THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:03 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:03 pm 

Terrible idea.

Trying to avoid coming across as a massive crowd moaner, but given I fully understand the fact that everyone's football experience is different it seems grouping all of our sections together is a bit daft.

Why they can't open CR and the Family stand given people were in there anyway is a little disappointing. Would have certainly spared me having to come up with a few excuses as to what people mean about people being under the floor or in a box to an inquisitive 5 year old. :?

It's not a problem away as thanks to unreserved seating you can take an educated guess as to where will be appropriate to seat with young ones. Yesterday we were kind of stuck.

Just open up a little more if at home for Round 2 please Pete.

PS - Dan I know you will be laughing at this post after Newport 2016. :oops:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:09 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

Trying to avoid coming across as a massive crowd moaner, but given I fully understand the fact that everyone's football experience is different it seems grouping all of our sections together is a bit daft.

Why they can't open CR and the Family stand given people were in there anyway is a little disappointing. Would have certainly spared me having to come up with a few excuses as to what people mean about people being under the floor or in a box to an inquisitive 5 year old. :?

It's not a problem away as thanks to unreserved seating you can take an educated guess as to where will be appropriate to seat with young ones. Yesterday we were kind of stuck.

Agreed. Would have meant not having to watch Love Island meets Brexit too. Hope the vapers got their heart ‘tattoos’ washed off ok today. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:33 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

I have a mouth of a sailor and I have already been told off at a game a couple of seasons back for calling the ref a Ladybit. That was in the East Stand. To which I said there is a family stand if you prefer and she just tutted, but alas no such luck yesterday. But again, can't you see that it is a money saving exercise. Group the 2k crowd together less overheads. All of what we do at the moment is money driven.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:55 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

Simple answers: saving cost of staff on the gates and the cost more stewards to cover those areas. Saving opening up concessions and staff required.

The people in CR would probably have been match sponsors and guests. I would guess that they had to go to Pitchside Bar (upstairs) to get a drink. Not sure about Family Corner, but assume people just moved across there to spread out. Possibly for the same reasons as you mention. The “fans” behind the goals are either. Academy lads collecting errant shots into Row Z or Analyst Staff looking at how we engage with the high press.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:13 pm 

Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

I have a mouth of a sailor and I have already been told off at a game a couple of seasons back for calling the ref a Ladybit. That was in the East Stand. To which I said there is a family stand if you prefer and she just tutted, but alas no such luck yesterday. But again, can't you see that it is a money saving exercise. Group the 2k crowd together less overheads. All of what we do at the moment is money driven.

Maybe I am a terrible parent, but I really don't get the issue with kids hearing swear words. Its all about educating them not to use them and them knowing they are 'adult' words. Although, the whole idea around a word being offensive is a little odd, the world is just not ready to hear a child swearing in context though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:11 pm 

Towcestrian wrote:

Now there was man that can only be described as catastrophically drunk. :lol:

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:12 pm 

East Wing Don wrote:
Russybcool wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

Maybe I am a terrible parent, but I really don't get the issue with kids hearing swear words. Its all about educating them not to use them and them knowing they are 'adult' words. Although, the whole idea around a word being offensive is a little odd, the world is just not ready to hear a child swearing in context though.

The iconic picture of the young Feyenoord fan giving the middle finger springs to mind lol. I know i shouldn't do it. It's uncouth and very much lowest form of language, but they are referees. They are not human like the rest of us :o :twisted: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:13 pm 

Camdenite wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

Simple answers: saving cost of staff on the gates and the cost more stewards to cover those areas. Saving opening up concessions and staff required.

The people in CR would probably have been match sponsors and guests. I would guess that they had to go to Pitchside Bar (upstairs) to get a drink. Not sure about Family Corner, but assume people just moved across there to spread out. Possibly for the same reasons as you mention. The “fans” behind the goals are either. Academy lads collecting errant shots into Row Z or Analyst Staff looking at how we engage with the high press.

Surely there's a higher charge on a ticket that could cover that though. I would have happily paid higher than yesterday for our usual seats to use the Pitchside Bar if we wanted to. I get closing down sections and the need to save costs, but at least one other option shouldn't be too onerous.

Last edited by Towcestrian on Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:14 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:

Now there was man that can only be described as catastrophically drunk. :lol:

It's why I understood the lads behind us. Been there at one time. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:16 pm 

familymkdonsfan wrote:
Towcestrian wrote:
Terrible idea.

Agreed. Would have meant not having to watch Love Island meets Brexit too. Hope the vapers got their heart ‘tattoos’ washed off ok today. :lol:

There were one or two amusing moments I will agree... :)