THE CONCRETE ROUNDABOUT (TCR)

The Unofficial MK Dons Forum. Discuss and debate all things Dons
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:34 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 5:52 pm 

Great post BD. The club has felt cold and corporate to me for many, many years. Two of the very small number of people who did a great deal to mitigate that were Andy Cullen and Karl Robinson. This club doesn't have much soul but a lot of what we do have is down to them, and a few other people like WellDon and Runyak.

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:05 pm 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:
Great post BD. The club has felt cold and corporate to me for many, many years. Two of the very small number of people who did a great deal to mitigate that were Andy Cullen and Karl Robinson. This club doesn't have much soul but a lot of what we do have is down to them, and a few other people like WellDon and Runyak.

Corporate sums it up nicely. They seem to be very accomodating to their sponsors.

Everything seems very reactionary at the moment. PW talking on the radio this evening seems like a bit of a coincidence to me. We aren't asking for much. Just a bit more thought around some of the decisions made and a bit more engagement, would go a long way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:08 pm 
BuckDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Corporate sums it up nicely. They seem to be very accomodating to their sponsors.

Everything seems very reactionary at the moment. PW talking on the radio this evening seems like a bit of a coincidence to me. We aren't asking for much. Just a bit more thought around some of the decisions made and a bit more engagement, would go a long way.

Guarantee he says the club knew about the negative feeling from supporters and hence why they've created the fan board.

I hope he doesn't say that, we shouldn't need a fan board to get points across when there's already the MKDSA and DonsAction already doing a good job of raising concerns, it just needs the club to listen and take positive tangible action promptly.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:19 pm 

Filthier wrote:
BuckDon wrote:
Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Guarantee he says the club knew about the negative feeling from supporters and hence why they've created the fan board.

I hope he doesn't say that, we shouldn't need a fan board to get points across when there's already the MKDSA and DonsAction already doing a good job of raising concerns, it just needs the club to listen and take positive tangible action promptly.

It doesn't sit well with me. The MKDSA in particular have been operating for a very long time now and have had direct dealings with the club, so why can't they be trusted to canvass the opinion of fans and be involved with some of the decision making?

Anyway what do I know? I'm not even a bloody member :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:58 pm 

Ok I have 2 points to make!

1) this whole fan board doesn’t sit right with me, I don’t think it’s for the purpose of being a link between fans and the club it’s possibly just another mouthpiece for the club so they seem to be doing something! I don’t think we will get any more change than we have now with the implementation of this new fans board. And, the biggest thing for me is who is even gonna be on this board? It won’t be Colin b, it won’t be Franco v, it won’t be Ollie c and for me there aren’t 3 people any more qualified applying any more effort than them to I still change. All 3 are representing a supporters association that have really pushed for positive change and done so with the utmost professionalism. No one has represented the fans better than them so if they aren’t on the board I question what is the point. For the most part, myself included, fans are hotheaded idiots. I suspect their will be very few if any suitable candidates outside those that represent the mkdsa and dons action who I suspect will not give up their independent organisations to be part of an official, restrictive club group! So what is the point and what idiot at the club, I already know, thinks going over the heads of the very successful mkdsa and dons action was a good idea? Maybe the club should actually be liasing with the 2 fan groups we already have in those and implementing all of the changes they’ve been campaigning for since their incarnation.

2) boycott the official club social media pages still they stop treating us like idiots. Their tweets often don’t read the room, almost always seem scheduled and have absolutely zero soul in them. Just clinical. They are feeble, often deleting tweets that in anyway please the fan base if it is at risk of in anyway offending the crybaby’s of other clubs, it’s like one step forward ten steps back every time they get a positive reaction out of our fans then delete said post ti appease other fan bases. It’s pathetic, the jack tucker hacked tweet about not playing afc this season just one example! Why do we care about upsetting other clubs they have no regard for us! The social media admins need to grow a set of bollocks and realise they represent our club and fans not the interests of other clubs fans and beg to be liked with pathetic back tracks. The serie a, Russian and German social media pages do it best, it’s just banter but by being so feeble and bending to other fans it alienated our own! I mean whatever happened to it’s us against the world! Another thing, you can’t tell me that every signing is completed at 4:45 or 5:45pm every time! So why is every announcement tweeted on the hour with a 15 minute tease when half the time it’s already leaked hours earlier elsewhere? It’s so clearly scheduled it’s ridiculous! Just announce the fucking transfer asap as the engagement is shit when they wait so long the fans already know the deal is done from an actual on the pulse journo! Our reveals this season have been so boring and anti climactic and don’t even get me started on the shitty montage music videos! Whose making these a 12 year old with the tragic mumble rap or emo rap used!

Overall everything just seems so geared towards clinical marketing and not soul, not hype, not innovation!

Look at Burnley’s player reveal for a couple of players pisses over our shitty scheduled crappy music engagement videos in black and white!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:03 pm 

Also the other thing with scheduled tweets these brainiacs haven’t considered is if the fans know the timings to expect tweets eventually they will only check in at 5pm and 6pm and actually see less clicks and engagement throughout the day or outside those times!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:11 am 

THRILLHO wrote:
Ok I have 2 points to make!

1) this whole fan board doesn’t sit right with me, I don’t think it’s for the purpose of being a link between fans and the club it’s possibly just another mouthpiece for the club so they seem to be doing something! I don’t think we will get any more change than we have now with the implementation of this new fans board. And, the biggest thing for me is who is even gonna be on this board? It won’t be Colin b, it won’t be Franco v, it won’t be Ollie c and for me there aren’t 3 people any more qualified applying any more effort than them to I still change. All 3 are representing a supporters association that have really pushed for positive change and done so with the utmost professionalism. No one has represented the fans better than them so if they aren’t on the board I question what is the point. For the most part, myself included, fans are hotheaded idiots. I suspect their will be very few if any suitable candidates outside those that represent the mkdsa and dons action who I suspect will not give up their independent organisations to be part of an official, restrictive club group! So what is the point and what idiot at the club, I already know, thinks going over the heads of the very successful mkdsa and dons action was a good idea? Maybe the club should actually be liasing with the 2 fan groups we already have in those and implementing all of the changes they’ve been campaigning for since their incarnation.

I saw this last night, and hoped someone else would have come on and pointed this as I’ve done so several times now, but but the “implementation of this new fans board” is not the clubs doing. It was a strong recommendation in Tracy Crouch’s white paper government review that fan boards should be set up at every club combing membership from right across the supporter base. The club is merely following that advice. Most clubs have more than one supporters association (all with differing membership and policies) and this white paper addressed that issue by saying it needed to be an independent body with membership open to all. Let’s not forget here that the MKDSA and Dons Action (which you can’t actually join) aren’t ALL supporters. It was recommended they sit with officials from the club.

Yes, the club didn’t read it properly and thought they needed to chair it and appoint the members themselves, but that got resolved after a straightener from Colin and Ollie :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:41 pm 

Was the general matchday experience any better tonight?

"Shut the fuck up, you sausage!"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:52 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

We won so I doubt there will be many complaining even if they were served warm pints of piss and if every seat had broken glass you had to sit on. There will always be a direct correlation between the results on the pitch and finding things to moan about as you are already angry so the other things are more pronounced. Nothing would have changed in a week bar what goes on at the pitch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 am 

Lieutenant Dan wrote:

Before the match, Lewie's was busy but the bar was not. I got served twice, quickly. At half time, the Cowshed Bar was pretty empty. The lager at both bars was fine (it's lager, it's hard to fuck that up). That was my only dealings with the corporate machine on this occasion and it was OK.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9