THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:04 pm 

From DCFCfans
Quote:
Basically a home game way more Derby fans than Dons.

Quote:
We have them rattled at the back, their backline do not look comfortable at all.

Quote:
This system is so negative as Bird and Hourihane are deep. We have 8 players behind the ball (GK included) and just three in-front.

It’s fine if we’re playing Liverpool away. But not MK Dons

Quote:
I just feel we look like a typical League One team in this style. No real quality, not playing much to open them up, Dobbin looks a little lost on the ball.

Quote:
What a mediocre side we are.

Quote:
Well, of course we are. We are a League 1 team that was put (thrown) together in about a fortnight from a mixture of free signings and kids. Add injuries, a general lack of fitness (for some), suspensions and change of management, what exactly were you expecting? We haven't even got to December yet - it was always going to take some time. Neither Warne nor Rosenior are miracle workers.

Quote:
Our defending here is a bit comedic at times..

Quote:
We are making a poor team look good, we have virtually no control of midfield.

Now we are 1-0 down... oh joy

Quote:
I shouldn’t laugh, but that was comical.

This system is garbage.

Quote:
That late equaliser has papered over a hell of a lot of cracks in that first half performance so far. Abysmal quality in the final third. Wildsmith keeping us in it. Their keeper could have been sat on a deck chair.

Thank goodness for the goal but the performance needs to improve drastically.

Quote:
Not a lot of quality in that first half, the win is there for the taking as they are a lot worse than us but we really need to get the defensive positioning sorted out, they carve us up way too easily.

Quote:
Jesus wept these are supposedly in a relegation battle and we’ve whimpered against them. Barring the goal not one effort on target. How is a side including Hourihane, Collins, NML, Sibley, Dobbin not creating more than this??

Quote:
Well, from what I have witnessed here so far this afternoon, we have an outstanding goalkeeper and a midfield pairing as effective as a couple of cones.

Quote:
Chaos in the MK Dons box..loads of half chances but ends up going wide..we need to keep getting the ball into the box they are all over the place.

Quote:
They are completely out playing us.

Quote:
Bradley Johnson still thinking he's in a Rams shirt
Cracking finish JC!

Quote:
Good lad Bradley.

Quote:
Once a ram.... thanks Bradders!!

Quote:
Played really well 2nd half .. just controlled the game great goals as well, set piece work starting to pay off.

Quote:
MK Dons in the relgation zone. Their forum should make for interesting reading.

Quote:
After all the effort put into wednesday nights game and the short turn around, that is a cracking result. I feared the worst when we conceded first. I should have more faith.

Quote:
Textbook Warne game, we're becoming dangerous from set-pieces, chase down absolutely everything. Arugably MK Dons were doing more of what we were doing at start of season, played it around at the back, they averaged more possession, shots etc... and we win. Warne's proven formula at work.