THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 10:50 pm 

After last weeks comments from Shrews fans, this all seems a bit tame and subdued....
From ExeWeb forum

Quote:
Do we ever win at MK? Am I right in thinking they've had an upturn in form recently?

Quote:
Short answer….no!

Quote:
Sadly seen every one of those defeats at MK.

I will be giving the place a miss on Saturday.

Quote:
Poor looking pitch

Quote:
We're not very good without the ball at the moment, they are better at closing down, marking and denying space. This needs to improve.

Quote:
City with only 29% possession so far…echos from around the empty soulless stadium.

Quote:
PENALTY to us I must confess it looked like he got the ball but again from the angle impossible to really tell

Quote:
A bit lucky to be 1-0 up at HT but we can't help that they are so bad at finishing

Quote:
Scoreline flatters us a bit. Don's are controlling the midfield and we're struggling to put our foot on the ball.

It's a pretty scrappy game with a poor playing surface which doesn't help. Hopefully an improved second half performance can see us extend our lead.

Quote:
Poor pitch bringing us down to their level.

Quote:
this pitch is abysmal

Quote:
Got away with the first half performance. MK missed 2 easy chances and then we nicked the penalty. Second half much better.

Quote:
First half we were pretty poor, the only moment of real quality was the build up to the penalty which looked soft. Harper and Collins were slow to the ball and MK looked good, they moved the ball quickly and pressed us well when we were in possession. If we’re honest, we should have been 1 or 2 down at half time but MK don’t have anyone that can finish.

Quote:
Watching those MK misses perhaps Mr Winkelman is regretting not "cashing in on his Eisa's" earlier in the transfer window?

Quote:
Happy for the win but I thought we rode our luck quite a bit. They missed some absolute sitters. On another day, we'd have lost.

Thought our pen was stonewall and we had another good shout before that as well as one in the second half. Had we been Argentina in the WC, they'd have been given every time. The ref and linesmen were arses and that didn't help.

Quote:
I noticed MK doubling on Jake in the first half so he didn't have the space to do his thing. They did a really good job of nullifying our wing play.

Quote:
I think he did get the ball, hence why their players were so angry with the decision. I think the penalty was given because he also played the man and took Nombe out at the thigh. Anyway, 2-0 is all we need to remember about yesterday’s game.

Quote:
Had a good view of both incidents from the tunnel area. The defender went through Nombe to get to the ball (a view held by the MK people around me), and Archie was clearly being pulled back as he entered the box.

Quote:
Interestingly the MKDons commentators were up in arms when the penalty was given. Then at half time they had a look at the replays and said 'actually its not as clear cut as we thought' (translation 'actually he did catch Nombe as well as the ball')

Quote:
Must've watched it 50 times now, I still don't see any contact with the ball by an MK player.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:03 am 

All those comments about the pitch. It mortifies me to think that we have the England gals coming to play on that mud patch. Probably be on TV for the World to see that disgrace of a pitch.

Pete really needs to get a grip on the abysmal failings throughout the club since the departure of Mr Cullen.