THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:39 am 

Let's be honest, the burgers in the ground have always been dreadful. I'd get a burger at every game at the Hockey Stadium and would look forward to it. I remember being as excited when we moved to StadMK, went to get my usual burger and had never been so disappointment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:48 am 

East Wing Don wrote:
Let's be honest, the burgers in the ground have always been dreadful. I'd get a burger at every game at the Hockey Stadium and would look forward to it. I remember being as excited when we moved to StadMK, went to get my usual burger and had never been so disappointment.

I miss them giving away double burgers after the game for £1, or whatever change you had, as they'd always cook too many

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:52 am 

Filthier wrote:
Is the food actually any better/diffferent?

I emailed the person in charge of catering and she said they were reviewing the menu ahead of this season. Is it still the same shite?

I have deleted this comment, it wasn't made by me as my account was compromised, I sincerley hope people realise i would never be that unproffessional as the Chair of the DSA. I have written to Andy Gibb to apologise and changed my password which I now realise was as easy to hack as it could of been as it was the same as my user name on Twitter.

Last edited by WellDon on Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:04 am 

He's a former rugby player with little knowledge or understanding of football culture. I feel sorry for the Coventry fans back then, caught in a battle between bad owners (SISU), the council and uncaring Stadium/Wasps.

We are really missing Andrew Cullen.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:06 am 

keyser soze wrote:

It really does seem that way, doesn't it? There are so many things over the weekend where you think 'that never would have happened on AC's watch'.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:21 am 
Lots of comments on Twitter, wonder how long the club will take to respond and how they'll choose to do it.

It's not one thing (e.g. the extortionate prices for bad food), it's the sum of lots of things off the pitch that show a general attitude of contempt from the club towards supporters and a lack of desire to improve. Even if that's not the case, it doesn't feel like that to supporters and that's the issue.

I just hope Pete isn't wheeled out to give some feeble explanation again where he ultimately takes the blame and nothing comes of it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:41 am 

Filthier wrote:
Lots of comments on Twitter, wonder how long the club will take to respond and how they'll choose to do it.

It's not one thing (e.g. the extortionate prices for bad food), it's the sum of lots of things off the pitch that show a general attitude of contempt from the club towards supporters and a lack of desire to improve. Even if that's not the case, it doesn't feel like that to supporters and that's the issue.

I just hope Pete isn't wheeled out to give some feeble explanation again where he ultimately takes the blame and nothing comes of it.

This with bells and whistles on. Each individual issue I faced before 12:30 on Saturday aren't enough to cause up a massive stink about it, but it's the fact that there were so many things wrong one after the other that really wound me up and made it an extremely unenjoyable day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:01 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
keyser soze wrote:

It really does seem that way, doesn't it? There are so many things over the weekend where you think 'that never would have happened on AC's watch'.

I remember a fans forum that was streamed online (must have been during Covid), which allowed those that wouldn't usually attend to watch.

Cullen was the only one that came across well and answered questions with both knowledge and passion. Everyone else came across really poorly.

Think Cullen genuinely cared about making the club a success both on and off the pitch. The current mob (Sweeting excluded), only care about making StadiumMK an attractive venue for activities outside of football and have no care for the club at all.

Either Pete is of the same mindset now or he needs to step up and sort it out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:40 am 

Filthier wrote:

I think an attitude of contempt is not the case, I personally believe that it's a complete lack of any connection with the fans and as a result, it would appear that nobody is aware of any problems.

Which is probably worse :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:44 am 

I dare say Liam Sweeting has plugged the gap from the recruitment side since AC left, but there is obviously huge gaps in the Match Day experience and the general running of the club in terms of engagement.

Interestingly Luke Ashamed has Pete on the radio this evening. Maybe a few cheeky tweets to Luke may encourage some difficult questions?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next