THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:03 pm 

Sorry OldFarmDons, I don't do Twitter....but here is what they are saying on GasChat forum

Quote:
The franchise boys are getting it good and proper today.

Quote:
Bouncing back after a poor fortnight on the road.

Gas 3-0 Plastic Franchise

Quote:
The MK Dons deadline day signings of Sullay Kaikai, Max Dean, Paris Maghoma and Jonathan Leko should make this a much tougher proposition. Hopefully we can bounce back positively from the woeful Morecambe display.

Quote:
4-0 against plastic unfantastic.

Quote:
Blimey, I didn't realise Leko was there. If I am thinking of the right player I saw him play 5-6 years ago for WBA? when I went with a mate as a neutral and I thought he was outstanding and was going to be a real star.

Quote:
The same player. Still only 23 and on a permanent deal there, if they can get the best out of him he could be a real star at this level.

Quote:
A draw if we are lucky, sorry - hope that I am just being over pessimistic, but the last 2 games

Quote:
Another keeper who has no clue on penalties…

Gordon at fault there … way too much room yet again.

So the relegation battle begins !

Quote:
Another bunch ofv timewasting t w a t s

Quote:
MK Dons are 20th, but with their recent additions and on the evidence of today look a better side than us.

Quote:
So did Accrington and Morecambe …

We are absolutely in a relegation scrap

Quote:
This is crap. Their goalie has had absolutely nothing to do

Quote:
This is going to kick off in a minute … our guys are getting very niggly

Quote:
teams seem to have figured out the way we play
so pack their defence knowing we're not good enough
to break them down!

Quote:
MK Dons are happy for us to pass it across the backline all game, it creates no threat at all. In fact in this game it is only a matter of time before that back line makes an error to afford MK a chance.
Secondly, we have one of the best attacks on the league so why on earth do we try to avoid bringing them into the game. The defence to given too much of a dominant role to try and create build up play .. it does not work with the players we have.

Quote:
We’re a shadow of last seasons side. It’s actually sad to watch.

Coutts has no energy, Connolly can’t distribute the ball properly. Strikers out of the game. A good 5/6 players underperforming.

Hope Barton is tearing into them at half time, that was as dire as anything I’ve seen at Rovers.

Quote:
HT: awful football being played by us today.

I don't think we know what our plan for the game is. Passing it around the back with no players in MK Dons half.
Too predictable

Hopefully Barton can sort this out, as the atmosphere in the ground needs a lift. So quiet .

Quote:
We are so easy to play against. Not using the width and passing backwards and sideways again until they lose possession. Worrying this is..

Quote:
This does not resemble, in any way, the team prior to the xmas, we are looking lost, without direction and it just feels like something is dreadfully wrong. I hope to be proved wrong but this is so poor that if we carry on like this, i fear a relegation dogfight and cannot see us winning a game. Has JB lost the players ? I just don’t get it

Quote:
Another referee being sucked in by timewasters.

Quote:
Morecambe losing 5-0 at Derby... Just saying.

Quote:
I dread to think of playing the likes of Derby, when we are “playing” the way we are. I just do not get why we have seemed to switch off. This will be a huge meltdown of we do not at least equalise and we do not look like getting close

Quote:
83 minutes and not even a shot on target against the team 20th. Pathetic.

Quote:
This is so bad.

Please no injury time

Quote:
Three defeats on the trot against teams at the bottom. Not acceptable. We are in deep, deep trouble. Can't see where any points are going to come from. Shocking.

Quote:
It’s concerning that a team that beats us easily 5-1 has lost a combined 9-0 the game before and after

Quote:
Horrible performance against a horrible football club not helped by yet another horrible ref who blows up for everything against us and nothing in our favour.

Quote:
"IMPORTANT: The kick-off time for today's match has been delayed to allow ALL of the MK Dons fans in to the... oh no, hang on. 3pm kick-off as normal."
What possessed Rovers admin to Tweet that anyway?

Quote:
Yesterday we were lecturing them about being professional, then we go and tweet a silly/immature post like that. Bizarre. Whoever runs the social media accounts needs talking to.

Quote:
Whoever controls our twitter account has been an embarrassment for ages.

Quote:
Dreadful. We're getting progressively worse. Accrington was really poor, Morecambe a shambles but I think today was even more depressing.

At home against a very poor MK side we didn't manage a shot on target until a 30 yard strike from Finley in the 90th minute.

We've gone from a team who looked like scoring 2+ in almost every game, to a team that will struggle to score another 2 goals this season.

We're now a team that not only looks like conceding 2, 3, 4 every game but now also fails to create any chances or shots on goal.

Right now I'm struggling to see how we'll get to 40 points. 52 points looks a LONG way away.

Quote:
Just got back...We've been well and truly sussed..

These were all talking points.
Briefly....

Our headless chicken play in possession with no structure and relying on second half improved performance is wearing and taxing on the average GasHead.
This is supported by the lack of atmosphere after the 16th minute, when, very rarely, we heard the Mem in full voice until second half where we bothered their Keeper once - a Finley speculation from 25 yards - a regulation standard catch into the belly from someone cumming.
Kicking off 1970s handbag style in Tent End....well done us again. In the interest of trying to extract the last £ for paying GasHeads, reducing season ticket seats for that area has encouraged any old hooligan to chuck things at away fans! Or young, apparently...
Their number 12....I thought m o m. And their number 42.... amazing continuing to play with a broken leg!!! I mean, you don't see that sort of bravery every day? An athlete, a true wizard of fitness...

So...onto the next match.
"I'm just glad we've got 37 points" someone said to me. Hmmmmmm teams have been relegated on more!

Don't press panic just yet, but...

Quote:
Just on the kicking off bit pretty inaccurate really. The MK fans threw something at us the majority of which were mums and dads with little kids or over 60s and one young lad threw it back. About 8 or 9 MK fans then tried to have a go crossing the covered seats and I've honestly never felt less intimidated by this kind of thing at a football match. South stand is a popular choice for families who want to sit so placing away fans next door probably more the problem - especially when they are jumped up kids bravely taking on a sparsely populated family stand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:49 pm 

Thanks! Love this!

Always makes a sweet victory taste that bit sweeter.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:51 pm 

Yeah, thanks Oakee. A great read as always.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:55 pm 

Thanks Oakee - great stuff as per usual!

:D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:45 pm 

Totally agree. Brilliant thread.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:51 pm 

Good to see Leko acknowledged before and after the match too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:08 pm 

Just out of interest, who started VFTOS? I only took it on temporarily... maybe three years ago.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:24 pm 

Good job Sir.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:09 pm 

Delightful. :ugeek:
Merci beaucoup and chateauneuf du pape Rodney! :lol: :lol: :ugeek: