THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: MKDSA AGM & FANS FORUM
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:15 pm 

Considering the very sad news regarding the passing of Queen Elizabeth II, Saturday’s match versus Bristol Rovers has been cancelled.

The MKDSA AGM and Fans Forum will still go ahead from 6-15pm in the Players Lounge on Monday evening as will the Bolton Wanderers game the following day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:15 pm 

The club site said it's going to be up on iFollow to watch and/or a full transcript. Nothing yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 6:53 pm 

Any more reports from this? One chap on facebook was providing a running commentary but stopped because "his bullshit detector was overheating", or words to that effect :lol:

I know it will be the usual old stuff, I could probably guess most of what was said, but I'm still curious if anyone has any more notes from this...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:25 pm 

Locutus wrote:
Any more reports from this? One chap on facebook was providing a running commentary but stopped because "his bullshit detector was overheating", or words to that effect :lol:

I know it will be the usual old stuff, I could probably guess most of what was said, but I'm still curious if anyone has any more notes from this...

Yeah I'm disappointed nothing's been up and no comment on here. Did it actually happen? Very interested in what was said.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:05 pm 

Maybe only like 5 people went

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:15 pm 

It's now on iPlayer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:04 pm 

Gonna give it a listen this afternoon.

Regarding Manning - glowing review from Pete in his opening remarks on Liam M being the best coach we have ever had at the club. Sounds like he backs him 100%. Also mentions that had we gone up we would have probably been able to keep Darling and Twine and would have been trying hard to get Coventry and Parrot back.

Edit to add some thoughts as I listen.

Sweeting attempts to explain what LM's possession with purpose style is all about. Essentially is sounds like being direct and the 1st pass anyone should look for is the ball in behind to set an attacker away. If this isn't on the next pass should be a forward one to break the lines. If nothing is one retain the ball and work it across the pitch to open up the opposition by disrupting their shape. Perhaps explains the tendency of our players to lump it long atm.

Sweeting and Pete both very bullish on the quality of the signings we've signed for transfer fees (Grant, Devoy, Burns and Tucker all name dropped by Pete). Sweeting adamant the potential is higher than last season (not sure I agree) but that it will take time for these young additions to settle into a new way of playing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:28 pm 

Ormeau wrote:
Gonna give it a listen this afternoon.

Regarding Manning - glowing review from Pete in his opening remarks on Liam M being the best coach we have ever had at the club. Sounds like he backs him 100%. Also mentions that had we gone up we would have probably been able to keep Darling and Twine and would have been trying hard to get Coventry and Parrot back.

Edit to add some thoughts as I listen.

Sweeting attempts to explain what LM's possession with purpose style is all about. Essentially is sounds like being direct and the 1st pass anyone should look for is the ball in behind to set an attacker away. If this isn't on the next pass should be a forward one to break the lines. If nothing is one retain the ball and work it across the pitch to open up the opposition by disrupting their shape. Perhaps explains the tendency of our players to lump it long atm.

Sweeting and Pete both very bullish on the quality of the signings we've signed for transfer fees (Grant, Devoy, Burns and Tucker all name dropped by Pete). Sweeting adamant the potential is higher than last season (not sure I agree) but that it will take time for these young additions to settle into a new way of playing.

Where's the bit about passing aimlessly fit in and Liam S must have been smoking something if he thinks the current crop will be better than Darling, O'Riley, Twine and/or Coventry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:30 pm 

Last season PW was lauding how we had got our identity back, playing nice football the MK way and hailing LM as the man for implementing it.

The football this season is light years from how we played last term, we’ve lost the identity again, playing long hopeful balls is NOT the MK way, it’s the Tisdale, Nielson way, it’s infuriating to watch, dull as ditchwater, with players aimlessly lumbering around hoping for the best.

I can’t believe Pete is happy/enjoying watching this dross, if he his let’s hear from him

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:34 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Last season PW was lauding how we had got our identity back, playing nice football the MK way and hailing LM as the man for implementing it.

The football this season is light years from how we played last term, we’ve lost the identity again, playing long hopeful balls is NOT the MK way, it’s the Tisdale, Nielson way, it’s infuriating to watch, dull as ditchwater, with players aimlessly lumbering around hoping for the best.

I can’t believe Pete is happy/enjoying watching this dross, if he his let’s hear from him

I like that. It should be out new motto.
MK DONS
Aimlessly lumbering around hoping for the best
since 2004