THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:58 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:10 pm 

Comments and observations from the FGR Forum

Quote:
Strong looking starting line-up, with quality subs to come on. Come on boys..... three points today. Were on the up

Quote:
Got what we deserved... Score then sit back. Rubbish.

Quote:
oh dear there are really no more excuses with a brand new team

Quote:
Worst performance of the season so far.

Tactically abysmal.

Quote:
This is beyond bad

We have 6 players stood in a line up top. It's actually painful.

Quote:
I could understand an excuse of new players needing time to adjust to a passing style of football, but when all we are seeing is hoofball
it comes down to desire, passion and commitment which is unfortunately not on display unless you are a MKD supporter.
Tactically it is a very inept display.

Quote:
As I have said before.
This manager is well out of his depth and the players know it.
They won’t put in any effort whilst he is in charge.
But don't worry....
Dale will sort it out, by stopping Salmon farming, getting taxes raised for the super rich, Donating to the Stop oil Loons, stopping animal farming for dogs, which I must admit I agree with.
But no worries, any new manager would be pie in the sky...oops, I mean skydiamond funded.

Quote:
Not the best quality from MK but even then better than ours. What a poor game, not even league 2 stuff. Really dissapointed

Quote:
Ah well.....might see them two actors from Wrexham at the lawn next season, ay......

Quote:
What's the point in buying in players and leaving that inept, incompetent, clueless individual in charge?

I will not be renewing my season ticket if he remains in charge for our league Two campaign next season. Not a chance.

Quote:
Today I lost count of the times our players fell over when losing the ball thinking they've been fouled when they hadn't. They just weren't strong enough!
In this league not strong enough is not good enough.

Similarly, they give away fouls when they should be winning the the ball, then complain the foul was harsh, when it wasn't.

Quote:
Ironically listening to the Everton fans ringing in Frank lampard is out of his depth,clueless tacticallybut is a nice guy.
He must go

Who does that remind you of.....

It's a waste of time signing players then letting our nice guy ruin them.

Quote:
I am only going to say what I said months ago.

We only need one signing. A new manager.

Everyone has a level in whatever career path they choose to follow. He is quite clearly out of his depth and is showing this consistently, regardless of the teams we are up against. Putting it bluntly there has been no consistent improvement.
I hold my hands up in despair after todays performance, we are relegated!

Quote:
Simply outplayed by a better team. First 35 mins, only going to be one winner us. Then once they’d found us out- next 65 mins only one winner, them. That’s called tactical nous. We had no response.
We have hit the glass ceiling. League 2 really is our limit. Until we have a fan base, infrastructure we cannot compete with league one teams. MK are in a relegation battle; yet amazingly have the likes of Elisa and Grigg up front. We just cannot keep unearthing diamonds to compete with this.

Quote:
Even if survival is now beyond us we do at least deserve to be entertained. Today’s performance was abysmal beyond abysmal against a very mediocre team.

Quote:
Offensively, I couldn't believe what I was witnessing. Long, aimless pumps of the ball into a front 5. All lined up. It was genuinely quite amusing. 39 minutes went by with this singular tactical approach. In which we didn't create a single chance. Against a relegation rival.

No system, no ball progression. Just pumping it long, over and over again. After 88 minutes, Doyle could see it wasn't working.

Solution? Make it 6 up front. Olly Casey instructed to go up front. Farcical.

Quote:
Well, at least we now know what went wrong, it was all down to the pitch. Apparently you couldn't pass on it, problem being no-one told MKD about that!!!!

Quote:
What I do know is that our tactics are ineffective at keeping goals out or creating opportunities up the other end. And now there is talk of our spending seven figures on new players. This is insanity.

Quote:
Are you surprised? This is what happens in our boardroom. Throw support staff and money at the manager but avoid the real issue. We have seen this before again and again with failing managers under eco leadership.

Quote:
the lack of leadership, clarity or communication from the dugout is unforgivable. I am sick of seeing opposition managers screaming out instructions to their team when they are winning whilst IB stands there, arms folded, looking cold (buy a coat!) whilst we are losing! We have a young team and they need proactive management! Sorely need an experienced wise old head on the pitch and new direction from the dugout.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:22 pm 

Thanks Oakee - always a very interesting read, this. They seem to have totally thrown the towel in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 5:44 pm 

That was true in the ground too. They seem to want to out do the chants of how bad their team was, while calling for the manager to go.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:37 pm 

Thanks Oakee - wow, thats a lot of bad feeling there :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:04 pm 

ReturnofMoo wrote:
That was true in the ground too. They seem to want to out do the chants of how bad their team was, while calling for the manager to go.

They've obviously been watching our pre-Christmas highlights.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:20 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
ReturnofMoo wrote:

They've obviously been watching our pre-Christmas highlights.

I seem to recalll our own fans responding after their goal with you’re nothing special, we always lose