THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:06 pm 

Didn't bother opening after the game so I couldn't collect my Exeter tickets. Just looked online and the website states the box office shuts at 8:30 on match days now, didn't it use to be an hour after the final whistle?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:07 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Didn't bother opening after the game so I couldn't collect my Exeter tickets. Just looked online and the website states the box office shuts at 8:30 on match days now, didn't it use to be an hour after the final whistle?

They really can't be arsed anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:25 pm 

One example of many examples of cost cutting exercises from the club.

It's a pain for the consumer, but maybe the club felt there wasn't any real benefit to keeping the box office open post match and paying out to man it for an extra hour didn't warrant forking out for wages, utilities etc.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 3:07 pm 

BuckDon wrote:

It's a pain for the consumer, but maybe the club felt there wasn't any real benefit to keeping the box office open post match and paying out to man it for an extra hour didn't warrant forking out for wages, utilities etc.

I think this might be a common theme across all kinds of businesses for the next couple of months. Not just the box office. Having less opening hours to mitigate the impending energy bill price hikes. Remember the energy price cap (absurd as it doesn't help that much) doesn't apply to businesses. So I think this will be the case for lots of places pubs, restaurants and others.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:39 pm 

Alejandro Showy Wales wrote:
BuckDon wrote:

I think this might be a common theme across all kinds of businesses for the next couple of months. Not just the box office. Having less opening hours to mitigate the impending energy bill price hikes. Remember the energy price cap (absurd as it doesn't help that much) doesn't apply to businesses. So I think this will be the case for lots of places pubs, restaurants and others.

That’s a very sensible point. You won’t fit in here. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:41 pm 

Agreed. Going back to the top of the page, opening the box office post-game for a match with 1600 in attendance just isn't viable.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 7:30 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Agreed. Going back to the top of the page, opening the box office post-game for a match with 1600 in attendance just isn't viable.

Maybe so, but it will also not be open post-game for league games with 6000 or so there. Castore also run the club shop, so the box office would realistically only be one or two wages for 2 hours.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2022 6:33 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Maybe so, but it will also not be open post-game for league games with 6000 or so there. Castore also run the club shop, so the box office would realistically only be one or two wages for 2 hours.

Is there anyway they could turn one of the food stands in the stadium into a ticket office and then people can get tickets at half time and not cost too much more in wages/power?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:59 pm 

cornerdon26 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Is there anyway they could turn one of the food stands in the stadium into a ticket office and then people can get tickets at half time and not cost too much more in wages/power?

Nah, the paper on the tickets would be a potential fire hazard - do try and keep up with SMK issues old chap. :ugeek:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2022 10:58 pm 

Aliramone wrote:
cornerdon26 wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Nah, the paper on the tickets would be a potential fire hazard - do try and keep up with SMK issues old chap. :ugeek:

I suppose it was too much common sense for them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next