THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:22 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:42 pm 
Quote:
I know we have a good record against MKD, especially at their place, however they were on a run of form , 5 without a loss, so that is a remarkable victory.

Quote:
Football can be cruel, and MK D is the last place I want City to be exposed. I hope McCall and Black call this right, and leave MK D to worry about US.

Quote:
One major factor in our favour is the size of their grass. We literally passed them off the field in the first half.

Quote:
Their ground is awful. Soleless.

Quote:
The entire MK thing is soulless. Name a “new town” that isn’t tbh. Harlow NT is the absolute pits. One big concrete half boarded up centre and houses. All misplaced Londoners looking for an identity

Quote:
Not the finest shift the Dons have put in by the sounds of it..

Quote:
Cracking game! Wonderful atmosphere. We were poor for 10 minutes either side of the half time whistle, but great the other 70 minutes.

Quote:
Another fantastic result on the road. I know they were playing against 10 men for most of the game, but you still have to perform to get a result, well done to the lads as we continue our recent great record against MK

Quote:
Re red card - that was piss poor by their defender who turns like a oil tanker git what he deserved last man.

Quote:
That red card could have been a penalty on another day

Quote:
Their manager will be saying - get the ball up the pitch, win free kicks and corners because our set piece defending looks poor.

Quote:
Poor defending for their goal! Just let the biggest man on the pitch get a free header away

Quote:
Superb win today. That's the most composed I've seen us all season and they never really got us out of 1st gear.

Quote:
Great result and performance. Even before the red card we looked so composed on the ball and had them chasing shadows while we passed and moved. After the red card there was still a job to be done and we managed the game perfectly (bar the sloppy goal).

Quote:
Without doubt their goal was poor with regards as our defending, Stuart makes a comment about it 2:15 minutes into this interview , Wyke picking the lad Ebanks-Landell up instead of Kilgallon.

Quote:
Just a mention on how comfy the seats are at MK Dons. Wonder if they would let us have some. They don’t need that many

Quote:
Their crowd wasn’t bad this time around. Must have been the opposition wot did it?

Quote:
Winkelman has it right... We are a sleeping giant..... well the first bits right

Quote:
what a fabulous facility MK Dons have there in Stadium MK, not sure how they haven't woken up to £150-£200 season tickets to get 16k+ week in week out, a real shame that they don't have an atmosphere. What I'd give for a stadium like that at Odsal for us to share with Bulls (owned by the clubs).

Quote:
Finally totally agree about Stadium MK. I've been before but for some reason it seemed better this time. As you say, shame it doesn't get the attendances it deserves.

Last edited by FilthyDon on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:20 pm 

You've made my day doing this thread again.
Thanks always a great read.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:04 am 

I'd love to know where these £150 season tickets are.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:18 am 
Locutus wrote:

Probably the same place those additional 10k ST holders are hiding just waiting for a £100 or so price drop

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:02 am 

Locutus wrote:

They are at Bradford. They have a very interesting 'pile it high, sell it cheap' model for their season tickets. It is rather dangerous, though, as it effectively anchors the price point for future years making it hard to put the price back to nearer the £300 mark.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:07 am 

They get gates of 20,000 most weeks. But as has been said above, dangerous old game that. But it seems to be working for them so far.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:17 am 

I would say very fair comments.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:22 am 

Gers wrote:
They get gates of 20,000 most weeks. But as has been said above, dangerous old game that. But it seems to be working for them so far.

You can do that at a club where you know there’s legions of stay away fans that have “stopped bothering” over the years and need some sort of enticement to get them back into the habit of going again. The proof in the pudding that sort of initiative is a long way from working in Milton Keynes was that Bolton game last season. Free tickets for anyone in MK and we added about 8>9,000 to the gate. How many of those would be prepared to shell out even £100 on a S/T, that’s the big question...

Last edited by Camdenite on Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:36 am 

Quote:
The entire MK thing is soulless. Name a “new town” that isn’t tbh. Harlow NT is the absolute pits. One big concrete half boarded up centre and houses. All misplaced Londoners looking for an identity

I know I shouldn't bite - but I find comments like this so hilarious it's hard not to

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:02 pm 

Locutus wrote:

Think the comment is that we should have £150 tickets so we do get 16k - like they have done - it could be a good plan working on “mars bar” theory make little margin on mass sales - would we sell another 10k in season tickets at half the cost ?? Not financially viable to only sell £3k more at half cost as lose revenue !!

By the way VFTOS is superb post well done