It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 4:16 pm 

from The FGR Forum
Quote:
Which fgr will turn up

MK looked a strong side v Portsmouth on the highlights

Quote:
That's all we need in this proverbial six-pointer........a relegation-threatened side with a new manager, with everything to prove, and away from home ......it does not get any harder !. Still, who knows, that's why we love this beautiful game, you never know !.

Quote:
Bit of a lack lustre game, both teams look as if they are on a par.

Quote:
Watching live, it’s an entertaining match.

We are well organised & kept our shape well. FGR are a threat in their area and unlucky not to be ahead.

Quote:
Two very poor teams on display. Disturbing as to how easily MK Dons are passing their way through Rovers midfield.With a bit of luck going our way we should be in front as the Dons are not great defensively.

Quote:
With the exception of Casey this has been a really poor performance. 20 minutes to go but we’ve been dreadful since the break and now further hampered by Little coming on !!!

Quote:
This is a fixture that is meant to show how we really compare against similar clubs etc This has just proven what we have known since the first few weeks of the season that we have a squad and a manager that are simply not up to it and changes are desperately needed in January.

Quote:
Yep. Not good enough. MKDons look pretty rubbish, but much better than us.

Not sure what IB's plan is. Not sure if he actually has one.

Quote:
Great chance to sneak out of the bottom 4 and we put in a completely lacklustre performance.

Casey head and shoulders above anyone else today and even our biggest threat up front (first half anyway).

Really disappointing all over the pitch. No control in midfield and despite a few combinations no threat up front.

Quote:
We are right in the doo doo now. Looking likely 4 from 6 going down. Sadly we are losing to those around us. Please IB, try something different - a back 4 perhaps?

Quote:
And I’m guessing that the performance today is precisely the reason Wickham can’t wait to get out of here !?!

Quote:
There wasn’t anything between the sides really, it’s just MK got a bit more luck in scoring their goal during the period they were on top. Could easily have gone either way as we had some good chances, hit the woodwork and forced their keeper into a couple of good stops, although it was a bit disappointing the way we couldn’t really muster much of a response once behind.

Quote:
RUBBISH result against a pitiful excuse for a football club brought into existence by a football ignorant committee.

Bad day all round.

Quote:
Really impressed with mk don stadium. Padded bloody seats!! and amble width and leg room. I know there is history with Wimbledon but really hope they get back up to championship to align with the quality of their stadium.

A love a good relegation battle... Exciting 4 months ahead!

Quote:
I thought we set up all wrong today. Sitting far too deep in the first half and inviting pressure from MK Dons for large spells of the game.
Looked good in the 5-10 minute spell of pressure after about half an hour, but didn't take our chances. The MK goalkeeper made some smart saves but we really should have made that spell count for something.
Second half was as poor as we'd been for a long time and a better side than MK could have put a few on us. We backed off players far too much and gave them more space than they needed. Would suspect that's down to the side being set up wrong.
MK have a nice stadium but the size of it made their 6k attendance look embarrassing. I'm so glad Eco Park will initially be limited to 5k - better to build a smaller ground we can fill than a huge white elephant. Would like the padded seats and extra legroom that MK have though! Friendly stewards and a reasonable away following, but nothing too inspiring to cheer about - and it was far too cold!

Quote:
We created quite a lot of decent quality chances, on another day we go into HT 2-0 up.

Whilst it's understandable to be frustrated, MK won the game on the finest of margins. Their goal was from distance, went through a few bodies & 9/10 doesn't go in. It's fine margins.

Can anyone think of a chance MK had other than the goal?

Certainly no time to panic. We aren't going to change manager now.

Quote:
I wonder how many times MK have had 70% possession this season. Letting them control the game like that was pathetic, they're not a good enough side to just stand off and let them pass it round the middle of the park. If we'd put some pressure on they'd have made mistakes like they did the one time we tried to win it there and we got through on goal. Should that have not been a red card for denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity outside the box?

Quote:
A lot to commend the MK Dons stadium, though I still, after all these years, feel uncomfortable about the way it was established. Yesterday it was 80% empty and devoid of any real atmosphere. I look forward to our new stadium, I predict crowds will be well over 3000, so the ground will be rarely even 40% empty.

MK Dons, Burton and us will be in a battle to avoid relegation in 2023. I think Morecambe are destined for the drop. There are another half a dozen clubs that will be drawn into the fight for survival. I wouldn't be at all surprised if 3 of these join Morecambe and MK, B & us escape.

Quote:
Pitch looked in a poor state no matter how comfy the seats are.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:44 pm 

Thanks Oakee, good job as ever. It’s always good to see the oppo view, with most concluding we are rubbish like them.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:29 pm 

Cheers oakee, always enjoy reading these

I just think our rubbish was far better than their rubbish on the day

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 9:25 pm 

Quote:
Really impressed with mk don stadium. Padded bloody seats!! and amble width and leg room. I know there is history with Wimbledon but really hope they get back up to championship to align with the quality of their stadium.

A love a good relegation battle... Exciting 4 months ahead!

I heard afc tried to hire a hit man to deal with this person after this comment. Mercifully, but not surprisingly, the 9p they crowdfunded meant the 'hit' amounted to a comment along the lines of 'You're a tw*t mate' on Facebook.