THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 am 

So, our youth teams had a game down there yesterday, or rather were supposed to..

Of course it was in some doubt due to the heavy frost but according to a friend who spoke with Ed Rubio yesterday there was no phone call from them to say it was off. They let us travel down in order to find out on arrival.

Obviously huge giggles for them but surely there’s rules in place regarding contacting the opposition? They exist at park level even, so I’d be stunned if they don’t apply here. It’ll be another matter that won’t get dealt with by the authorities but it’s a clear breach I’d say.

They really need to grow up if they want to be taken seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 am 

Mate let’s be fair we’d be all over this in fits of hysterics if it were the other way around. Having said that yeah they really need to get a grip of themselves. Hardly total football telling their youth that that’s the right way to go about things. Sets a great example.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:34 pm 

Much as it might be amusing to reciprocate, I'm still proud that we don't stoop to their level.

Vile people.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 pm 

Imagine supporting that lot

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:05 pm 

Alby wrote:
Imagine supporting that lot

The frustrating thing is, I bet supporting that lot is great for them as, no matter how appallingly they behave towards us they still have the support of the public, media and FA (while we have the outside support of sweet FA!) Most clubs have a chip on their shoulder about something - big clubs, rivals, authorities, etc. It must be great to have carte blanche to act as they wish and get away with everything. There's tines when I'd have liked us to reciprocate in more subtle ways, but I know whatever we did would get slated so, as 'Brando' said, best to rise above them and not stoop to their levels.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:37 pm 

I think that may have been true 14 years ago when the move happened, but a lot of water has passed under the bridge since then, and a lot more people out there have opened their eyes about AFCW, especially in light of what happened with Kingstonian/Chelsea and of course the whole 'KR is a c...' affair. There are, as far as I'm concerned, only 3 professional media outlets who are biased against us: the BBC, the Guardian and WSC. For everybody else, they no longer care about the move and animosity towards us has definitely thawed since 2003.
We should be proud of what this club has achieved, for the longer the years roll boy, the more isolated from reality the BBC etc will be proven to be.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:59 pm 

Yeah, agree that the hatred / bitterness of neutrals has thawed somewhat over time but it's certainly not melted entirely. There's still no doubt who the neutrals side with, and the whole Kingstonian / Chelsea thing, while a black mark against them when brought up, hasn't remained in the public / media minds anywhere near the level of the whole franchise thing (even though it should!) And I listen Talk Sport a lot, and every time our big game comes along there's no doubting whose side they take.
I still think that if we had reciprocated, then or now, then it would get more negative coverage than their antics.
Hopefully, as you say, time will continue to melt away the animosity.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:12 pm 

Pile of shit club from top to bottom!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:32 pm 

Kempstondons6 wrote:
Pile of shit club from top to bottom!

Ah but it's A FAN'S pile of sh*t club not a franchised one....that makes all the difference. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:27 pm 

If the game was officially called before our lads left MK then Pete should invoice them for travel cost and expenses.

But was it, does anyone know ?