THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:22 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: EFL/AFC Charge?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:45 am 

Been a few weeks now. Since The EFL charged AFC with regards to Circumstances that occured at our recent meeting with them. The silence is golden. Does anyone have any update or Idea in what the delay Is, In dealing with them? They either uphold the charge and charge them or they don't and make it public. They were quick about charging AFC. Need to follow it through. At the moment it makes them look like the incompetent fools that I know they are.

Post subject: Re: EFL/AFC Charge?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:52 am 

hemelheskey wrote:
Been a few weeks now. Since The EFL charged AFC with regards to Circumstances that occured at our recent meeting with them. The silence is golden. Does anyone have any update or Idea in what the delay Is, In dealing with them? They either uphold the charge and charge them or they don't and make it public. They were quick about charging AFC. Need to follow it through. At the moment it makes them look like the incompetent fools that I know they are.

More importantly it shows how bullet proof AFC appear to be.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:47 am 

They are probably waiting for a reply from Erik, but he is slow because he has had MILTONKEYS buttons removed from his keyboard.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:13 pm 

Once the charge has been made they have to see it through I'd have thought. Our friends got a mild rebuke last time and stuck two fingers up this time.
You'd expect to hear SOMETHING I'd have thought, even if the final outcome wasn't made public - although if it isn't there could be all sorts of complaints about a lack of transparency.
Bad eggs those afc chappies.
Don't like the cut of their jib. :ugeek: :ugeek:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:51 pm 

I seem to remember that one or two on WUP who should know claimed Erik was preparing a statement (he came out with an initial acknowledgement of the investigation only). He must have been expecting the investigation to be fairly swift if he was readying his response.

I would guess that the EFL is taking relevant statements from us. It may just come down to how far Pete wants to push it. There’s a PR perspective to this too.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:01 pm 

Agree with you on the PR element. I can't see it being 'quietly dropped' though. They have flouted the rules twice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:15 am 

Camdenite wrote:
I seem to remember that one or two on WUP who should know claimed Erik was preparing a statement (he came out with an initial acknowledgement of the investigation only). He must have been expecting the investigation to be fairly swift if he was readying his response.

I would guess that the EFL is taking relevant statements from us. It may just come down to how far Pete wants to push it. There’s a PR perspective to this too.

I think the problem is that Pete is too nice and doesn’t want to make issues out of it. If he doesn’t find it an issue but the vast majority of fans do, he should listen and act. A lot of the club are quietly annoyed by their immaturity, if he actually stood up and said this is a one of a few issues that is holding the two clubs back from trying to piece together some sort of professionalism in these fixtures.

I’d have preferred if Erik had come out in March and said the truth. “We don’t want to call them MK Dons because we don’t believe they warrant the tag on our scoreboard” instead of the bollocks about it not fitting on the scoreboard and not intending to offend people. Fuck off you old gimp.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:35 am 

I think without anyone at the club pushing it, I think the EFL will let it slide.

In revenge how about when we play them at home, the PA system blasts out Kingston Town by UB40 all evening

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:48 am 

Bill wrote:
I think without anyone at the club pushing it, I think the EFL will let it slide.

In revenge how about when we play them at home, the PA system blasts out Kingston Town by UB40 all evening

How about we maintain our dignity.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:03 am 

dons50 wrote:
Bill wrote:

How about we maintain our dignity.

Who sung that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next