THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:11 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Franchise Watch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:35 pm 

Gers wrote:
Without wishing to gift the oxygen of publicity to a certain massive fan of ours, but if you're in need of a Monday morning pick-me-up...

A prominent blogger, and propaganda monger, has popped up again, with a nice wee piece on this very forum. If, like most sane people, you can't really be arsed, then you'll be glad to know that the setting up of this place defines us as being obsessed with them. I know! Irony right there.

For those that CBA looking it up I had a quick browse.

I'm loving the argument that PW reneged on recommendations made by the FL, which he neglects to points out were made before the the formation of AFCW, a move that in a single stroke made them nearly all impossible to comply with (however honest the intentions might have been). :roll:

Just a few simple questions from me....

How would the presence of a club shop or ticket office remaining in the borough of Merton have gone down? Especially when someone tried to set fire to the one at Selhurst (with staff still in it!)?

How would a bus parked up on Haydon's Road at 12pm on a Saturday lunchtime have made it more than a mile up the road before it had been bricked or petrol-bombed?

How would we have started a Wimbledon museum at Stadium:MK when we had absolutely nothing left to put in it by the time we moved in?

I'll be back later to pick some more holes in it. There's plenty to chose from...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:
Without wishing to gift the oxygen of publicity to a certain massive fan of ours, but if you're in need of a Monday morning pick-me-up...

A prominent blogger, and propaganda monger, has popped up again, with a nice wee piece on this very forum. If, like most sane people, you can't really be arsed, then you'll be glad to know that the setting up of this place defines us as being obsessed with them. I know! Irony right there.

I'm loving the argument that PW reneged on recommendations made by the FL, which he neglects to points out were made before the the formation of AFCW, a move that in a single stroke made them nearly all impossible to comply with (however honest the intentions might have been). :roll:

How would the presence of a club shop or ticket office remaining in the borough of Merton have gone down? Especially when someone tried to set fire to the one at Selhurst (with staff still in it!)?

How would a bus parked up on Haydon's Road at 12pm on a Saturday lunchtime have made it more than a mile up the road before it had been bricked or petrol-bombed?

How would we have started a Wimbledon museum at Stadium:MK when we had absolutely nothing left to put in it by the time we moved in?

I'll be back later to pick some more holes in it. There's plenty to chose from...

I can't believe she is still raising the same points, when it was explained to her on 606 let along TCR.

Also can't believe she is still referring to her team as a Pub Team

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:55 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:

Well good luck with that. He's a fundamentalist, and like all fundamentalists he's dangerous.

After we got relegated from The Championship, I was having a conversation with a close relative of yours on Twitter, when he jumped in with the usual rubbish. I told him at the time that I'd had enough and I'd jacked my season ticket in, and would no longer be going to the colon dome. That wasn't enough for him, and he went on to tell me that I should campaign for MK to drop the Dons. He's mental, and I blocked him.

You can't reason with him. I used to post lengthy posts on the old Moocamp. Answered all his points with reasonable points of my own. Made no difference. He won't listen. He's obsessed with us, no matter how many times he says he isn't, he certainly is. Only the other day when I posted above, he was on the internet within moments telling me that it was me that was obsessed with him. He's actually reading this now. Right now, and no doubt will already have posted something.

I said that he a fundamentalist, and I wasn't joking. And his views are dangerous because of things like this. I was working in Luton once when I got into, what I thought at the time, was a good natured argument with a Luton supporter. I soon found out that it was far from banter, and I was basically told to fuck off the job. Which I did. This guy was spouting exactly the same shite that our friend does via his blog. Its propaganda. Simple as that. I can't see that anything we do will be good enough for him. Like I've already said above. When I jacked my season ticket in and told him that I thought that it was all a massive con, it still didn't satisfy him.

You can go through that blog, answering each of those bullet points with facts. It'll make no difference. You'll be wasting your time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:46 pm 

I actually think it's a mental disorder.

I'm not trying to be funny... it's beyond being a mere zealot, it's obsessive and paranoid behaviour. Deeply unhealthy. He can't help it and I do feel sorry for him. But I wouldn't interact with him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:06 pm 

I thought this thread was about the 2004 website where they used to show our crowd against theirs.
They were desperate to prove our pub team credentials and the closest they came was about 2000 fewer on a bad day for us. I think they gave up after the first season at the NHS

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:25 pm 

Wasn't it 'crowdwatch' or something like that?

They put it up specifically to show our crowds decreasing as theirs increased, and seemed to stop updating it when the opposite happened.

A pint to whoever finds the website!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm 

I think it was actually called Franchise Watch. It was all very spreadsheety

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:46 am 

I think I remember what you're referring to. What amuses me though is why did they have to compare us with them and not with the other league clubs around at the time?
Sounds more like conscience-soothing on their part to me.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:37 pm 

Gers wrote:
Camdenite wrote:
Gers wrote:

Well good luck with that. He's a fundamentalist, and like all fundamentalists he's dangerous.

After we got relegated from The Championship, I was having a conversation with a close relative of yours on Twitter, when he jumped in with the usual rubbish. I told him at the time that I'd had enough and I'd jacked my season ticket in, and would no longer be going to the colon dome. That wasn't enough for him, and he went on to tell me that I should campaign for MK to drop the Dons. He's mental, and I blocked him.

You can't reason with him. I used to post lengthy posts on the old Moocamp. Answered all his points with reasonable points of my own. Made no difference. He won't listen. He's obsessed with us, no matter how many times he says he isn't, he certainly is. Only the other day when I posted above, he was on the internet within moments telling me that it was me that was obsessed with him. He's actually reading this now. Right now, and no doubt will already have posted something.

I said that he a fundamentalist, and I wasn't joking. And his views are dangerous because of things like this. I was working in Luton once when I got into, what I thought at the time, was a good natured argument with a Luton supporter. I soon found out that it was far from banter, and I was basically told to fuck off the job. Which I did. This guy was spouting exactly the same shite that our friend does via his blog. Its propaganda. Simple as that. I can't see that anything we do will be good enough for him. Like I've already said above. When I jacked my season ticket in and told him that I thought that it was all a massive con, it still didn't satisfy him.

You can go through that blog, answering each of those bullet points with facts. It'll make no difference. You'll be wasting your time.

Totally agree; you simply cannot 'reason' with someone like that.
With all the nastiness, injustice and cruelty in the world it amazes me that this attitude is how some people define their lives.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 7:59 pm 

Hadn’t we established that he is actually a she ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next