THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:50 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm 

Scribble wrote:
Last season PW was lauding how we had got our identity back, playing nice football the MK way and hailing LM as the man for implementing it.

The football this season is light years from how we played last term, we’ve lost the identity again, playing long hopeful balls is NOT the MK way, it’s the Tisdale, Nielson way, it’s infuriating to watch, dull as ditchwater, with players aimlessly lumbering around hoping for the best.

I can’t believe Pete is happy/enjoying watching this dross, if he his let’s hear from him

He can’t be happy with the attendances..,

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:15 pm 

There is a reliance on emotion and loyalty to the club but that only stretches so far. If any other business you use steadily went downhill in 10 years you just wouldn't use it you'd go elsewhere and I'm not just talking football the Ice Hockey may be a far better experience.

They need to pull their socks up but I doubt anything at all will happen until the club get promoted and it won't be this year. PW said he won't gamble with the clubs finances however they are gambling a bit if they keep pissing fans off that they stop coming. They then don't get the casual ones say they fail to get promoted for five years (could happen) the rot sets in and it's a endemic steady bleed out of fans. Also what about the future fans?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:57 pm 

Location: .... In SG19 ..... APL Champion 2017/18 Betting Champion 2019/20 Power of 3 Champion 2017/18 + 19/20
Ormeau wrote:
Gonna give it a listen this afternoon.

Regarding Manning - glowing review from Pete in his opening remarks on Liam M being the best coach we have ever had at the club.
Sounds like he backs him 100%.
Also mentions that had we gone up we would have probably been able to keep Darling and Twine and would have been trying hard to get Coventry and Parrot back.

Edit to add some thoughts as I listen.

Sweeting attempts to explain what LM's possession with purpose style is all about.
Essentially is sounds like being direct and the 1st pass anyone should look for is the ball in behind to set an attacker away.
If this isn't on the next pass should be a forward one to break the lines.
If nothing is one retain the ball and work it across the pitch to open up the opposition by disrupting their shape.
Perhaps explains the tendency of our players to lump it long atm.

Sweeting and Pete both very bullish on the quality of the signings we've signed for transfer fees (Grant, Devoy, Burns and Tucker all name dropped by Pete).
Sweeting adamant the potential is higher than last season (not sure I agree) but that it will take time for these young additions to settle into a new way of playing.
Not sure I agree with them either, and here is what LS also said:

"LS: ...so it's been a rocky start, but that's all it is.
We've signed some really good players.
I've got a list here of 8 or 9 players that we beat clubs to that are much bigger in financial clout to us.
I don't share the view that it's going to be that much of a poor season, because I'm still really excited about the development that's going to come in these players.

AG: Starting tomorrow night..."

:lol:

See 53 mins & 40 secs or so, here: https://www.mkdons.com/news/2022/september/ifollow-mk-dons-fans-forum-2022/

21/22 26 11 _9 89 LM 3rd

05/06 12 14 20 50 DW 22nd R
22/23 11 12 23 45 lm/MJ 21st R
17/18 11 12 23 45 rn/DM 23rd R
15/16 _9 12 25 39 KR 23rd R

LS: A rocky start, that's all it is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:19 pm 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Regarding Manning - glowing review from Pete in his opening remarks on Liam M being the best coach we have ever had at the club.
Also mentions that had we gone up we would have probably been able to keep Darling and Twine and would have been trying hard to get Coventry and Parrot back.

Sweeting attempts to explain what LM's possession with purpose style is all about.
Essentially is sounds like being direct and the 1st pass anyone should look for is the ball in behind to set an attacker away.
If nothing is one retain the ball and work it across the pitch to open up the opposition by disrupting their shape.

Sweeting and Pete both very bullish on the quality of the signings we've signed for transfer fees (Grant, Devoy, Burns and Tucker all name dropped by Pete).
Sweeting adamant the potential is higher than last season (not sure I agree) but that it will take time for these young additions to settle into a new way of playing.

I've got a list here of 8 or 9 players that we beat clubs to that are much bigger in financial clout to us.
I don't share the view that it's going to be that much of a poor season, because I'm still really excited about the development that's going to come in these players.

See 53 mins & 40 secs or so, here: https://www.mkdons.com/news/2022/september/ifollow-mk-dons-fans-forum-2022/

I’m still willing to believe them about the squad potential; they’re better players than the performances suggest. But it sure isn’t working yet. Did they give any indication as to when things will improve?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:33 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

I’m still willing to believe them about the squad potential; they’re better players than the performances suggest. But it sure isn’t working yet. Did they give any indication as to when things will improve?

Not from what I can recall.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:42 pm 

keyser soze wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Not until the 12th of never, and that's a long long time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:00 am 

Gers wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
Ormeau wrote:

Not until the 12th of never, and that's a long long time.

Maybe they're doing a Tisdale and trying not to win any games until January, they'e going for a draw and foobing it up.