THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:43 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:33 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE & PREVIEW KFC KINGSTON
Here we go again, but before I kick off with my weekly overview, can I just welcome those KFC fans that have strayed to this page........Hi Simon, hope you give me a good review on Twitter.

I’m sure I don’t need to tell you how important this fixture is, not just because it’s against KFC, but a loss and a draw for Oldham away to Charlton will see us drop into the bottom four, way past the unacceptable level Winkie set that saw Robinson leave just over twelve months ago.

Strangely this is where Neilson came in, with his first game a home victory over KFC, and it would be somewhat ironic if this game heralded his departure, with a growing tide of dissenting voices set to rise yet again if the unthinkable was to happen.

As Camdenite often reminds me I’m only a newbie in all this, but I will say it’s the worst I’ve known it in the pathetic eight years I’ve followed the club. I don’t think there was this amount of discussion or split in fans views when REXIT was taking shape, to the degree there has been heated exchanges amongst the fans during matches.

Possibly pouring on the doom and gloom, we also have the fixture against Northampton the following week at Six Finger Fields, anyway, it’s funny being dubbed a pessimist, and you turn out to be right, does that make you a realist and the remainder fantasists?

Right, slipping on my optimist hat, I think we will win both the aforementioned games and that should send us capitulating up the table, but if we don’t I cannot see how Neilson can stay, not because I want him out, but simply because I cannot see how anyone including Winkie can defend him any longer.

For the record I don’t blame him 100%, there are a lot more people around the club that should be taking a long hard look at themselves and realising they are equally culpable.

Looking back at Saturday against QPR in the cup, it wasn’t the best game in terms of class and skill, we rode our luck a bit, we looked a bit shaky at the back, Nicholls for me especially looked dodgy, and Upson was having a bit of a mare, but we ground it out and the game was won with just about the only piece of quality with an excellent goal from Cisse.

However, on the plus side McGrandles once again played a major role in our victory, breaking up play, he was literally everywhere, and this not forgetting without the likes of Pawlett or Gilbey.

Muirhead continues to disappoint, I don’t know what Robbie saw in him to bring him down from Scotland, but we certainly haven’t seen it, and if the rumours of him being homesick are true, he may well be loaned back to the Highlands until the end of the season to give him some game time, I suppose it depends on what happens in the transfer window, but with the addition of Ugbo, it looks like his opportunities are going to be limited.

So without further ado, next up, it’s the time travellers from Kingston, who hopefully will get roughed up a bit by Spurs later today.

THE STORY SO FAR – KFC KINGSTON
Kingston are a rare animal for us these days as they are one of the few teams that I can report are below us in the league table, being in 21st, two points and two places below us with a game in hand, and a record of PLAYED 25, WON 7, DRAWN 6, LOST 12, GF 22 & GA 31.

Their current form in the league reads like this – LLWLDW
Our current form in the league reads like this - DDLLWL

This season’s results in the league in chronological order area as follows.

Scunthorpe 1 Kingston 1
Kingston 0 Shrewsbury 1
Fleetwood 2 Kingston 0
Kingston 2 Doncaster 0
Blackpool 1 Kingston 0
Kingston 0 Portsmouth 2
Kingston 1 Gillingham 1
Blackburn 0 Kingston 1
Kingston 0 MK Dons 2
Southend 1 Kingston 0
Kingston 0 Rochdale 0
Oxford 3 Kingston 0
Northampton 0 Kingston 1
Kingston 3 Rotherham 1
Kingston 0 Plymouth 1
Charlton 1 Kingston 0
Kingston 2 Peterborough 2
Bristol Rovers 1 Kingston 3
Oldham 0 Kingston 0
Kingston 1 Walsall 2
Kingston 0 Wigan 4
Kingston 2 Bradford 1
Portsmouth 2 Kingston 1
Gillingham 2 Kingston 2
Kingston 2 Southend 0

THE MANAGER
Neal Christopher Ardley aged 45 years born in Epsom, Surrey.

Ardley started his playing career as a midfielder for the real Wimbledon in 1991, he had spells at Watford, Cardiff City and Millwall until a number of injuries blighted his career and he was forced to retire after 415 games and 26 goals, he also represented England at U21 level on 10 occasions.

Ardley took control at Kingston in October 2012 and his management stats are as follows, GAMES 282, WON 95, DRAWN 82, LOST 105, that’s about a 33.5%-win ratio.

FORMER MANAGERS
Ardley is the 6th manager in the short history of the club, and in terms of win ratio, the least successful, the other 5 managers all having win ratios of more than 50%, but competing in much lower leagues.

FORMER PLAYERS
Not many household names of note here, except the human roundabout Adebayo Akinfenwa, Harry Forrester (born in MK), Marcus Gayle, the MC Harvey, Danny Hylton (now at Luton), John Sullivan, and George Moncur (scored for Colchester to get us promoted).

MASCOT
A Womble named Haydon, which is a reference to Haydons Rd, the nearest station to our former home of Plough Lane.

SHOOTERS BOOTS
Top scorer this season is Lyle Taylor with 8 league goals to his name.

CURRENT MATCH ODDS
MK Dons 4/5 (Sun Bet) Draw 12/5 (BetFred) KFC Kingston 9/4 (Betfair)

FAMOUS FANS
Bath Womble who in real life is possibly solicitor Louise Carton-Kelly, gobshite and fuckwit Simon Wheeler, a man obsessed with us and will take his “Drop the Dons “campaign with him to the grave, Adrian Durham, although a Posh fan, another KFC sympathiser with a bigoted view, and Henning When, a so called German comedian, who is enough reason alone to vote for Brexit.

LAST TIME ROUND
22nd September 2017 – KFC Kingston 0 MK Dons 2
Team – Nicholls, Williams, Wootton, Golbourne, Ariyibi, Cisse, Gilbey, Tshibola (Ebanks-Landell), Brittain, Seager (Agard), Sow (Muirhead).
Unused Subs – Sietsma, Lewington, McGrandles, Nesbitt.
Goals – Seager 7’ or Francomb own goal, Ariyibi 26’
Referee – Michael Jones (5 yellows)
Attendance – 3, 973 (263 Dons fans)
League Position at time of Fixture – KFC 16th, Dons 9th.

HEAD 2 HEAD
2017/18 – Kingston 0 MK Dons 2 (See Above)
2016/17 – Kingston 2 MK Dons 0
2016/17 – MK Dons 1 Kingston 0 (Bowditch)
2014/15 – MK Dons 2 Kingston 3 – JPT (Powell, Afobe)
2014/15 – MK Dons 3 Kingston 1 – League Cup (McFadzean, Powell, Afobe)
2012/13 – MK Dons 2 Kingston 1 – FA Cup (Gleeson, Otsemobor)

YOU’VE GOT NO HISTORY
KFC have a history of abandoning their club, and their debt, and then blaming everyone else, but mainly us. They tell everyone we stole their club, a club they had abandoned a year earlier, how is that even possible, you don’t have a go at the dustmen for recycling your rubbish do you?

They have a history of trying to rewrite history, and have a long track record pedalling their lies, which slowly but surely more and more fans around the country are getting wise to.

They have a history of not being able to use a toilet properly, they also have a history of doing considerable damage to a stadium and the denying it happened.

They have a history in closing the Greyhound Stadium and along with-it Stock Car Racing, to do a property deal which includes a stadium, the self-same thing they accused us of, to return to a place they have never been before.

Oh, and they also won a playoff final once.

PREDICTION
OK, its your turn to make a prediction for this game, with all the rules being observed and the deadline of 1 hour before kick-off.

Good Luck

8-) WellDon

EXAMPLE
MK Dons 3 KFC Kingston 1
MKDFGS - Aneke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:41 am 
MKD 0 - 0 KFC

NFGS

Good post as usual WD. I look forward to joining you in mutual congratulations on being right when Neilson is sacked shortly after we fail to beat either Northampton or KFC.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:58 am 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
MK Dons 1 AFC Wimbledon 0
MKDFGS: Aneke

P.S. Oldham lost 1-0 away at Charlton yesterday.

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

Last edited by SG19 Cowshed Das Boot on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:04 am 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Mk Dons 3 AFC Wimbledon 3
MKDFGS: Ugbo

P.S. Oldham lost 1-0 away at Charlton yesterday.

Yes sorry, wrote the article midweek.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:26 am 

WellDon wrote:

As Camdenite often reminds me I’m only a newbie in all this, but I will say it’s the worst I’ve known it in the pathetic eight years I’ve followed the club. I don’t think there was this amount of discussion or split in fans views when REXIT was taking shape, to the degree there has been heated exchanges amongst the fans during matches.

Eight years! I’ve only been seeing you away for the last two! :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:53 pm 

Mk Dons 2 AFC 0
FDGS Chuks

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 pm 

Genuinely think it’ll be a 1-1 draw with Gilbey scoring for us. About time we had a draw with them tbh.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:15 pm 

Mk dons 1 - 0

Fgs ugbo

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:30 pm 

MK Dons 2-0 AFC Wimble

The real Dons fgs Aneke

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm 

Dons 0 - AFC Wimbledon 1

No FGS