THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:24 pm 

We could give away £50 season tickets and I'd bet we wouldn't get anywhere near 15k.

Sorry but we don't have a large enough interest in the area

Apparently.

UTF

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 am 

We sell under 12 tickets for a tenner and don't get 15k.

Where the club could do better is more of this special days like armed forces day but why not one for the emergency services or for the NHS of whatever?

They could also try to get more school groups in with free tickets and hope they buy tea and sweets - the Ryanair model.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:58 am 

Don Direction wrote:
We sell under 12 tickets for a tenner and don't get 15k.

Where the club could do better is more of this special days like armed forces day but why not one for the emergency services or for the NHS of whatever?

They could also try to get more school groups in with free tickets and hope they buy tea and sweets - the Ryanair model.

We tried that but all the players booked their holidays at the same time so we had to cancel their tickets. We offered them another match at Luton Town but they all refused ;)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:51 pm 

Some balanced comments in there......"Their ground is awful. Soleless."
Ok, who went without the soles of their shoes ?? Own up. Think he means soulless. Clearly some of his fellow fans do not agree and were impressed by the place. I'd rather be soulless than dim.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:05 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Some balanced comments in there......"Their ground is awful. Soleless."
Ok, who went without the soles of their shoes ?? Own up. Think he means soulless. Clearly some of his fellow fans do not agree and were impressed by the place. I'd rather be soulless than dim.

I've never understood the criticism of MK being all concrete as a) it isn't, lots of green stuff and b) what do they build with?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:09 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Locutus wrote:
I'd love to know where these £150 season tickets are.

They are at Bradford. They have a very interesting 'pile it high, sell it cheap' model for their season tickets. It is rather dangerous, though, as it effectively anchors the price point for future years making it hard to put the price back to nearer the £300 mark.

Huddersfield show you can be a Premier League team and sell cheap season tickets. £250 for a Premier League season ticket is a steal.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:54 am 

Russybcool wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Locutus wrote:

They are at Bradford. They have a very interesting 'pile it high, sell it cheap' model for their season tickets. It is rather dangerous, though, as it effectively anchors the price point for future years making it hard to put the price back to nearer the £300 mark.

Huddersfield show you can be a Premier League team and sell cheap season tickets. £250 for a Premier League season ticket is a steal.

It’s even easier in the Premier. You get so much tv money that gate revenue is almost irrelevant. See Bournemouth...

There’s been a few articles recently predicting that many prem clubs could soon offer £100 season tickets. The issue for Football as a whole would be the fact you’d have top flight Football priced at, say, £10 a ticket while the big clubs in the Championship (Newcastle, Leeds Sheffield Wednesday etc) charge the best part of £50! That would cause huge issues in terms of value for money at the clubs concerned.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 am 

Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Locutus wrote:

It’s even easier in the Premier. You get so much tv money that gate revenue is almost irrelevant. See Bournemouth...

There’s been a few articles recently predicting that many prem clubs could soon offer £100 season tickets. The issue for Football as a whole would be the fact you’d have top flight Football priced at, say, £10 a ticket while the big clubs in the Championship (Newcastle, Leeds Sheffield Wednesday etc) charge the best part of £50! That would cause huge issues in terms of value for money at the clubs concerned.

That's exactly the point that those campaigning for cheaper tickets in the PL don't understand. It's a premium product and should be priced accordingly.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:29 pm 

dons50 wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Locutus wrote:

That's exactly the point that those campaigning for cheaper tickets in the PL don't understand. It's a premium product and should be priced accordingly.

I reckon we get to watch the premium product. Wonderfully unpredictable results with fallible players likely to play like Ronaldo one minute and Ronald MacDonald the next. Where else could you watch the likes of a Marmite ply their trade? We also get the chance to watch youngsters develop at a phenomenal rate or sink without trace as they get booted out of the game by some canny clogger in his last season before retirement to pub team football.

Premiership football? They can stick it where the sun don't shine, for me. There may come a time when the Dons become so good that I no longer consider them 'enjoyable to watch' as they demolish the strongest teams that the Premiership can offer. Probably alright for a year or two yet, though...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:00 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
dons50 wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
familymkdonsfan wrote:
Locutus wrote:

I reckon we get to watch the premium product. Wonderfully unpredictable results with fallible players likely to play like Ronaldo one minute and Ronald MacDonald the next. Where else could you watch the likes of a Marmite ply their trade? We also get the chance to watch youngsters develop at a phenomenal rate or sink without trace as they get booted out of the game by some canny clogger in his last season before retirement to pub team football.

Premiership football? They can stick it where the sun don't shine, for me. There may come a time when the Dons become so good that I no longer consider them 'enjoyable to watch' as they demolish the strongest teams that the Premiership can offer. Probably alright for a year or two yet, though...

I enjoy watching my local team, but let’s not kid ourselves.