THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:42 pm 

a selection of comments from Vital Lincoln City Forum
Quote:
Listening on IFollow and they’re serving up the MK commentary. Makes the BBC Radio Lincs team sound professional!

Quote:
The one positive is, we have breached their box four or five times to their one? On the whole, the 20 outfield players look as if they're out on an afternoon stroll.

Quote:
Well, we have been the better team so far, but neither actually look like scoring.

Quote:
Pretty clear why MK are near the bottom. Really ought to be taking 3 points here.

Quote:
Thing is, it’s going as expected in terms of MK Dons dominating possession.
MK Dons really aren’t that good. There’s 3 points up for grabs here, and I think with better decision making and bit more speed in our attacking play, we get all 3.

Quote:
Hate to say it but I’ll take an away point now

Quote:
Well, a point it is against franchise scum in LEGOLAND.

Quote:
Well, that it two hours of my life I will never get back.

Probably the most boring game I have watched in years.

Quote:
That’s a game we should have won. MK Dons were not very inspiring but at least tried to play through the midfield. Not sure we were trying to play through any area of the pitch.

Quote:
Ran out of steam second half. Its a big pitch there and they were stamina sapping conditions. MKD were unlucky with injuries but the fresh substitutes seemed to make a difference. MK is often slow to make substitutions and we should have made ours earlier.

Quote:
We can't pass, and we can't control the ball. We were lucky to escape with our lapse in concentration, mid second-half.
MK were equally abysmal and we really ought to have had enough to beat them. Walking football wins nowt.

Quote:
Both sides will be lucky to escape the drop if that game is anything to go by.

Considering we played a line-up designed, according to MK, to attack more and win the game, we were abysmal.
Credit to the 800+ who made the trip. That is real dedication.

Quote:
A point away from home is a useful point I guess, but oh, what a dull & unexciting team we have. Not much entertainment on offer again, sadly.

Quote:
24 goals in 25 games tells the story. 6 of them in 1 game. That Bristol Rovers game has a lot to answer for turning us dull as dishwater. Some spirited displays initially, but we are in the entertainment industry and now fans are starting turning off. It becomes a hard road back, and a hard sell when you park the bus and lump it.

Quote:
One final point- last season Darren Moore took over Wednesday. Their first season under Moore, fans were apoplectic. Boring, no creativity, can't score, no entertainment (sound familiar). A new manager taking over a team which wasn't his.....roll onto his second season.

The moral of the story- everyone can moan as much as they like. IF we aren't prepared to give managers time to build a team then we will never build anything.

Quote:
We weren't the worse team on the pitch today and when you consider our respective positions that's some small comfort. If there was any real thought that MK Dons are in a false position, today dispelled that quite quickly. They were awful. I suppose being the slightly less shit team on display isn't much to crow about but enjoy the little things as they say

Quote:
a chorus of Boos at the final whistle for the second successive week tells its own story. Both sets of fans were as lifeless as the action on the pitch.

Quote:
MK Dons show why being able to look after possession is not everything...

...while we showed why not being able to look after possession makes quite a lot of other things difficult.

Quote:
Not sure what the expectations for yesterday were but to set in context yesterday we were away to a team with a manager still in his honeymoon to a squad that had a striker that cost over a million quid.

I bet if you add up all the transfer fees we have paid in the 30 years since my first match it’s less than a million quid. To me a draw is reasonable

Quote:
The problem is in yesterday's game we managed to be the equal to one of the poorest teams in this league. Their league position shows that. What does that say about us?
My biggest worry is the total lack of entertaining football.that the fans are having to watch

Quote:
if we are drawing every game at home and massively struggle against physical direct teams, and also can't beat the tippy tappy teams at the bottom of the league, what's the profile of team we are going to beat at the moment to steer clear of trouble?

That £1m striker has one league goal this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:06 pm 

Thank you, as always appreciate your efforts, once again another set of fans recognise our ability.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:34 pm 

Thanks Oakee - seems the Gimps are going a bit soft

This one did make me chuckle though

Quote:

:lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:51 pm 

Oldfarmdons wrote:

Quote:

Exactly. We can normally count on the inbreds for some Franchise bashing. But only one example! V Poor.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:27 am 

keyser soze wrote:
Oldfarmdons wrote:

Quote:

Exactly. We can normally count on the inbreds for some Franchise bashing. But only one example! V Poor.