THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:30 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: EFL/AFC Charge?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:34 pm 

They will most likely ignore this directive. Interesting to see what the EFL do then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:43 pm 

donmentor wrote:
They will most likely ignore this directive. Interesting to see what the EFL do then.

Sharp in-drawing of breath followed by tutting.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:45 pm 

If they feel that strongly about life, I reckon all their team should stand with their backs to our goal for the whole ninety minutes. We might scrape a 1-0 win then, provided we score early on.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:01 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
I don't think it's right to force them into the boardroom if I'm honest. At the end of the day it's a very minor and inoffensive protest.

True. But I guess the FA are thinking that if the minor protests continue, then sooner or later there'll be another act that crosses the line. I imagine the FA are trying to encourage some professional behaviour between the clubs at boardroom level downwards to try and prevent further OTT incidents.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 pm 

I presume we don't ban then from the board room and offer them that courtesy knowing they will turn down? I think that doesn't lower us to their level, and if they choose to go in stands that is up to them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:43 pm 

Should be called the Low Standard instead of The Standard for the quality of the journalism:
Quote:
AFC Wimbledon were formed in 2002 after the original Wimbledon was relocated to Milton Keynes

If you just change one word,"after", to the truth, "before", then that sentence takes on a whole new meaning.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:00 pm 

It's about time that they grew up. If they're insistent on being taken seriously as a league club, then it's about time that they accept the fact that certain standards apply.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:04 pm 

Gers wrote:
It's about time that they grew up. If they're insistent on being taken seriously as a league club, then it's about time that they accept the fact that certain standards apply.

Agree. I keep saying that their behaviour will hold them back but they just quote their success thus far. Can you imagine a prem club behaving in this way towards another one? Its maybe something you can get away with when you are a pub team.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:26 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Gers wrote:

Agree. I keep saying that their behaviour will hold them back but they just quote their success thus far. Can you imagine a prem club behaving in this way towards another one? Its maybe something you can get away with when you are a pub team.

Rangers and Celtic absolutely hate one another, and even they don't stoop to these depths.

It's childish in the extreme. They're fucking children. I'm amazed that the kickoffs at 3, absolutely amazed. I'll be more surprised if nothing happens tomorrow. It's a stupid decision.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:42 pm 

Silverous wrote:
Interesting timing :)

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/footba ... 38796.html

The EFL want Wimbledon Directors in the Directors box? That will be interesting. Will it be all handshakes and pass the cucumber.

Fixed that for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next