THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 8:58 am 

APL PREDICTION LEAGUE & PREVIEWPETERBOROUGH UNITED
SATURDAY DECEMBER 30th
By the time we get to this fixture, there is a possibility that we could be in a worse position than Robinson left us, the point where Winkie cried enough was enough, the line in the sand was breached.

I’m sure we all hope it doesn’t come to that, but there is little point in burying your head in the sand, and despite many on here saying that Neilson is the Messiah, the only way is up, and things won’t get that bad, the stark reality is, they have, you cannot deny it, the table doesn’t lie.

So, what now, well Winkie is in an awful position, and I’m sure hopes more than anyone that Plymouth are dispatched on Boxing Day if only to give him and Neilson some breathing space, if not where does he go, the imaginary line has been breached once again, but this time a man he staked his reputation on is at the helm, the man that was to bring exciting football to Milton Keynes, a man he labelled an exciting manager, and has proved to be anything but that.

As much as I haven’t 100% made up my mind about Neilson, he does appear to be on borrowed time, a dead man walking if you like, and the growing discontent gains pace every day as those amongst us remove the rose coloured spectacles and face the reality we are in a relegation scrap, although I do concede the division is so finely balanced, that a few results here and there and we could pull ourselves clear, but, there is little indication that we have that ability in us.

Strangely Neilson does not give the impression of a worried manager, we are a loss away from occupying the seat nobody wants, yet he says we are improving. I did think that we were showing signs of playing well, but as is the MK way, we came crashing back to reality with a shambolic performance against a poor Rotherham side, and that is sad because we were worse.

Still we carry on, I can continue to play OS bingo, and see if I can cross off those over used comments of the season such as, the men from MK1 hope to bounce back, or the men from MK1 try to get back to winning ways...........yes, I know, I’m a miserable f**ker, here I sit on Christmas morning typing this old rubbish.

So, moving on, the first of a run of games that will probably define our season in many people’s eyes, following this game we have Oxford (A), QPR (A), KFC (H) and then Northampton (A).

If nothing else, if we get something out of these games, in the very least we will have the bragging rights, and the opportunity to pour a little bit more hurt on our close rivals, in contrast, we, if things don’t go our way, we could get dragged into the danger area of the League........that is, if were not in it already.

Of course, there is the added pressure of the transfer window being open as well, and there will be a good chance that someone comes a knocking for the likes of Chuks Aneke, as I’ve said before to let him go would say more about this club than anything else, I don’t get this “We don’t want to stand in his way”, mentality, if we must sell, it should be done in the summer.

Additionally, I can’t see us bringing in someone that makes us all step back in amazement, if we do they are likely to be loans, probably the usual sicknote, and the chances of picking up another Harvey Barnes seems remote, so this fictional line of experienced players knocking at Robbie’s door isn’t going to materialise folks, it never has, and nothing suggests that this time will be any different......we don’t spend money, we all know that, still you never know, Winkie might make another video saying he will do all it takes to keep this team in League 1, I love a good video me.......note to self, buy some popcorn.

Keep sucking it up.

8-) WellDon

PETERBOROUGH – THE STORY SO FAR
When we encountered this lot at the start of the season, they were top with 4 wins with out of 5 games. Their form has been mixed since then finding them currently in 7th place with a record of PLAYED 23, WON 10, DRAWN 5, LOST 8, GF 39 & GA 34, with 35 POINTS.

Their League results in chronological order are as follows.

Peterborough 2 Plymouth 1
Bristol Rovers 1 Peterborough 4
Peterborough 2 Rotherham 1
Northampton 1 Peterborough 4
Doncaster 0 Peterborough 0
Peterborough 1 Bradford 3
Peterborough 2 MK Dons 0
Walsall 1 Peterborough 1
Peterborough 3 Wigan 2
Oldham 3 Peterborough 2
Peterborough 1 Oxford 4
Peterborough 0 Gillingham 1
Southend 1 Peterborough 1
Scunthorpe 1 Peterborough 1
Peterborough 1 Shrewsbury 0
KFC Chicken 2 Peterborough 2
Peterborough 0 Blackpool 1
Peterborough 2 Portsmouth 1
Rochdale 2 Peterborough 0
Charlton 2 Peterborough 2
Peterborough 2 Blackburn 3
Fleetwood 2 Peterborough 3
Peterborough 3 Bury 0
Bradford v Peterborough (Boxing Day)

THE MANAGER
Grant Samuel McCann born in Belfast aged 37.

He started his youth career as a midfielder at West Ham United in 1996 before making his full debut two years later playing just 4 games before going on a succession of loans to Livingston (4), Notts County (2), Cheltenham (38), then making a permanent move to Cheltenham (158).

Further spells were with Barnsley (41), Scunthorpe (102), Peterborough (128) and finally Linfield (5) in 2015.

His career stats amounted to 482 games played scoring 86 goals.

He also represented Northern Ireland at U21 level (11), and at senior level (40) scoring on 7 occasions.

He returned to Peterborough as a coach then caretaker manager for the last two games of the 2015/ 2016 season, and in May 2016 was awarded a four-year contract.

His managerial stats are pretty impressive but it’s still early days, his record stands at PLAYED 90, WON 38, DRAWN 21, LOST 31 with a 41.1 % Win Ratio.

FORMER MANAGERS
Posh have had 54 managers since their formation in 1934, most notable amongst those are Barry Fry, Darren Ferguson, Gary Johnson, Mark Wright, John Still, Mark Lawrenson, Noel Cantwell.

MASCOT
Peter Burrow the Rabbit.

FORMER PLAYERS
Craig Mackail Smith, Aaron McLean, Ken Charlery, Eric Steele.

FAMOUS FANS
Iron Mike Tyson, Adrian Durham (Talk Sport Radio Host), general tosser, fuckwit, and MK Dons hater.

Current Match Odds
MK Dons 6/5 (Coral) Draw 12/5 (BetFred) Peterborough 13/8 (Bet365)

POSH TOP SCORER
Top scorer for the Posh is currently Jack Marriot with 19 goals in all comps.

LAST TIME ROUND
Tuesday 12th September 2017 – Peterborough 2 MK Dons 0
Team – Nicholls, Lewington (Nesbitt), Williams, Wootton, Golbourne, Cisse, Gilbey, Tshibola, Agard (Muirhead), Brittain, Seager (Sow).
Unused Subs – Sietsma, Aneke, Ariyibi, McGrandles
Goals – Tafazoli 47’, Maddison 52’
Referee – Carl Boyeson (No cards)
Attendance – 6,465 (369 Dons Fans)

League position at time of fixture – Posh 1st Dons 15th

HEAD 2 HEAD - (League 1, unless stated)
2017/18 – Peterborough 2 MK Dons 0
2016/17 – Peterborough 0 MK Dons 4 – (Aneke 2, Agard, Barnes)
2016/17 - Peterborough 0 MK Dons 1 - (Checkatrade Trophy) – (Agard)
2016/17 – MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2
2014/15 – MK Dons 3 Peterborough 0 – (Grigg, Reeves 2)
2014/15 - Peterborough 3 MK Dons 2 – (Alli, Powell)
2013/14 – MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2
2013/14 – Peterborough 2 MK Dons 1 – (McLeod)
2010/11 – Peterborough 2 MK Dons 0 - (Play Offs)
2010/11 – MK Dons 3 Peterborough 2 - (Play Offs) – (Powell, Baldock, Balanta)
2010/11 – MK Dons 1 Peterborough 0 – (MacKenzie)
2010/11 – Peterborough 2 MK Dons 1 – (Lewington)
2008/09 – Peterborough 0 MK Dons 0
2008/09 – MK Dons 1 Peterborough 2 – (Gerba)
2007/08 – MK Dons 1 Peterborough 1 - (League 2) - (Wilbraham)
2007/08 – Peterborough 1 MK Dons 2 - (League 2) – (Gallen, Andrews)
2007/08 – MK Dons 3 Peterborough 1 - (Football League Trophy) – (Wright 2, Cameron)
2006/07 - Peterborough 4 MK Dons 0 - (League 2)
2006/07 – MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2 - (League 2)
2004/05 – Peterborough 0 MK Dons 3 – (Rizzo, McLeod 2)
2004/05 – MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2 - (FA Cup)
2004/05 - MK Dons 1 Peterborough 1 – (Small)
2004/05 – Peterborough 0 MK Dons 3 - (League Cup) – (McLeod, Smart, Kamara)

YOU’VE GOT NO HISTORY
Peterborough FC were formed in 1934 and played in the old Midland League which they won 6 times.

They were elected into the Football League in 1960 replacing Gateshead United.

Following 4th Division success in 1960/61, the club then spent 7 seasons in Division 3 before being relegated in 1968 for financial irregularities, 6 years later they returned to the third tier.

Their highest ranked finish to a season was 10th in the Championship.

In 2002 Victoria Beckham filed a claim with the UK Patent Office over the clubs use of the nickname “Posh”. The former Spice Girl known as Posh Spice claimed the name had become synonymous with her on a worldwide basis, needless to say Peterborough won the case proving usage of the name Posh went back many years, long before she was born.

After winning the case PUFC seemed to go a little over the top when registering the club nickname with the IPO (Intellectual Property Office), instead of choosing one or two relevant business classes relevant to football they chose a staggering 28 classes which included, Hand Tools, cigarettes, Firearms, musical instruments, coat hangers, ashtrays, carpets, meat, fish, jam, mustard, bread, live animals, beer……..the list is endless containing hundreds of non-football related goods and services.

Since 2005 Posh have had 13 managers.

PREDICTION
That’s it for another week, don’t forget the deadlines and the rules, also be aware that multiple threads are likely to be out there at any one time.

Happy New Year Folks, just think, it cant get much worse....................can it ?

8-) WellDon

EXAMPLE
MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2
MKDFGS – No Goal Scorer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:07 pm 

Mk Dons 0 Peterborough 2
No fdgs

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:14 pm 

3-1 Dons
Agard

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:01 pm 

MK Dons 1 Peterborough 0

FGS Sow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:33 pm 

Mk Dons 2 Peterborough 2
Sow

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:49 pm 
MK Dons 2-1 Peterborough

FGS Agard

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:51 pm 

MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2
No MK scorer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:04 pm 

Dons 1 Posh 2
FGS Upson

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:26 am 

MK Dons 0 Peterborough 3

NFGS

Last edited by Oldbloke on Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:45 am 

MK Dons 0 Peterborough 2