was the game changer today.

Soon as he went off, we were much better. GAME CHANGER. Credit to the lad.

Quote:
Baldock sub was a joke, he came on and didn't move, clearly not ready to play.

Lewis Bate rescued a point from a game where we could have been 4-0 down a half time.

Second half was better but still impotent, Robinson seems to have absolutely no ideas and just throws players about into any position in the hope something might work.

Time for a change, those players do not look like a cohesive unit.

Quote:
Better second half relative to the first, but my, how far we have fallen to be grateful for a draw against another very poor side. This league is nothing like last year's, and yet still we are struggling. Says so much; Robinson has to go.

Quote:
Draw probably a fair result

Should have been 2/3 down at half time and that was a hopeless set up by KR

Better second half and again we could have snuck a win but really wouldn’t have deserved it

Quote:
Poor selection from Robinson yet again to start with. To be honest MK should have finished us off and Robinson by half time.

Quote:
A top 6 budget and yet Robinson has absolutely no idea what his best starting XI is.
His team selection has been all over the place this season, just like his summer recruitment, lazy and chaotic.

Quote:
Drawing against MK Dons is in no way a good result. Robinson can’t pick a coherent team, and we can’t win games.

It’s weird that he’s talking like he’s just taken over, team in transition, needs to be given time, trust the process. He’s been here for years!

Just accept it’s time to go. All clubs need a a change of manager at some point, refresh things, change the message up. It’s painfully obvious that time is now.

Quote:
It’s pretty obvious to me that because of the ludicrous contract given to KR by Tiger, the Board don’t want to part with between £400/500 k to get rid of him.
So if they give him to the end of the season they are going to hope he goes for another job or by that time it won’t cost so much to get rid.
I think they hoped we would just finish mid table with no great drama but now they must be sweating because they may be forced to sack him if we lose the next two

Quote:
First half really atrocious. We had our moments but MK are a poor side and should have been 3 or 4 ahead, incredibly wasteful. Even after the half time change of shape, they should have got the second that would have wrapped it up but for that Easty save.

Game changed in our favour really when TG and Wildschutt came on. Big performances from those two.

Quote:
Atrocious first half. Should’ve been at least two down by the break, easily.

Average first half of the second half, but again, MK really should’ve scored to end the contest. Fairly decent second half of the second half, and a good strike from Bate, but we deserved absolutely nothing over the course of the game. If there is anybody who genuinely thinks we haven’t nicked a point that we had no right obtaining overall, I’ve got some magic beans you’re going to love.

To play that way, against such a poor looking team with the worst home record in the entire division, is embarrassing. How that man is still in a job is beyond me at this stage. And as for the bizarre talk of being in transition… he really is just trolling people now.

Quote:
Queuing for a beer at half time and there were people still arguing FOR Robinson. What the f**k are these people on?? Can I have some.

We’ve just fortunately, drawn with the worst performing joke team in the league, off the back of four straight defeats and a calendar year of dross.

Get that w****r out of our football club now. I’m done. DONE until he goes.

Quote:
I just watched Robinson's interview. Yes, we may have been the better team in the 2nd half, as MK folded (showed how bad they were), but he neglects to point out that they could have been three nil up at half-time! We were lucky to have dug out a draw, thanks to a sensational goal from Bate, and as we did at Fleetwood, we finished the stronger of the two. But over the 90 minutes (like Fleetwood), they looked like the better team, and that isn't a compliment to them, more a reflection of how poor we were/are.

Quote:
A first half of Sunday league football. The last 25 mins was watchable, a below average Oxford keeping out an awful MKD. How anyone could think it changes anything is baffling
It actually reinforces how quickly things need to change.
We couldnt defend and MKD could have had a couple more goals.
The hardest thing to take is that they have one of the poorest home records inn the league, and you could see why. Yet we couldnt capitalise on it.

Quote:
There were some right knobs there yesterday, baiting the stewards from the minute they got in the ground then wondering why they reacted

Quote:
First half was absolutely gutless. I couldn’t believe how poor we were after 4 defeats, the lack of true organisation and fight was painful. MK Dons were absolutely hopeless themselves and you can see why they’re down there. Their support pathetic as ever. Few could’ve argued if we’d have been 3 down at half time but we weren’t and that’s their own fault.

2nd half we grew in to things. The subs were good ones from KR, albeit undoing his own poor starting selection. 2nd half we were the better side but I’m not under any illusions - we were dreadful for 70 mins and only in the last 20 minutes did we start to look like a dangerous league one side and I do agree with Karl, having got back in to it and so on top, we should’ve won. But we didn’t and gave ourselves far too much to do, again.
Special mentions for some of our own idiot fans. Don’t know the back story but to see one punch another was embarrassing, particularly looking at the age gap between them. Gone are the days you can just go and watch the game without little teenagers making trouble. I’m no dinosaur but going along to games looking for reactions from security is pathetic. Talking from experience, maybe one day they’ll keep you safe and you’ll realise why they’re there. Hint; it’s not to take your abuse.

Quote:
Downsides, the group of supporters(?) who seemed determined to irritate the stewards and, later, the attending police. Their rather dour collection of songs lamenting the loss of the ball etc was just that, dour. Letting off 2, or was it 3 smoke bombs brought yet more police and stewards into the fray. One lad was quite blatantly waving one around as though he really wanted to be ejected. Do they not know the consequences of such actions? The lad who got dragged out (and punched) was seen dodging the stewards by jumping over seats etc and causing some mayhem amongst other supporters, I have no idea why he got punched but I'm guessing that some provocation was involved.
Oh yes, another downside, listening to KR on Radox on the drive home. The man is fully unhinged, deranged and must go.

Quote:
I was sat at the back in the disabled seats behind where the trouble was and moved further along once it kicked off. It was one section which were crammed in refusing to move. police then came to assist the stewards, by all accounts that section had recently been banned from Banbury after a dust up with Hereford fans and were known trouble makers. One adult punched a young lad going back down the steps at halftime. and was arrested. Not Oxford fans in any shape or form. IF you were one of them reading this, Stay Away. We dont want you.

Quote:
We were a section away from it and could see a core group of fresh-faced teens standing on seats thinking they were ‘the nuts’ which security tried to break up. At the time it looked like an overreaction from security but as things unfolded they were proven absolutely right to think they were troublemakers.

Cringey but we were all that young once, I suppose! Just a shame to see it turn nasty and for a middle aged bloke to punch a teenager as though that would teach him a lesson rather epitomised the leadership at OUFC these days!!!

Anyway… a most welcome point and at least a few positives. I actually thoroughly enjoyed the second half as a spectacle!

Last edited by Oakeedokee on Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:41 pm 

Wow - thanks Oakee!

I'm guessing there was plenty of Gaviscon needed in Oxford last night

:lol:

Poor old Karl, that's horrible - things sound pretty toxic over at the three sides stadium, I genuinely feel for him

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:17 pm 

I'm feeling much better at the draw now!
Always liked KR. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:26 pm 

Cheers Oakee, appreciate the efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:13 pm 

Cheers oakee

Always a good read these!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:22 pm 

All you KR fan-boys: read and digest. He's a busted flush. Keep your cherished memories by all means but never say you'd have him back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:02 am 

keyser soze wrote:
All you KR fan-boys: read and digest. He's a busted flush. Keep your cherished memories by all means but never say you'd have him back.

Pretty much every Manager ends up in this situation and gets sacked. Karl’s had spells of six years with us and five (so far) with Oxford. They are both long spells in football Manager terms.

I’m not pushing for a Karl return. As you say, cherish the memory.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:04 am 

keyser soze wrote:

Pretty much every Manager ends up in this situation and gets sacked. Karl’s had spells of six years with us and five (so far) with Oxford. They are both long spells in football Manager terms.

I’m not pushing for a Karl return. As you say, cherish the memory.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:15 am 

They have a 629 page thread on Robbo Out started in November 2020. Yes 629 pages. :shock: It was never that bad here, even at the end.