THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: Live! - Bury (A)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:04 pm 

Upson having a bit of a mare. Caught in possession 3 times in a dangerous area.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:30 pm 

2-0!!! A goal from a corner!!! With all of the height we have this season, we've finally scored from a set-piece. Ebanks-Landell.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:22 pm 

Not having a pop but whats incredible is you havent looked at the stat of when we concede our most goals,
Spoiler alert its either side of the whistle. So smart imo ensuring we go in to half time with a lead.

RobbieGiveUsAWave wrote:
Nicholls has been booked for time wasting... After 43 minutes. Embarrassing. I understand that you want to do what you can to win, but being booked in the first half for time wasting is a joke.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:26 pm 

Good win, that. Sounded like we were fortunate to be ahead on the radio as Bury were the only ones asking the question for a good period either side of half time.

However, contacts at the game say we weren’t really threatened. :?

Slight concern is the injury to Golbourne. Did it look serious? Two assists today!

Still not convinced this team has quite got what it takes. Look where our points have been won and lost and then take a look at the respective positions of those teams. Four wins and a draw against the bottom five and lost to every team we’ve faced currently above us in the table.

Go prove me wrong by beating Bradford and continuing that run in what looks a much easier month on paper.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm 
Camdenite wrote:
Go prove me wrong by beating Bradford and continuing that run in what looks a much easier month on paper.

Agree. The wins we've had have all been against the weaker sides in the league/bottom half teams. We lost to teams in and around the top 6.

If Neilson has improved things then a result against Bradford will show we are serious contenders for promotion. Biggest game yet.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:51 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Good win, that. Sounded like we were fortunate to be ahead on the radio as Bury were the only ones asking the question for a good period either side of half time.

However, contacts at the game say we weren’t really threatened. :?

Slight concern is the injury to Golbourne. Did it look serious? Two assists today!

Still not convinced this team has quite got what it takes. Look where our points have been won and lost and then take a look at the respective positions of those teams. Four wins and a draw against the bottom five and lost to every team we’ve faced currently above us in the table.

We played well today and created more chances than any other game this season. We were still a bit sloppy at times giving the ball away in dangerous areas and Bury did have quite a lot of chances. Saying that, I didnt feel they really threatend us. My issue is that the better teams in this league will take the chances that the likes of Bury and AFC don't. Happy to be proved wrong on Saturday.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:29 pm 

Louis hit the nail on the head with every point. To add to that, the first 25 minutes of the game is some of the best passing and movement from back to front ive seen us play in a while. Was really nice.