THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 473
122


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:05 pm
Posts: 67
157


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:13 pm
Posts: 34
114


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 141
Well done to the 119 that travelled for that shit.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:15 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 509
Location: Somewhere in SG19
Greg wrote:
Well done to the 119 that travelled for that shit.

Wish I hadn't... :shock:

Greg, in the OP you said:
"Please place your away attendance predictions for the Oldham game by 2PM TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY"

Then on Monday lunchtime you said:
"Keep those guesses coming before midday tomorrow."

Walsall away cutoff was 12PM.
Northampton away cutoff was 12PM.
Scunthorpe away cutoff was 12PM.
Oxford away cutoff was 12PM.
Rotherham away cutoff was 12PM.
Doncaster away cutoff was 12PM.
All 12PM, as normal.

What was the intended cutoff for Oldham - 12PM as normal (just missed typing the 1 from 12PM to leave 2PM?), or was it really intended as 2PM for some reason?



Then there's the question of the significant flurry of prediction & edits after 12PM yesterday:
Russybcool wrote:
122
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Locutus wrote:
*Changed to 120
Last edited by Locutus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 147)

Alby wrote:
127
Last edited by Alby on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leodon wrote:
123
Last edited by leodon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 143)

RedDotDon wrote:
120
Last edited by RedDotDon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 135)


Inside info? ;)
The coaches departed Stadium MK at 2pm yesterday...


There were also 2 predictions / edits outside the cutoff, even if it was intended to be 2PM:
mkdonsdan4 wrote:
114
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 pm

chrisdon wrote:
107
Last edited by chrisdon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Whatever the reason behind all those, shouldn't the cut-off always be 12pm or 2 hours before the coaches depart, whichever is earlier, to avoid a similar flurry of edits attempting to so significantly affect the results, occurring again in future?

The rules say:
"As before, predictions must be made by midnight the night before the game."
"Please keep your predictions to one post - if you wish to change, please edit your original post (before the deadline).

I'm putting this request for clarification, and your adjudication onto the forum for all to see & discuss openly, unlike the cowardly actions of some others on a different occasion with another competition on here... ;)

Many thanks for looking into all this, clarifying the intended cutoff and/or reason for the exceptionally late Oldham game cutoff if intentional, clarifying/modifying the cutoff in the Rules to at least ensure consistency from this point onwards, and clarifying your conclusion & adjudication for the Oldham game predictions, for the benefit of everyone involved.
SG19.

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:48 pm
Posts: 708
Location: In the Armchair.
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Greg wrote:
Well done to the 119 that travelled for that shit.

Wish I hadn't... :shock:

Greg, in the OP you said:
"Please place your away attendance predictions for the Oldham game by 2PM TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY"

Then on Monday lunchtime you said:
"Keep those guesses coming before midday tomorrow."

Walsall away cutoff was 12PM.
Northampton away cutoff was 12PM.
Scunthorpe away cutoff was 12PM.
Oxford away cutoff was 12PM.
Rotherham away cutoff was 12PM.
Doncaster away cutoff was 12PM.
All 12PM, as normal.

What was the intended cutoff for Oldham - 12PM as normal (just missed typing the 1 from 12PM to leave 2PM?), or was it really intended as 2PM for some reason?



Then there's the question of the significant flurry of prediction & edits after 12PM yesterday:
Russybcool wrote:
122
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Locutus wrote:
*Changed to 120
Last edited by Locutus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 147)

Alby wrote:
127
Last edited by Alby on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leodon wrote:
123
Last edited by leodon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 143)

RedDotDon wrote:
120
Last edited by RedDotDon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 135)


Inside info? ;)
The coaches departed Stadium MK at 2pm yesterday...


There were also 2 predictions / edits outside the cutoff, even if it was intended to be 2PM:
mkdonsdan4 wrote:
114
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 pm

chrisdon wrote:
107
Last edited by chrisdon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Whatever the reason behind all those, shouldn't the cut-off always be 12pm or 2 hours before the coaches depart, whichever is earlier, to avoid a similar flurry of edits attempting to so significantly affect the results, occurring again in future?

The rules say:
"As before, predictions must be made by midnight the night before the game."
"Please keep your predictions to one post - if you wish to change, please edit your original post (before the deadline).

I'm putting this request for clarification, and your adjudication onto the forum for all to see & discuss openly, unlike the cowardly actions of some others on a different occasion with another competition on here... ;)

Many thanks for looking into all this, clarifying the intended cutoff and/or reason for the exceptionally late Oldham game cutoff if intentional, clarifying/modifying the cutoff in the Rules to at least ensure consistency from this point onwards, and clarifying your conclusion & adjudication for the Oldham game predictions, for the benefit of everyone involved.
SG19.

SG19.....I believe and understood that everyone was happy with the solution regarding resolving the APL dispute.
You may not like the fact that somebody spoke out of school, rightly or wrongly, but at your request I put the matter to the disputes panel, and it was resolved in a fair and proper manner.
Would you agree ?

_________________
The APL voted Thread of the Year 2017 in the TCR Awards.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:31 pm
Posts: 473
WellDon wrote:
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Greg wrote:
Well done to the 119 that travelled for that shit.

Wish I hadn't... :shock:

Greg, in the OP you said:
"Please place your away attendance predictions for the Oldham game by 2PM TUESDAY 13TH FEBRUARY"

Then on Monday lunchtime you said:
"Keep those guesses coming before midday tomorrow."

Walsall away cutoff was 12PM.
Northampton away cutoff was 12PM.
Scunthorpe away cutoff was 12PM.
Oxford away cutoff was 12PM.
Rotherham away cutoff was 12PM.
Doncaster away cutoff was 12PM.
All 12PM, as normal.

What was the intended cutoff for Oldham - 12PM as normal (just missed typing the 1 from 12PM to leave 2PM?), or was it really intended as 2PM for some reason?



Then there's the question of the significant flurry of prediction & edits after 12PM yesterday:
Russybcool wrote:
122
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Locutus wrote:
*Changed to 120
Last edited by Locutus on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 147)

Alby wrote:
127
Last edited by Alby on Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leodon wrote:
123
Last edited by leodon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 143)

RedDotDon wrote:
120
Last edited by RedDotDon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Previous prediction was 135)


Inside info? ;)
The coaches departed Stadium MK at 2pm yesterday...


There were also 2 predictions / edits outside the cutoff, even if it was intended to be 2PM:
mkdonsdan4 wrote:
114
Posted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:45 pm

chrisdon wrote:
107
Last edited by chrisdon on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.


Whatever the reason behind all those, shouldn't the cut-off always be 12pm or 2 hours before the coaches depart, whichever is earlier, to avoid a similar flurry of edits attempting to so significantly affect the results, occurring again in future?

The rules say:
"As before, predictions must be made by midnight the night before the game."
"Please keep your predictions to one post - if you wish to change, please edit your original post (before the deadline).

I'm putting this request for clarification, and your adjudication onto the forum for all to see & discuss openly, unlike the cowardly actions of some others on a different occasion with another competition on here... ;)

Many thanks for looking into all this, clarifying the intended cutoff and/or reason for the exceptionally late Oldham game cutoff if intentional, clarifying/modifying the cutoff in the Rules to at least ensure consistency from this point onwards, and clarifying your conclusion & adjudication for the Oldham game predictions, for the benefit of everyone involved.
SG19.

SG19.....I believe and understood that everyone was happy with the solution regarding resolving the APL dispute.
You may not like the fact that somebody spoke out of school, rightly or wrongly, but at your request I put the matter to the disputes panel, and it was resolved in a fair and proper manner.
Would you agree ?


What's to dispute the OP was 2pm. That should stand. Bearing in mind we can all guess the attendance was shit that should be the time. I don't read all the posts on this thread just the OP. BTW I had no insider telling me the attendances I just guessed and I didn't edit it so it was my original prediction. I rest my case m'laud.

PS ALL the games you referenced at 3pm Saturday kick offs not 7:45 Tuesday games. Now I rest my case.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:55 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 509
Location: Somewhere in SG19
WellDon wrote:
SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
I'm putting this request for clarification, and your adjudication onto the forum for all to see & discuss openly, unlike the cowardly actions of some others on a different occasion with another competition on here... ;)

SG19.....I believe and understood that everyone was happy with the solution regarding resolving the APL dispute.
You may not like the fact that somebody spoke out of school, rightly or wrongly, but at your request I put the matter to the disputes panel, and it was resolved in a fair and proper manner.
Would you agree ?

Indeed - nothing in that directed in your direction at all, WD.
As previously clearly stated on that occasion:
"I'll accept your decision WD, it's your competition, and thanks for running it.
I'll also accept the cowardice of whoever whinged to you in private... ;-) "
"Many thanks in advance for the careful and considered deliberations of the disputes panel and its adjudication, which I will gladly respect and accept.
Many thanks again WD"
"Many thanks indeed for the careful considered deliberations of the disputes panel, together with the rule addition, clarification and fair adjudication, which I fully respect & accept with gratitude."

Many thanks again WD - hope this clarifies, again.

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:14 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:55 am
Posts: 509
Location: Somewhere in SG19
Russybcool wrote:
PS ALL the games you referenced at 3pm Saturday kick offs not 7:45 Tuesday games. Now I rest my case.

Irrelevant M'Lud, the rules are the rules, and the overwhelming weight of the evidence already given takes precedence over mere speculation on my learned colleagues part.

Perhaps Russy would care to produce an equally impressive body of evidence showing a later How Crap cutoff than 12PM for a Tuesday evening game this season? ;)

_________________
League 1 home games:
Final 8 by Robinson W0 D3 L5 GD-9. 3PTS
First 8 by Neilson W5 D1 L2 GD+4. 16PTS

Final 8 by Neilson W2 D5 L1 GD+1. 11PTS
First 8 by Micciche W0 D0 L2 GD-2. 0PTS

This is the (Dawning of A) New Era... :shock:
COYD!
84/92


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:50 pm
Posts: 141
Thanks for that. I did indeed mean 2pm in the OP. I would have written Midday otherwise. It was an attempt to get more guesses.

I do usually suggest midday for the deadline, as there aren't many trips that set off earlier than that for a weeknight game.

Any guesses after the deadline (2pm for this game) don't get accepted, nor do edits after the deadline.

The original rules only state that predictions may close earlier than the usual midnight the day before the game. I will word this better for next season.

I hope this is clear. Please reply if anyone has a problem.

Greg


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group