THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:56 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:49 pm 

From PASOTI forum
Quote:
Into this maelstrom of hearsay and hysteria sail The Franchise. If you wanted an example of a club whose dependence on individuals and loans can be unpicked in a single transfer window, then this is the club. From five nil conquerors of last season’s Argyle squad, with a sought after a well-regarded young coach in his first senior role, espousing a possession based high pressing game in the current modern incarnation of the game, to a struggling relegation haunted team now regrouping after the appointment of a new well-regarded young coach in his first senior role.

Quote:
Franchise, burning like fire. Franchise, how can you close and fail? How can the light that burned so brightly
Suddenly burn so pale? Franchise?

Quote:
That is truly terrible goalkeeping but get the hell in! Another goal from a set-piece

Quote:
We're absolutely all over the place at the back.

Quote:
MK Dons do not look like a side in the relegation zone. They are cutting through us far too easily mind.

Quote:
MK Dons still dangerous

The game is swinging like a pendulum

MK Dons maybe in the relegation places but they are not out of this

Quote:
They're poor at the back but have some really dangerous attacking players.

Quote:
MK Dons a lot better than I was expecting, particularly going forward.

Our second goal though was beautiful.

Quote:
Entertaining half. MK playing better than what their position suggests.

Quote:
A weird half in which our attacking players have been impressive but our defence has given MK Dons far too much space. Their front three are very dangerous and we need to find a way to shut them down or else this could be an awkward second-half. The HT score could easily be 3-3.

Quote:
Need calm heads- don't want to let MK Dons back in
They are still threatening

Quote:
In truth, most of the forward movement in the game in the second half was by MKD. Having said that I am delighted another 3 points are in the bag.. I felt MKD were a much better team than Morecambe when at HP.

Quote:
We managed the game 2nd half. MK have a lot of good players. No idea why they are down there.

Quote:
I didn’t have the best view but I thought their penalty shout in the first half was nailed on, anybody have a better view?

Quote:
Stonewall to me. Almost in line with it from the Grandstand. I couldn't believe he didn't get it

Quote:
It didn’t make sense because he obviously didn’t give the penalty, so surely he should have given a yellow for simulation?

Quote:
I don’t think MK Dons should be where they are, they’ve got some good attacking players and they opened us up at times in the first half. I’ve seen far poorer teams.

Quote:
Got to say apart from the goals I was just sat there quite bored. Thought MK were better than their league position and the stats indicate it was a 50/ 50 game.
Crowd were fairly quiet as well. 3 points though but will have to play better if we want to win the league.

Quote:
I detected a definite nervousness. MK definitely had their chances. And a certain pen.

Quote:
How the hell was that not given as pen by the way???

I always felt we had them though, even if they scored again.

Quote:
I have to say, on a bank holiday, that away attendance tells you everything you need to know about MK Dons. Fair play to those that travelled, but that is mighty poor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:59 pm 

So, for once we’re not the worst team they’ve played :o

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:10 pm 

This was Jacko's 3rd match in 6 days. Today the Dons played 4-3-3 & it'll stay that way going forward for every match.
I liked those snipets from Argyle fans. Far more kind of them than Dons fans elsewhere.
COYD.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:15 pm 

AaLF wrote:
This was Jacko's 3rd match in 6 days. Today the Dons played 4-3-3 & it'll stay that way going forward for every match.
I liked those snipets from Argyle fans. Far more kind of them than Dons fans elsewhere.
COYD.

Nice you can take comfort in defeat :o

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2023 9:28 am 

That penalty decision would 100% have gone against us if it was the other way round.

I'd like to see a compilation of all the penalties we've given away this season, to see if they are actually the correct decision. The one against Posh last week wasn't a foul and was even outside the box. Can't remember the game, but the one where McEachran slid in, don't think he even touched the player.

We've been given some terrible decisions against us this season, both in our area and the oppositions.