All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2022 9:20 pm 

from Foxes Talk....

Quote:
Watching them vs Burton Albion at the moment

1-0 down which puts them bottom and they just look so poor

Boos at half time

Quote:
Cannot believe Dean Lewington is still there. He was part of the original Wimbledon team that moved over

Quote:
They are going to be much fitter for this game than us …….

Quote:
Never thought I'd be this excited about going to MK Dons away.

Absence does make the heart grow fonder

Quote:
If they had low allocations, it would be up as there is one of the most disliked away trips - middle of nothing interesting, direct rail link is a pain

Quote:
It is one of the most bland, characterless places in the UK.

Quote:

Can’t be many worse thats for sure.

You know its a the most stinking away in the country when im choosing a night of beer pong and ‘games’ with work colleagues instead.

Quote:
This has more of a warm July night, second pre-season friendly vibe on the pitch.

Quote:
Lads there saying the support is the pits.

Quote:
So far its 6 thousand fans in silence.

Quote:
No one is shocked by this. Large allocation meant it was always going to be like this.

Quote:
Perez almost looks like a footballer against this lot

Quote:
Outrageous ball from Thomas

Quote:
Brilliant pass from Thomas. Barnes always going to be the key, not a great pass across to Vardy who had to improvise. Tielemans following up well.

Quote:
Bloody hell Thomas. Has he spent 5 weeks just working on passing

Quote:
Thomas masterclass

Quote:
Thomas has turned into De Bruyne. Good touch and finish from Ayoze.

So easy, just the game you want first game back.

Quote:
I was concerned we'd be way off the pace having not played as a team for a good month, but this is a good collective display. Not just the goals, but the patterns of attack and linking of play. All this and Maddison to come back in too. Enjoyable watch thus far!

Quote:
They offer absolutely no threat. It's easy street at moment.

Quote:
If I've learned anything from watching the world cup, it's that there should be at least 20 minutes of injury time.

I feel cheated.

Quote:
Ghost Town playing at half time. Quality.

Quote:
Decent, but its so easy. Couple of scares at the back that may have been punished. Not created that much considering the amount of the ball we've had. Vardy not offered much really, would like to see Daka get a half.

Quote:
I think we’ve passed it around really well. Not much in terms of opposition but we have worked ourselves into some really good positions just through the accuracy of our passing. Take a bow in particular, Luke Thomas, though champagne moment of the half has to be Perez’s Messi-like first touch for his goal!

Quote:
Terrible defending to let Vardy win that header.

Quote:
What has bloody happened to Thomas?

Quote:
it’s like when chilwell came back from preseason and was suddenly world class

Quote:
Barnes has been poor at taking his man on, ran into him every time.

Quote:
Only 2 mins of extra time? What a swiz

Quote:
A good run out for the City against very lowly opposition.

Quote:
Always lovely to thrash Plastic FC

Quote:
Nice warm up match before the main course on boxing day.

MK Dons were playing like training cone's!

Quote:
Ginger lad sprinted faster than Usain Bolt

Quote:
How did NONE of the security get to him by the time he got to our fans

Quote:
Wish all our matches were that easy....imagine we'd all have less grey hair and look 10 years younger

Quote:
Genuninely worst away end I’ve ever been in. Trying to get anything going in the first half and met with absolute silence and some dirty looks. I used to blame the older fans for not getting involved but the majority of people there were middle aged. Second half was a slight improvement but by far worst end I’ve ever been in

Quote:
Really professional and classy performance from the lads, but my god our fans are useless.

Quote:
Lovely padded seats. Might be nice to put pissing numbers on the b*stard things though!

Quote:
I think about teams like Man U, Newcastle Leeds etc they would be having the time of their lives constant singing, Christmas songs the lot. As usual, our fans seem to see it as a chore to be there in the cold

Quote:
Genuinely, been in some bad ends so I don’t really come with a high expectation but this actually fell short of the little I did have

Quote:
Dons fan, ran the length of the pitch to get to our lot, where all he did was give us the finger and call us all willy pullers.

Shame he’s going to face a ban for a match in the Carabao Cup the little rat.

Quote:
Our away ends have actually been pretty decent this season

Tonight wasn’t one of those

Quote:
We have the numbers, but an entirely different demographic to the likes of Leeds. We have Dads with kids. Loved up young couples. The extreme elderly. A few Middle class. Nerds. A few Football hipsters. And quite a lot of lads who don't seem to have any interest in football at all. Just a bit of a lads day out.

Quote:
Well, it's just good to be back. A Tuesday night at MK feckin' Dons isn't exactly going to get the heart pumping, but agree that our end was massively disappointing, hardly hairs-on-neck stuff. You know something is wrong when Left-Side, Right-Side is the loudest chant of the night. Well, the left side was at least.
MK Dons offered nothing - their best move of the match was that ginger twat running the length of the pitch to give it large.

Quote:
Surely got to be Dean Lewington’s? Maybe that’s how MK get all their fans.

Quote:
Our end wasn’t great, but the home fans were terrible

A comment on the Franchise FC - FOREVER A STAIN ON THE ENGLISH GAME banner....
Quote:
In which case why did they pay money to the club they think is a stain on the game?

Make a protest? Make a proper fvcking protest by withholding your money. Anything else is complete bullshit.

This is up there with waving signs asking for shirts. It’s all kinds of embarrassing.

Quote:
It looked like a couple of talented 6 year old made this.

I couldn't get a ticked so I had to sit with the home support and when this banner came out it did give them all a chuckle and they seemed rather impressed that there were no spelling mistakes.

Quote:
What a fan base. No game for a month, 7k there and about 50 singing

Quote:
One thing MK did well: playing Ghost Town at the beginning of half time.

Quote:
Perhaps that was more an ironic take on their cultural vacuum and soulless city than a tribute to the recently departed Terry Hall?

Quote:
Absolute procession. Genuinely as one sided as the 9-0.

Controversial but I like their ground. Bit different to the other grounds from that period and two tiers the whole way round is cool.

Quote:
Ground is nice but the facilities inside for away fans are terrible.

Quote:
Ground is nice but the facilities inside for away fans are terrible.

What "facilities" do you need at an away game? Standard food and drink, pissers.

What else do you need for 2 hours?

Quote:
6500 make the effort on a Tuesday before Christmas.

....loads of new folk, really bloody cold, bizarre selling order, soulless bowl stadium, tinpot home club with no support, game over after 20 minutes........and folk moaning that it didn't have a red hot atmosphere. Classic Leicester.

Quote:
Enjoyable game last night, as one sided as you can get and in that’s all mk dons have to offer then god help them and enjoy league 2 next season. Our defence certainly wasn’t terrified with the famous will grigg playing, in fact bar a couple of unusual loose touches by my new hero Wout (I ****ing love that guy) then it was a decent defence display.

Quote:
I liked the ground and the amenities around it.

Our fans must have been dumbfounded by the return of football as it was luke a morgue

Quote:
Naa, it was a run of a mill fixture versus a team which barely threatened. In a city which has no history, no heritage and perversely no grit.

When you say amenities; you mean the restaurants and cinema right? Because even those for me could have been positioned in any city on any retail park.

It’s not like when you go to the north west where you can get a good pie and chips from an independent chippy or you go Newcastle and you have all the same restaurants but with a buzz that an actual football game. You have something which attaches to where you are in the country and with a local pride too.

When I visit a football ground, they all need a sense of location. Something unique, something tangible to make it rememberable. As nice and shiny as it is, Stadium MK has none of that. The city itself you have to visit the villages it swallowed up to find a pub which isn’t a harvester or a Wetherspoons.

Sorry Raj, seems like I’m having a go at you here but just forwarding my dislike of the ground they have. I’ve done 91 out of the 92 and a trip to MK would rank in the bottom ten for me.

Quote:
What would you rank as best you e been?

And how low would you rank our own generic bowl in a lifeless area where you can buy used cars but nothing else nearby except Morrisons, two non independent pubs and a half hearted "hotel"!!

Quote:
Great ground, as good as any in the premier, good job done last night.

Quote:
First away game in years (I’m a sh1t fan) and it is very noticeable now sh*t the atmosphere was v the championship days. Maybe there was a lot of new fans with tickets or something but it was dire. Even the left side/right side chant was rubish

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2022 5:43 am 

Quote:
Perhaps that was more an ironic take on their cultural vacuum and soulless city than a tribute to the recently departed Terry Hall?

That was quite funny.