THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Re: "Supporters Board"
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 6:53 pm 
BetterCallSaul wrote:
Gers wrote:
Dons' Action have released a statement this afternoon stating that they'll no longer work with the club, and the lad that runs it has resigned from the supporters board.

Fair play to him

Yep.

Supporters Board seems more effort than it's worth having looked at the minutes from the last few meetings anyway.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:03 pm 

Well done, DA. Absolutely the right decision.

It's about time the club learned to listen to people other than a few old gits who have spent two decades trying to ingratiate themselves with the powers that be.

Sadly, they won't. Because they don't give a flying fuck what any of us think as long as they've got our money. Fan zone? Supporters board? Free sarnies yesterday? All bare-minimum lip service.

I honestly believe the club doesn't care or even know how the fanbase as a whole think and feel. I was taken aback to see so many fans between 15-30 at Burton yesterday. We finally have the generation of fans we want to be emotionally invested and the club are going out of their way to piss them off.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:10 pm 

SG19 Cowshed Das Boot wrote:
jayosheaswonderwall wrote:
Aliramone wrote:
keyser soze wrote:
They've appointed 3 fans reps: Philippe Pétain, Vidkun Quisling and William Joyce.

Look 'em up kids.
Haw haw. Very good!
When is this said fans forum?
About 1944, based on who the 3 fans reps are.

Missed this at the time. :lol:

As for DA resigning - fuck yeah. It's a bullshit lip-service parliament. Like something from the late Middle Ages. Full of the late middle aged.

To the barricades mes frères!

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:28 pm 

Gers said on the podcast that the club were most happiest when we weren't in the stadium because of the disease.

I'd wager most football clubs are the same.

DonsAction have built everything they do from scratch and, frankly, for their age at the time, it's incredibly admirable. The club are scared of the power an independent supporters board like that can possess when everyone is behind them. They don't want DonsAction.
We exaggerate a lot for comedic effect on what they do want - a quiet fanbase of people sat on their arse, not a crowd of singers with flags or displays. This club is becoming everything I never wanted them to become. It's nothing to do with the relegation btw, we had these moans on the opening weeks of the season - just weeks after we were all so united and together on the back of last season.

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:37 pm 

Alby39 wrote:
Gers said on the podcast that the club were most happiest when we weren't in the stadium because of the disease.

I'd wager most football clubs are the same.

DonsAction have built everything they do from scratch and, frankly, for their age at the time, it's incredibly admirable. The club are scared of the power an independent supporters board like that can possess when everyone is behind them. They don't want DonsAction.
We exaggerate a lot for comedic effect on what they do want - a quiet fanbase of people sat on their arse, not a crowd of singers with flags or displays. This club is becoming everything I never wanted them to become. It's nothing to do with the relegation btw, we had these moans on the opening weeks of the season - just weeks after we were all so united and together on the back of last season.

Indeed. Increasingly, football is owned and run by people who want customers, not impassioned fans.

And yes, I get the irony of an MKD fan saying that, you lurking troll wankers.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:32 pm 

Fair play to DonsAction for this and I hope the news gets a lot of traction on Social Media.

I was a little sceptical about them at first, I wasn't sure exactly who they were and what they were. I wrongly called Ollie out on social media at Bournemouth in a case of mistaken identity for leading the Russel Martin chants. However, he has done a cracking job. Probably done more to actually get 15-25 year olds to go than anything the club itself has done.

I fully understand there are certain corporate decisions that have to be made, I also understand that we can't just let the fans pick and choose everything. Even at fan owned clubs there are frustrations about how they are fun. But the complete disconnect between fans and club is worrying. We saw some small steps in the right direction at the end of the last season, I was gobsmacked they actually reacted by improving the 'street food' offerings. I really hope DonsAction do still have an influence at the club regardless of their position on the Supports Board.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 10:39 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
But the complete disconnect between fans and club is worrying. We saw some small steps in the right direction at the end of the last season, I was gobsmacked they actually reacted by improving the 'street food' offerings. I really hope DonsAction do still have an influence at the club regardless of their position on the Supports Board.

It says something that the best connection any fan has had with PW in the last few years was giving him both barrels in a car park.

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 5:02 am 

My guess is that Domaction will be going forward stronger and harder than ever before. They're not going anywhere. Just doing exactly what's necessary atm and making a stand that this has been unacceptable for more than football reasons

Turn Stadium MK WHITE In The Playoffs

https://donsaction.co.uk/

GET THIS SEASONS HOME SHIRT FOR £16.50 ↓↓↓
https://shop.mkdons.co.uk/collections/23-24-home-kit

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2023 12:41 pm 
Supporters: bored