THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 6:58 pm 
Discuss the game and your pre-match build up as it progresses.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:12 pm 

Looking forward to it, love the F.A. Cup

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:44 pm 

FA Cup is great. Always annoys me that we get such small attendances for these games. We aren’t the only ones but wish more people would see it for what it is. A great competition at every round.

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:43 pm 

I’m in Gran Canaria. Fortunately WiFi reception by the pool is excellent.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:14 am 
It's a shame a lot of the 'magic' of the FA Cup has gone. I remember growing up in the 90's and watching the FA Cup Finals on TV, it was MASSIVE. BBC used to have about 4 hours of build-up on the Saturday. Both sides in the final used to release an 'FA Cup Final song' where the players would sing it themselves (I remember watching the Man Utd team singing on Top of the Pops :? ). Winning the FA Cup used to be as big a thing as winning the Champions League.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:01 am 

FilthyDon wrote:
It's a shame a lot of the 'magic' of the FA Cup has gone. I remember growing up in the 90's and watching the FA Cup Finals on TV, it was MASSIVE. BBC used to have about 4 hours of build-up on the Saturday. Both sides in the final used to release an 'FA Cup Final song' where the players would sing it themselves (I remember watching the Man Utd team singing on Top of the Pops :? ). Winning the FA Cup used to be as big a thing as winning the Champions League.

My memories are further back than that, a family in our street were the only ones with a colour tv so everyone used to go round their house to watch it. Loved all the build up, the whole day was magical as a kid, I would take an F.A. Cup final over a Champions league final every day of the week. Think it was different then, life was more simple.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:22 am 

I'm not going, and neither is my son. He's lost all interest in MK. I don't blame him. The footy is ponderous, boring, uninspiring and quite frankly ruins a good afternoon out with friends. I'm coming quite closely back to looking forward to Saturday afternoons when we're away. I came back after a year off with the intention not to get hooked in again, and I'm not. Today's the first day of not getting hooked back in.

I'd much rather spend the afternoon in the garden, in December, than spend my hard earned scraping a win against part timers. Good luck to those that are going.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:53 am 

Will there be a minutes applause in remberance of Neil Ardley and his boys epic defeat ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:08 am 

Will be watching from the way end today and looking forward to an entertaining game, should be a good one as Maidstone have said they will come to attack and are not playing for a replay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:09 am 
Kempstondons6 wrote:
FilthyDon wrote:

My memories are further back than that, a family in our street were the only ones with a colour tv so everyone used to go round their house to watch it. Loved all the build up, the whole day was magical as a kid, I would take an F.A. Cup final over a Champions league final every day of the week. Think it was different then, life was more simple.

I miss life being simple pre-internet, in general. Or at least pre-social media era.

Miss the 90's massively, life was great growing up then.